Author Topic: Idaho 2016  (Read 22160 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Idaho 2016
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »
i saw the pile of sand that he got out of them. wow i was surprised there was that much in there.

Ya you should have seen the pile that I vacuumed out of the tank when I got it home. It was a good cup full.  I found that I was using a 100 micron filter for the pre and aft filters in the system.  Not good.  I now have a 100 micron pre with a 60 micron just after the pump and a new 40 micron just before the fuel rails.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 01:39:09 PM »
barometric pressure sensor which is for altitude   ;) ;D and called an atmospheric sensor on the busa.   
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/FST-RPM300-Flo-Max-Fuel-Filter-System-with-1-2-Inch-NPT-Ports,112032.html     this is the filter i use and fst rates it for e85/methanol ad says 4 micron but filter says 10 micron
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:53:40 PM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 09:25:25 AM »
Any one who just wants to flat bed your buggy up to Idaho mite check this out.  Go to post #25 on this thread.

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=339567&st=0&#entry4983443

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 05:57:38 PM »
that is interesting but he doesn't have any prices. i pm'd him so i will see what he says

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 08:52:12 PM »
well????
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2016, 08:07:10 AM »
hmmmm gd.com doesn't notify on pm's i wonder what i shut off. anyway here was my q and his reply

i know you said in the post not sure on the price but lets say last week of aug from a sun to fri......how much set up at idaho rv ? do you just have the 1 th'er?

6 days & 5 nights $550 set up with a full tank of gas / propane. Yep, only one trailer.
Philip (619) 994-4047

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:09:39 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2016, 08:12:15 AM »
now i believe this is cheaper than the outfit doug used and not sure it would be cheaper hauling up on a flat bed, other than ease of haul. when you consider having a place to sleep in your th'er for the trip up. now sand racer 1 and others already hauling up on a flatbed may benefit from this. that is a good price really imo
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:16:33 AM by dsrace »

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 07:14:04 AM »
Check those air cleaner elements gentlemen!!  This is what I brought home in mine from last years trip.  It got to the point that it fouled all 4 plugs and would not idle.  This is only the part that "tapped" out on the garage floor.  There was WAY more that washed out in the sink.  I know I shoulda checked but..........  So do those outerwear thingies come in a size that will fit over the stock inlets to the Busa air cleaner???

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 08:22:41 PM »
Well, lets see if I salvaged it........

Lance:

now i believe this is cheaper than the outfit doug used and not sure it would be cheaper hauling up on a flat bed, other than ease of haul. when you consider having a place to sleep in your th'er for the trip up. now sand racer 1 and others already hauling up on a flatbed may benefit from this. that is a good price really imo

Doug and I did the same company last year.

http://luv2camp.com/idaho-dunes-rv-trailer-rentals/
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 03:39:24 PM »
Effn Lance man.   Mad crazy fab skills.  Sure he is a great guy, but his interweb skills suck. 

Here, have some random weird dude. 

Last visable post - me

Yes, they come in all sorts of sizes.  Call them direct with air cleaner dimensions / needs and they will hook you up.  Very helpful the time I called them.

Carry on.

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 03:57:31 PM »
It wasn't me !!!!!!!!!    I got a notification that another member whom I won't name posted.  I'm innocent  rofl rofl rofl

Ain't my fault the software is all jacked up.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 08:02:21 PM »
Last post fast :

Was too.  5: I tried to reply to your post and it locked me up.  Then I found out it had locked the hole thread out. 

Carry on.  Glad to see my selfie made it intact.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 09:57:37 PM »
yummi you come up with the sick twisted pics and i really have to wonder if you took them in cali on the beach lol lol and this is coming from the guy that posted the narwals song  LMAO LMAO

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 05:43:04 AM »
Ya I wonder sometime, do you search for these or are they already on your computer?   LMAO LMAO

Nevermind dont wanna know.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »
Check those air cleaner elements gentlemen!!  This is what I brought home in mine from last years trip.  It got to the point that it fouled all 4 plugs and would not idle.  This is only the part that "tapped" out on the garage floor.  There was WAY more that washed out in the sink.  I know I shoulda checked but..........  So do those outerwear thingies come in a size that will fit over the stock inlets to the Busa air cleaner???

Well,if you were to stay out of the sage..........................just saying.........................you might not appear to have an air cleaner full of mary jane !!!!!  5: 5: rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal