Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 21643 times)

Toufs

Re: Hello All
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 01:46:40 PM »
check out what lance said as he knows that rail far better than i but yes lol i do know the build. honestly i cannot say which rack he used on the rail as i never paid attention. i use the heavy duty endload racks on my front end kits. i was thinking lance and doug used a mod'd version of something else but sounds like lance might have used something diff.  you may still need a higher cfm fan but you won't know till you get it all back together. yes he did run it in the desert in 100* temps but no humidity there. well i assume, never been down there but it's plenty humid here and i have never been able to run the smaller radiators like others do or i run way to hot in a couple miles on dirt even. that's the only reason i suggested a larger radiator. it did work for lance and i assume the previous owner too but who knows if he left it outside and neglected it????
Well after all is said and done when its back together and its still overheating then I guess a more powerful fan and larger radiator would be the next step. Keep your fingers crossed guys.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 02:00:39 PM »
Unless the radiator has been replaced since lance built it ,it should be capable of cooling the engine. I would see what fan is on it and verify the cfm if you can. If it was replaced for some reason,it may have been replaced with a cheap copy of a good fan. The cfm difference between 2 apparently the same types can be huge.  I'm betting it is still airlocked or the fan is at fault or undersized now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:02:18 PM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Toufs

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »
Unless the radiator has been replaced since lance built it ,it should be capable of cooling the engine. I would see what fan is on it and verify the cfm if you can. If it was replaced for some reason,it may have been replaced with a cheap copy of a good fan. The cfm difference between 2 apparently the same types can be huge.  I'm betting it is still airlocked or the fan is at fault or undersized now.
Thanks for the advice dude I will give it a look and see whats up with that. Trying to take 1 step at a time so I don't confuse myself lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 03:40:48 PM »

this would make the most sense. infact i could see the Po swapping the fans out. sometimes they just die or sometimes blades just fly off several times  rofl rofl   ;D ;D ;) ;)
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
of course and this is just a thought....if you drive faster it will get more air  ;D ;) rofl      might have to change the posted speed limit signs after dark but it can be done lol

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »
this would make the most sense. infact i could see the Po swapping the fans out. sometimes they just die or sometimes blades just fly off several times  rofl rofl   ;D ;D ;) ;)
Ya,I think I went thru 10 before the problem was found to be a POS mount for the fan motors. A bit of epoxy and no more issues.Never broke another since.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
Is the water pump working?  You could test it when it's cold by filling it all the way up and watching the filler port to see the water circulate.  Just be very careful and DON'T do it when it's warm.  Radiator water is 200 degrees and will burn you.
It's a Honda accord radiator.  I'm pretty sure it was a 2 core when it left here.  They make a 3 core but they're bigger/thicker.  Spal fans are the best but they're very expensive.  I replaced a two core in the two seater with a 3 core and a Spal fan I can't make it overheat.  If I pushed it hard with the two core and the china fan it would get too warm.  The only down side is the 3 core is thicker and the Spal fan is bigger.  I don't know if it will fit in the single seater.

I don't think there's any significance to the first list vs. the second list from Speedway.  Just measure the ones you need.

Toufs

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 08:32:14 PM »
of course and this is just a thought....if you drive faster it will get more air  ;D ;) rofl      might have to change the posted speed limit signs after dark but it can be done lol
Lol speed limit? whats that lol? Yea we have speed limits but naa not really lol its the wild west out here bro lol. That's why I love my lill island so much, the freedom. The first thing is, we drive/ride anything on the street. Anything can be street legal. You can ride any trail, forest, beach no permit needed. Drive out your gate, down the street, and hit the trails. For boating there is no trailering laws of permits needed. you know the simple stuff like that.

Toufs

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 08:35:35 PM »
Ya,I think I went thru 10 before the problem was found to be a POS mount for the fan motors. A bit of epoxy and no more issues.Never broke another since.
Yea I  will put it on the to do list for sure. Tell me what is POS. Hope its not a stupid question lol.

Toufs

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 08:47:28 PM »
Is the water pump working?  You could test it when it's cold by filling it all the way up and watching the filler port to see the water circulate.  Just be very careful and DON'T do it when it's warm.  Radiator water is 200 degrees and will burn you.
It's a Honda accord radiator.  I'm pretty sure it was a 2 core when it left here.  They make a 3 core but they're bigger/thicker.  Spal fans are the best but they're very expensive.  I replaced a two core in the two seater with a 3 core and a Spal fan I can't make it overheat.  If I pushed it hard with the two core and the china fan it would get too warm.  The only down side is the 3 core is thicker and the Spal fan is bigger.  I don't know if it will fit in the single seater.

I don't think there's any significance to the first list vs. the second list from Speedway.  Just measure the ones you need.
The water pump is working we tested it just as you said and saw the flow was good in the radiator.
The radiator was said to be a Honda radiator by my mechanic so I guess he knows his stuff lol. And also, would both lists be just front? Or do both lists include front and back setup? Just to know if this would be everything (rod ends) on the buggy.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2017, 09:08:52 PM »
Yea I  will put it on the to do list for sure. Tell me what is POS. Hope its not a stupid question lol.
You shouldn't have any fan blade breaking off the hub issues. It was apparently specific to the Flexalite Scirroco style fan/shroud . It was a huge issue for me the first 5 or more trips out.  POS stands for Piece Of Shit.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »
Lol speed limit? whats that lol? Yea we have speed limits but naa not really lol its the wild west out here bro lol. That's why I love my lill island so much, the freedom. The first thing is, we drive/ride anything on the street. Anything can be street legal. You can ride any trail, forest, beach no permit needed. Drive out your gate, down the street, and hit the trails. For boating there is no trailering laws of permits needed. you know the simple stuff like that.
You are a very lucky man!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2017, 09:51:54 AM »

yep but $hit still happens was my point and glad you got it figured out!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »

other than hurricanes that sounds like a dream place to live!!!!!!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
btw....with paddles.....that rail would be a blast on an open beach!!!!!!!!!! wot as high a gear as it will hold!!!!!!! and no law to chase you, a dream for most of us!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal