Author Topic: Sand Jacks - $100.00  (Read 6064 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Sand Jacks - $100.00
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »
Found this guy on Dumont Dunes.  We have exchnaged a few emails and it seems like a good deal.  I have ordered a Sand Jack. 

I had him send me some additional pictures, etc and a link from His Craig's List ad. 

See what you think.

DONT GO ANOTHER SEASON DRAGGING YOUR FLOOR JACK THROUGH THE SAND!
You have seen those super cool, ultra-expensive floor jacks in the magazines and the speed shows right?
You have seen your buddies pay $700 or more for a jack right?

SCREW DAT BRO!

Here is the low budget, super effective way to do the same thing. Not $700, Not $500, not even $300

ONLY ONE HUNDRED BUXS!

2 ton rated jack easily picks up all of your off road toys and even works as a TRAILER DOLLY!

This jack ROCKS for little coin.

Shippable, but you can always come by and check one out for yourself.
Email, or call, or message through CL.
Jim nitroblast(at)hotmail(dot)com or 858.FIVE69.SIX229

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/tls/2578519092.html

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:07:06 PM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: Sand Jacks - $100.00
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »
Neat idea for the most part.

My only concern is the tires. Those are the same tires I tried to use on the first swingarm on my bender stand to lift it to manuever it around and even with four of them mounted to the swingarm and the bender stand weighing under/about 500 pounds (It's got a lot on it...) they were squished down quite bad and YES the air pressure was right.

I tried two tires only at first and they were crushed almost to the rims. Even with four tires on the swingarm they were so overloaded it was wobbly.

Those tires are only meant for 300 pounds they claim PER PAIR. I know you are not gonna roll the jack around much loaded but I am curious how they will work.   

Those tires can be bought at Harbor Freight for 3.99 on sale if they are the same ones and they sure look like it. 5.99 to 6.99 not on sale.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
And even with the load issues I had I see these tires seem to be fine loaded in the pics with the buggies on them.

I wonder if theyare different (NOT Harbor Freight) tires that are better at load carrying?
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
I really like the concept but IMO the axles will be an issue  under a full size buggy sooner or later. For light sand cars tho.....................probably good. Price is good for sure.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:36:54 AM »
Fast ,post pics of yours!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

jwcarguy

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 09:51:17 AM »
I have seen this style out at the dunes before, they work good, but are meant for the smaller (and lighter) "beam" cars, they won't get a fullsize car up high enough, unless you get it at the lowest point of the rear trailing arm, one at a time.

We have used the larger aluminum floor jacks and lift the cars in the center of the rear (under rear engine / skid plate) and change both sides at once.

One of the guys in our camp uses this jack (http://www.sandiegorideconcepts.com/#!) and it works great, but it is alot more $$

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »
I have seen this style out at the dunes before, they work good, but are meant for the smaller (and lighter) "beam" cars, they won't get a fullsize car up high enough, unless you get it at the lowest point of the rear trailing arm, one at a time.

We have used the larger aluminum floor jacks and lift the cars in the center of the rear (under rear engine / skid plate) and change both sides at once.

One of the guys in our camp uses this jack (http://www.sandiegorideconcepts.com/#!) and it works great, but it is alot more $$

dunes look like those or visa versa
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »
Fast ,post pics of yours!

Here you can see that I have the full weight of the car's rear end on the jack.  These tires are from the yard store $8.00 each and 50 psi of air in each.  No squish. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal