Author Topic: Nagel's toybox...  (Read 8168 times)

trans man

Re: Nagel's toybox...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
OK,dammit!. Start an airbrush techniques thread! We all wanna hear,at least I do. I've got a FG dash in need of that.
+1 8) 8) 8)

Did you stretch fish net stockings over it and then paint them to get that effect?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:58:22 AM by trans man »

nagel

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 04:23:30 AM »
LOL, no stockings for this effect..  Thats more for scales (fish / reptile).

I'll make a thread with the technique, and links to the vids and supplies..  I did deviate from the instructions a bit, and liked the results more... (I deviated because I didn't have the paint they suggested, and I also applied a technique from a real fire instructional video)..

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 05:15:34 PM »

I'll make a thread with the technique, and links to the vids and supplies..  I did deviate from the instructions a bit, and liked the results more... (I deviated because I didn't have the paint they suggested, and I also applied a technique from a real fire instructional video)..

Wouldn't happen to be a Mickey Harris vid would it? That guy does some amazing true-flame work. A complete goofball to meet in person though  ;)
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

hemi43

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 07:47:35 AM »
I pm'd you !!

I've been into quad based buggys for a couple years, and have not found a better donor engine than the 660 raptor if you want to go the 5 speed route.
For a CVT setup, Polaris has a nice compact transmission that they made for many years and accepts their standard secondary clutch.
This year we will have a couple different buggy configurations running the trails.
The first one is an Odyssey based buggy with a Polaris XC 600 Liberty snowmobile engine. I'm not a fan of 2 strokes, but I think this will be a rocket !! Although we're using the stock Odyssey tranny for reverse, these engines have electronic reverse which might be the way to go.
The second buggy is also Odyssey based, but is using a KLR 650 bike engine. I don't know how well this will work, because the output from the engine has to be overdriven to go to the input shaft of the stock Odyssey transmission.
The Odyssey's stock tranny is a 10:1 unit designed for a high reving 2 stroke, and is a pain in the ass trying to adapt a 4 stroke to it.
The Polaris tranny I mentioned above a 3:1 unit, and much better suited for our application.

BTW, what is that air cylinder located at the end of your clutch cable, and how does it work?
Dan

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:49:08 AM by hemi43 »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »

???
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

nagel

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »
Masterfabr,

I actually have it half written up..  I do a thorough writeup, not some quick little tidbit that leaves you wondering (including pics, links to vids, the exact paint and masks, etc..)..  I just need to find some time for a few more pics to use as examples.

Hemi43,

I just love how military the one buggy looks..  You would think you stole it off an army base.  Definitely cool looking!!  As for the "air cylinder", its actually a hydraulic clutch..  I know they make a Magura for the raptor motor, the but Magura needs "Magura blood" (basically a mineral oil).  And I wanted a pedal operated clutch.. Which takes brake fluid.  They are incompatible (brake fluid will eat the seals on the magura, and "magura blood" is too thick for a hydraulic pedal).  The CNC Clutch is made for VW's and I just had to modify some mounts to make it work for me..  Actually works pretty well when its properly bled, but I started with a generic "DIY" brake / clutch line kit (the clear vinyl hose) and that leaks like a siv..  I have some braided stainless lines being made that will solve that issue.

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 07:53:52 PM »
Where in NJ are you?

nagel

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
Up north..  A town called West Milford, though I have access to decent trails in Hopatcong and Ringwood as well :)

Where are you from??

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 08:05:38 AM »
South-central!

Just south of Trenton but before the pine barrens.

Cream Ridge.

Snoopy

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 09:40:52 PM »
hey, just wanna throw some more compliments your way ! Great looking buggy.  Any Video of it in action ?    Really like the thread, thanks for posting.  Snoopy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal