Author Topic: Where has this forum been all my life?  (Read 3189 times)

mbruchala

Where has this forum been all my life?
« on: June 28, 2015, 12:15:28 PM »
   I came across this forum while looking through google image results of buggy builds, trying to see if there is anyone out there who still takes pride in their work. I have browsed through various forums over the years always watching build sections for someone who doesn't use Primitive Pete as a how to reference guide. I realized pretty quick that anyone who has the time to post 60 post times a day, arguing that black steel pipe is fine for a roll cage and provide evidence from is K5 Blazer build is probably not the person building the kind of things I want to see. So after looking through a few Project Logs and and Machinery Builds, and seeing a site with 84 new topics this year and a JOKES sections that hasn't been posted in months; for the first time I felt compelled to sign up and introduce myself.

I am 25 years old and live in Southeast Michigan. I work as a Mechanical Design Engineer at a Robotic Systems company. I have always loved building things, from when I was a little kid build Lego cars out of matching color bricks. In high school I competed in Welding and Machining Competitions through MITES and Skills USA. Third Place in the State at MITES, got me a job at a small Plastic Injection Mold Shop where I became the go to guy for building something, and went on to be the head Programmer/Operator for the Horizontal CNC department before leaving for my current job. I have worked on Catia, VISI, UG NX9.0, Solidworks and FIDES <-(but I'll deny it).

The reason I post all of that is because I have never actually built a buggy but I would like to. However, at the moment, having just bought a house my projects are a bit more "big Saturday planned Home Depot ; Bed Bath and Beyond if there is time". So I will try to post a few pictures of past and currents projects in hopes of gaining a little bit credibility, and I look forward to checking out this forum once in a while when I have time.

:wwp:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Where has this forum been all my life?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »
Welcome to this site!!!!!! We are mostly much like you. Some of us are a bit budget minded and others are small time ballers. Never the less ,we all seem to be pretty much constantly in search of bettering our skills. Sounds like you will fit right in. We are always looking for others opinions and suggestions. Please ,enjoy the site.  fabr
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 03:31:25 PM »
welcom MB

Sounds like you have the credentials to do just about anything you set your mind to.  Welcome to the insane madness.  Looks like you have a kitchen that some women would die for. Let us see your man cave.  Pictures pictures pictures. did I mention pictures.  rofl. I'll for sure watch your build when you start it.  Again welcome. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »
Serious baby maker shower.  Avoid that.  No money for toys that way. 

Welcome.

(Fixed it for ya yummi. No need to thank me........fabr ;D ;D)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 04:16:24 PM by fabr »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »
Ya better listen to Yummi. He's our site sage. He usually helps us keep our heads on straight.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 04:31:26 PM »
We are funny enough without the jokes section........

Closing on a fixer-upper next week. will add another 6 months or so to the already year long hiatus that the cross country move has caused.

I feel your pain.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 05:48:33 PM »
I forgot to mention,thank you very much for your kind comments about what our site appears to offer. We try our best,each and every one of us, to build to a higher standard. I think you will fit right in as you get to know us better.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 07:51:19 PM »
Welcome to the site! Very VERY nice work on your builds, really like your vision! Can't wait to see what you create with 4 wheels, internal combustion and a cage.

And I do believe this is the first time in  my adventures around the Sun that am able to tell others that I know a guy with a Fuchsia colored crapper...
Please tell me you saved that... I know many that would pay good money for it.... Only to say "I own a Fuchsia colored crapper.."
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 06:10:19 AM »
^^^^ Enemy that was first thing I noticed too!!  rofl

I think you'll find we all do weekend projects, most dont have anything to do with buggys.  Keeping the Mrs happy will allow for more buggy time.  If ya dont have a misses you will soon with a pad like that!!

Welcome aboard, we will try and work on jokes section.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal