Author Topic: St.Anthony Dunes Fall Get Together Aug,23-28 2015 with Contact Info  (Read 85115 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: St.Anthony Dunes Fall Get Together (dates discussion).
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2015, 02:28:49 PM »
I got email back from Idaho dunes RV, and he said no double camping with trailers.  You can put a couple tents.  Do I have to play the Fast card or something to get it approved??   ;) ;)
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »
I haven't asked the camp personally. Pm fast to see what's up. It was his info we are going by.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2015, 07:27:51 PM »
I got email back from Idaho dunes RV, and he said no double camping with trailers.  You can put a couple tents.  Do I have to play the Fast card or something to get it approved??   ;) ;)

Jerry and I made the down and dirty deal with the camp host (Deputy).  The owner was not around.  Jerry told the camp host that he had got the dates or something mixed up and he let us bunk together in the same slot. I don't think that the camp will be near filled up so if you just show up we can talk to deputy and see what he will do. Your mileage may vary and some content could be lost.  How much you want to gamble? Having a great time sunshine and smooth sand in Glamis. I might mention I tried to blow off three of my fingers airing up one of the tires on my sand jack. five hours in emergency care having them sew back on.  Thank God for power steering and a car that will dune in third gear. Lots of good drugs.  Pictures to follow. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2015, 05:15:33 AM »
 :wwp:
of Smooth sand and fingers too.

Well we was born with 10 fingers, and thats too many.  They get in the way sometimes.  I'm down to about 9-1/4.  I got pics somewhere of the metal rods with little plastic balls on end, man that would freak people out.   LMAO LMAO

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2015, 05:27:04 AM »
 :o fast wth!!!!! does mrs fast need to take you air chucks away from you????   carl checked because i told him the way dunebound talked he wasn't going to make it so i would just squeeze in with him but i guess not lol

fast do as the doc's say so you heal up quick!!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2015, 06:07:23 AM »
Here they are.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2015, 06:18:44 AM »
I'm more interested in how airing up an 8" or so diameter tire could fook up 3 fingers. C'mon,fast,spill the beans!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2015, 06:47:59 AM »
I'm more interested in how airing up an 8" or so diameter tire could fook up 3 fingers. C'mon,fast,spill the beans!!!!!

Two piece sheet metal rim separated. Peeled the front side off the four bolts that hold them together.  I have the heavy duty industrial 50 psi with the bronze stems in them.  Had the weight of the buggy on them when I was putting air in. 

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2015, 06:52:14 AM »
 :wwp:  ;) ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2015, 07:08:27 AM »
I have a story that is hard to believe. I swear it is not embellished.   

One day an old gent I estimate around 85 came in to my store . He had been in many times before but on this day he came in with one hand bandaged up. Of course I asked him why. He told me he had stumbled onto his table saw and cut off 2 fingers just after the first knuckle. We talked a bit about it and I said that it must hurt like hell and he was probably glad to have pain meds. He replied that he hadn't gone to the doc or emergency room at all. Being an old timer he just shoved the stubs into kerosene!!!!! TOugh old coot was my thought but to each his own. I asked him why he hadn't gone and tried to have them reattached anyway. His reply was that he had 8 good ones left and he figured he would die before losing any more.  rofl rofl  Well,that was pretty practical thinking I thought to myself.  eyes Good story if it ended there.   A few weeks later ,after his hand had healed and his project was finished,he came in again. Guess what-he had the opposite hand bandaged up.............................................YUP!,he had done the same thing to the other hand. No doc/meds/treatment again other than kerosene.

THEM OLD FELLERS ARE SOME TOUGH SUMBITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!  Me? I'm a pussy.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »
well fast......i have to say i have looked at that pic 4 times now of your fingers. now remembering your stories of you last couple trips to st A and now to glamis.......i'm starting to get concerned about following you to st A!!  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

you have got to stop hurting yourself or you'll be dunning in a little rascal  rofl  ;) ;D    i hope you are healing up quick!!!

on another not i just got a call confirming my reservation at idaho rv park, i am in site 31 next to fast and across from fabr and carl.  not sure when i will arrive but i told them midnight aug 23 through that sat morning.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2015, 07:49:42 PM »
Cool,we'll be in a parallelogram camp shape. Wonder where Jon will pick. 27 would be best I think to keep the camp tight.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2015, 09:06:20 PM »
Ron Brown the Canadian just posted on FB that he will have my old Mantis car there on the 23rd. 

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
Cool,we'll be in a parallelogram camp shape. Wonder where Jon will pick. 27 would be best I think to keep the camp tight.

Just reserved.
27 it is!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
$272 for a week!!!!   wow that had better be one hell of a camp ground  rofl rofl

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal