Author Topic: TIG Fabricators-MUST READ!!!! Best welding tips site I have seen. Noob or not.  (Read 5940 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
This is a link to some excellent TIG welding tips. I love it.Just found it and HAD to pass along. Watch/read it all and even some of us that think we know it all ,uh who? me??  ;D can learn a few things. Ya ,there will be some disagreement ,but I think this guy has done a very good job. Don't forget to clicky on all the links embedded also.

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/tig-welding-tips.html
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:41:41 PM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline cleppla

• Fabricator
I have been watching Jodi's videos for years.  Love them!    I just wish I could afford one of those Stronghand tables he has.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
It's the best set of tips/instructions of what to do/not do,and vids I have sen yet. I'm betting 90% of us can learn at least something from this guy. WHen I was just a young guy ,I had an old aluminum welder from the 60's to the 80's take me under his wing and taught me stuff just like this guy is doing.Can't thank people like that enough. Gonna buy 3 of his fingers today! Gotta thank the man somehow! LOL!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline BDKW1

The TIG finger lol..... This was Mine from a couple of weeks back making My new radiator.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
LOL!! YA,I know,the tig finger is just a section of glass braided heat shield tube that can be bought from Grainger but ,for the value of many of the tips and crap I've read there ,I'll pay him to "make" them. Sometimes it is just right to support a good effort.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
I have been watching Jodi's videos for years.  Love them!    I just wish I could afford one of those Stronghand tables he has.

Same here, also bought a tig finger to show my support.

Cool,down to earth guy.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
His vids really point that out! Wish he was into buggy building..........................
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline vidio1

• Fabricator

Yep me too.......

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
Looks like you guys need one of those cool filler rod feeder things that  Glenn makes. Keep your pinky out of the hot zone.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Wrong hand D. The finger is for the torch hand. But ......now that you mention it ...........I see how it would be great for the feeder hand at times also! Fast/Glenn was telling me about that filler rod feeder he made a zillion of a couple years ago. Wonder why I never got one............................. ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Wrong hand D. The finger is for the torch hand. But ......now that you mention it ...........I see how it would be great for the feeder hand at times also! Fast/Glenn was telling me about that filler rod feeder he made a zillion of a couple years ago. Wonder why I never got one............................. ;D ;D

quote unquote Looks like you guys need one of those cool filler rod feeder things that  Glenn makes. Keep your pinky out of the hot zone.

Funny,  I was just talking to wife last night about starting production on them again.  Now with the internet and all.  I seen the finger thingy here and thought what the hell.  The wife promptly reminded me that I lost my ass selling them Zillion for less then manufacturing cost.  That product was not one to try and wholesale. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP

Not much of a tigger here, but i would allways burn my pinky because i would steddy my rod hand with it. Lol

Offline fabr

• Administrator
It really helps out a lot doesn't it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline MC

• Fabricator
You guys want to see some nice work check out the new Alumicraft cars. This kids as good at welding complete chassis together as anyone I've seen doing piece work on a bench.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Great vid's, I'll have to watch the rest on a rainy day at work.  :-X  Havn't done TIG yet, but a lot of the tips apply to most types of welding.  For me making sure its clean, clean, clean.  Being comfy as possible, and being able to see work;both before I strike off and while laying down the metal glue.  I got to get a better helmet, this POS is past due.  (Bought used for a $1)
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal