Author Topic: Cheap pilots in Canada??? According to this guy....  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Cheap pilots in Canada??? According to this guy....
« on: April 13, 2009, 04:39:16 PM »
Ok here is an email I got from this guy. I sold my 89 Honda Pilot a while back but he must have seen this somewhere and emailed me. 
It was a stock suspended 89 with a good few motor mods. It would haul along very well with my 280 pound carcass in it so it had some snot. With a 150 pounder aboard it would really haul. Not mint mind you but a great runner.

So he emails me this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

robert.k_77@hotmail.com

Can you send it to Canada and 4000 is really expensive people are buyin them for 250-650.

I sent this back. To be honest I was both amused and a bit preturbed a person would suggest such a thing.

No I cannot send it to Canada. The person who HAPPILY bought it for my asking price of $4700.00 us dollars (with all my spare parts of course) is currently enjoying the heck out of it. He had three others and paid more for all of them. He felt mine was a bargain considering it was faster than his other three.

I do not know where you think people are buying Honda Pilots for $250-650 but The frames are worth far more than that. The trannys are really worth some loot and personnaly I think you have your facts mixed WAY up.

If you would like to prove me wrong please feel free to show me where I can buy them for that... Cause I will buy five of them tommorrow!  Thanx Bill

So with that what I sent above I ask of thee!!

To all you guys holding out on selling your Pilots for under $650.00 remeber email me first to buy them. Yah I'll go high end price! Not try to cut you short for $250.00.  LOL!                                     Bill
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SPEC

Re: Cheap pilots in Canada??? According to this guy....
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:42:24 PM »
I'm poor...And I'd take 10 of em for 650

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »
$250-650 but The frames are worth far more than that.

Where?  I got a frame that I would happily part with somewhere in that range.  Or did you mean a roller?
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »
Where?  I got a frame that I would happily part with somewhere in that range.  Or did you mean a roller?
If you have a undamaged Pilot frame (as in structurally, some cosmetic is usually acceptable.) that you want to sell? Post it up here and I can show you two other good places (via pm) that will have great interest if its good. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Islander

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
I have seen only a few pilots for sale on the Island here ever, but they were in the 500-1000 range.  That being said, the average condition of them was just about junk.  I remember one in particular that was cut to hell and re-welded with an Arc welder by a first timer from what I could tell, plus he chopped up the engine mounts to put in some early 80's vintage sled motor, couldn't figure it out, and left it mangled.  What a waste.  I'd love to find one here that was actually taken car of!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »
I could see below $1000 for a parts unit or some trashed thing of a frame.

I have also heard of INCREDIBLE deals now and then when the seller has no idea what they got! But its not a regualr thing AT ALL. I think we all know that. 

But my machine was in good shape and ran out very strong. (Pic below)
It needed NOTHING. It had some cracked plastic and a few scratches but it went and steered and stopped just fine and the only thing it needed was gas (and oil!)

The pic below is what I was asking $4000.00 for by itself. I let it go for $4700.00 with two extra ported cylinders. Three extra heads. A spare torque pipe (Had a Hi Rev on it) A couple belts. A set of sand paddles for the rear (no sand fronts) And a spare brand new air filter. There was some other good MISC stuff as well as the Honda factory Pilot manual.

The machine itself had a ported cylinder with the hig rev pipe. A 41mm Carb and a diffferent carb boot to allow it to be more inline with the cylinder and MUCH easier to install that streaching the stock Pilot unit. Boysen reeds and a reed spacer (The reed spacer was more to lift the larger carb so the float bowl did not rub on the starter) But if it helped like they say they do great. It also had a 102 drive clutch on it.

Why no one gave me $650.00 for it I'll never understand!!!!  ;D ::) :P ;D

Thats the machine below he felt I should sell for $650.00 though.

Suuuuuuuuuuurrrrrreeeeee Kid NO problem. I'll even deliver it and give you $500.00 for gas to ride it!!!  The kid-->   :slp   <-- Me!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:13:42 AM by Nutz4sand »

Odyknuck

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 10:51:57 AM »
Are you sure he did not just want to rent it for that price! ::)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »
I would let a frined ride it for free but I would not let a stranger take it even for the 650! Unless it was by the hour??  :D

I saw my old Pilot at the dunes just over a week ago.

Started to miss it then started to remember how hard getting parts was.

It was fun while it lasted. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal