Author Topic: 091, SAID NO MORE. !!!  (Read 969 times)

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
Re: 091, SAID NO MORE. !!!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2018, 10:39:16 PM »
That is a sleeve for the piñon bearing. What happens is the hole gets egged out from the thrust. So to save the case you bore the hole out and put a sleeve in it. When putting the bearing back in you need to heat the sleeve and use a press to make sure it goes in all the way.

Offline big dave

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 03:49:03 PM »
That is a sleeve for the piñon bearing. What happens is the hole gets egged out from the thrust. So to save the case you bore the hole out and put a sleeve in it. When putting the bearing back in you need to heat the sleeve and use a press to make sure it goes in all the way.
thanks Dan. I thought it looked like a race that was replaceable. for the pinon bearing to set in. I hope to finish putting it back together tomorrow.  If I hit a problem I have you number. It was good talking to you the other night Thanks for all the Tips

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 08:09:55 PM »
I knew Dan could/would help you. He knows the stuff. Thanks for posting up ,Dan!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein  (IT'S OFFICIAL THAT DAY IS HERE NOW!)