Author Topic: Ford V6  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Baloo

Ford V6
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
hello chaps

dont know where to put this so l will put it here  ;)

l have just come by this engine, l have seen it in the trade counter of a tunning company for the last few years,
never took much notice of it since it was puke green  :o   :laugh:
its not an engine l have seen before over here but l bet you boys have ?
it is brand new and set up to run on propane and the inlet/mixer is with it,  there is an ecu but no wiring loom dont know what l am going to do with it but it was cheap  eyes

so whats the story with these engines any good ??

Offline Wyattboche

Re: Ford V6
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »
what year is it? Can you tell us more about it like displacement? What's the future plans? Buggy or auto?

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
......................environmentally friendly boat anchor? BUT ,knowing baloo ,there's a plan for it!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline vidio1

• Fabricator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »
It looks like a 4.2L but the oil filter is wrong. Is there an oil filter adapter on it? I'm gonna guess an industrial version because of the SAE bellhousing and exhaust. Do you know if it came off a generator or water pump? Just guesses of course......

Offline Baloo

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 12:19:00 AM »
hello guys

l dont really have any plans for it  eyes, l was in the right place at the right time and it came my way,

it is  4.2 lt and brand new never even been started,  it was l think set up to run on propane from the factory,
it has a gas ( propane ) mixer that fits on the front of the throttle body, l have the ecu but no wiring harness, there is a sensor/trigger that looks like it is fitted where l would expect to see a distributor on a rover/buick engine,  since l would like to run it on propane l guess l dont need the ecu but could go back to a distributor from an earlier model to provide the sparks ??
l have half an idea of using it to build a generator since l have a tractor type pto generator that would just need a driveshaft from the engine flywheel

first thing is to get it running l supose,  whats the availability of second hand distributors over there ?
more chance of winning the lottery than finding one over here lol

Andy

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 05:38:50 AM »
I'd say industrial too, maybe forklift?  Might try to cross ## at a dealer to see what its from. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline vidio1

• Fabricator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »
You should be able to get any parts you need from an industrial engine supplier. Those were a very popular engine for generators and set up to run on propane or LPG. You need to reflash the ECU if you change it to run on gasoline. Parts from a Mustang and F150 would fit it too. I'm not sure the PTO generator idea would work. They are 540 RPM. You might be able to pull the gearbox off it though depending on design of course.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal