Author Topic: LS second try  (Read 11654 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: LS second try
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 08:01:23 AM »
btw boys......i never thought i would say this but i cannot imagine my rail w/o power steering ever again! damn what a diff that makes and the radio's are a must imo after having one.       funny how many times enemy stuck his hand up and signaled up shift with his middle finger both in line of sight and on the radios after telling him repeatedly how much i like it   LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:17:48 AM by dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 08:20:15 AM »
Great you guys had a successful trip! Wish I was there but just wasn't in the cards this time. We can ALL get together this spring tho!!!!!  DS in long johns-if Carl was there he might even have had on long pants and shoes!  LMAO
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:27:10 AM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 08:34:05 AM »
ya the one pair of jeans he owns  LMAO  hell i fired the furnace in the th'er so i could stand by the exh vent on the outside to stay warm lol propane stinks coming out of the exh vent btw! when you hold your jacket over it to get it to blow up your coat
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:35:44 AM by dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »
doug went for a night ride out the gate with me. recorded it on his phone and posted on facebook. here's a link.....i need to put together a speaker with a jake brake sound so as i'm pulling into camp then on decel set that off lol

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 08:58:10 PM »
Holy shit that Tom Pro rips!
No Jeffco back there lol I think I'm going to stop at 15psi on this setup to keep it together (hopefully!)
Damn good trip and awesome to drive the car again, some setup quirks to iron out but fueling nicely up to and on the gate @ 6-7psi, now to work on the "turn key" stuff. I notice no loss of low end with the 9.5.1  compression and take off is just as good as it used to be with the counterbalance removed, I think it is going to run pretty good cranked up a little more.
Brian's is going to be a rocket tank wheelie machine when it is cranked up, 14 psi so far and grunts nicely on the low end..He ALMOST needed a new wing!! I envision a bat-shit crazy car @ 30psi.. holy shit..
 Lots of turn-key stuff to iron out on it as well, cold start corn fuel can be a real pain in the ass!
Great time as always and awesome to chase after Fast as usual! I do have to give him the "pout award" when a Brute jumped in front of his lasso attempts to tow brians car. Brain threatened me if I didn't hook up before him... Sorry Fast,    ..something about NEVER signing your tow rope?..?..

Missed all ya all that couldn't make this one! Hope for one for the record books this spring!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »
btw boys......i never thought i would say this but i cannot imagine my rail w/o power steering ever again! damn what a diff that makes and the radio's are a must imo after having one.       funny how many times enemy stuck his hand up and signaled up shift with his middle finger both in line of sight and on the radios after telling him repeatedly how much i like it   LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Radios make everything that much more fun and safe.. Shit talking is nice too..

And DS...

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 05:35:47 AM »
Holy shit that Tom Pro rips!
No Jeffco back there lol I think I'm going to stop at 15psi on this setup to keep it together (hopefully!)
Damn good trip and awesome to drive the car again, some setup quirks to iron out but fueling nicely up to and on the gate @ 6-7psi, now to work on the "turn key" stuff. I notice no loss of low end with the 9.5.1  compression and take off is just as good as it used to be with the counterbalance removed, I think it is going to run pretty good cranked up a little more.
Brian's is going to be a rocket tank wheelie machine when it is cranked up, 14 psi so far and grunts nicely on the low end..He ALMOST needed a new wing!! I envision a bat-shit crazy car @ 30psi.. holy shit..
 Lots of turn-key stuff to iron out on it as well, cold start corn fuel can be a real pain in the ass!
Great time as always and awesome to chase after Fast as usual! I do have to give him the "pout award" when a Brute jumped in front of his lasso attempts to tow brians car. Brain threatened me if I didn't hook up before him... Sorry Fast,    ..something about NEVER signing your tow rope?..?..

Missed all ya all that couldn't make this one! Hope for one for the record books this spring!

Ya I know how you guys are.  But you all didn't have to take my to rope away and hide it kick Anyone have and extra red tow rope with a few signatures on it I need it back please.  Top of my car looks kind of bare with out that yellow bag that holds my lost tow rope.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 05:48:24 AM »
Sounds like another good trip!  Glad the sand played nice. Wish it woulda worked out for us but hey we got the sand fix too!!  :nw

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 06:18:25 AM »
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:20:22 PM by Yummi »

Offline big dave

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 07:33:10 AM »
looks like you guys had a great time. looking at the pic's.  I thought was there. the blue car looks a lot like mine. I was going to come done but could not talk myself into the cold weather ride.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 09:42:05 AM »
Ya I know how you guys are.  But you all didn't have to take my to rope away and hide it kick Anyone have and extra red tow rope with a few signatures on it I need it back please.  Top of my car looks kind of bare with out that yellow bag that holds my lost tow rope.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

we didn't ....doug " borrowed " it to go pull jack out. i guess he didn't hear me as i said i'll grab mine.    i would gladly ask you to pull me off the sand if i was broke down and would sign the rope.......i draw the line at signing the rope because my motor flooded and i had to be pull started!!  ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) LMAO LMAO   had to pull start it every morning in fact and the brute did just fine.  will have to figure that one out. once it started it was fine the rest of the day as long as you didn't let it get cold. i burned 18 gals in 3 days down there.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:30 AM »
looks like you guys had a great time. looking at the pic's.  I thought was there. the blue car looks a lot like mine. I was going to come done but could not talk myself into the cold weather ride. 

two days of great rides!! the blue rail is allens...3.8 v6

thanks fast for coming down to lead the group as you are the master at that! it's a shame that kid got scared and puked in your rail twice

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »
OK, on videos, looks like we need to use the share link generated via you tube.  Down at share video section.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »
are you sure? cause it looks like it finally embedded itself

just kidding.....i have never noticed that option before...interesting

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »
when you watch the video...-pay attention to the gear position display on enemy's dash. he shifts 6th gear and said he was at 6 psi boost and 25% throttle roughly. we were going faster than i thought.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal