Author Topic: bazzaz and afr guage info  (Read 2669 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
bazzaz and afr guage info
« on: April 10, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »
ok so i am running the bazzaz fi controller and auto mapper on my busa rail. i really didn't like the idea of adding another 02 sensor because of the amps they draw. so i am putting this info here for all to read and use if possible. the 02 sensor that comes with the bazzaz is a bosch 5 wire i believe. i called bazzaz and asked how to piggy back the 02 sensor reading to a gauge i can read while driving, they said it can be done and gave me the info for the auto mapper. Please find the requested information below.

PURP

AFR+

Connect to Logger Analog Input (0V = 10.89 AFR, 4.995V = 16.55 AFR)

this is what they sent me in an email. so i called all the gauge companies i could find except glow shift, glow shift is on my shit list permanently for there total lack of customer service! anyway the only company willing to program one of there digital gauges for this use was speed hut. http://www.speedhut.com/  the tech was very very helpful and told me to order the gauge online and include in the notes the specs for the 02 sensor and they would program it to them for $20 also as a side not anyone ordering one of there gauges make sure you also tell them to silicone the gauge together if it's not in a car so it will be water resistant otherwise they are not. $109 for the gauge and $20 to program it and $10 for shipping but they seem to be 3 weeks out from shipping it to me and they are in utah. enemy told me that was how long it took to get his gauges.   hope the info is useful to someone
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: bazzaz and afr guage info
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:00:33 PM »
I know nothing about speedhut. Good,bad compared to others?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »
that is where i bought all my gauges for my v6 rail and there never had issues. i am pretty sure enemy's gauges came from there as well except the afr and his tach failed if i remember right. they are slow  but i like them and made in the usa according to them

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:27:14 AM »
I know nothing about speedhut. Good,bad compared to others?

All the gauges in the green Mantis were SpeedHut.  The only one that gave me trouble was the boost gauge.  Sent it back and they replaced it asap no questions.  Really liked the way you could set the high and low light to light and the recall factor.  The new HRT will have them soon as I get time to tear it apart and personalize it. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 08:12:13 AM »
Speedhut has awesome gauges. The failure I had on my tach in the rail was user error on my part, still going today and has been taking a beating for over 8 years now. I just installed a tach, speedo and fuel gauge in a Ranger I am building, all programmable. They build them as you order because you customize them with their many options available, so build/ship time is usually about 3 weeks.
You wont be disappointed!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 03:30:17 PM »
if i am happy with all after the trip i will actually order the rest of the gauges from speed hut that i want to delete the factory cluster.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal