Author Topic: Barracuda owners - 2 seater questions  (Read 9462 times)

Offline Lance-W

Re: Barracuda owners - 2 seater questions
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 06:41:40 AM »
I like the snub-nose.  I personally always thought all that structure out forward of the A-arm connections was wasted weight.  The only thing I can see that it does is provide a bumper to protect the front suspension.  The new shock locations are about 2.5" different?  I wouldn't think that would make a huge difference but then that's just a gut feel.  Somebody with more experience would be able to judge better.

The 3 veiw on the top.....the pictures are obviously not all the same model?  Is the "windsheild" area pretty busy or restricted by tube work?  I can't decide from the pictures.  Iso view would be great ;D .  Did you put a "trunk" in on the top view with the tires?  I like the idea of the trunk (ice chest, beer chest  ;D) area!  Are these the standard width or track of a Barracuda.  They appear to be wider but it's hard to tell.

Other than that I like your ideas.  I also am starting to like the look of it from an asthetic viewpoint, let's face it a two seater will never look as aggresive, streamline and "fast" as a single seater even though it might be.  Just the nature of the beast.

More pictures please  ;D

Jet

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 09:24:58 AM »

Camel

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 09:34:28 AM »
Thanks Jet,

that's it, but with the long nose.  If you can imagine the snub nose with the hip rail sitting higher at the front.  I reckon it improves the line.  But a lot more needs to be done before the final design is agreed on.  And then as you're building it there'll be more tweaking....

Hey Jet, is it possible to alter perspective in Solidworks? 

Camel

trojan

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 11:07:50 PM »
Hey Camel,
How about a red diagonal from the lower windscreen bar through the hip rail down to the bottom of the rear roll hoop?
and another red from the bottom of the front hoop to the hip rail on the rear roll hoop?
Triangulate the rear red bars of the PIRCV to the front ones, maybe with a extra central X?
Perhaps a bolt-in yellow X for the engine bay too?

trojan

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 11:14:23 PM »
I've had another thought (same to you :P)

Have you considered having the hip rail only contain the passenger compartment and construct the nose out of the yellow, so it will absorb impacts and be safer for a "tree" moment... kids and all....

Camel

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »
fxxken hell Trojan!  I just staggered back from the Rainbow 1 bar, i can't make heads or tails of your post!

trojan

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 01:39:52 PM »
Rainbow? Dude, that was a bloke ;D

Camel

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 09:04:44 PM »
Dude,

Rainbow 1 and 4 are safe, the short-term contractors have nowhere to hide 'the package' (if they had 'em).

You'll be pleased to know I was a very good boy

trojan

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 01:01:28 AM »
Sorry, I thought you were after comments on your frame... my mistake :-*
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:54:07 PM by trojan »

Camel

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
Sorry Champ,  when I get a mo' I'll draw it up with the snub nose and higher hiprail.

trojan

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 12:07:36 PM »

Just my childish impatience and my self-amusing wit ;)

Jet

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 06:18:54 PM »
Yeh, when i find the solidworks file.

The stub nose is good. good name for it too haha, thats simular to what i'll be doing on my next one.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 05:39:19 AM »
Yeah I wanna make a two seater too now..  ::) I'll deafinately be putting a Busa in it!! ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:41:17 AM by Reidy02 »
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal