Author Topic: got the red rail home.  (Read 32244 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: got the red rail home.
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2024, 09:51:57 AM »
Didn't want to work on Scott's anymore but, since I'll be running the red rail for this next trip, it needs a bit more work. First on the list is re seal the left trans cv cup. It was leaking gear lube into the cv on the last trip. Brakes, they kept fading on the last trip and the rears suck by design. Thought I had a bad master cyl on The front but after some checking, it looks like the front wheel bearings are too loose. I repacked the old bearings and thought I had them re assembled correctly. I was rocking the wheel and there is more move.ent then should be. I will have to shim if I cannot move one cotter pin hole.

Rear end, ordered new springs as it is bad. Many saw how bad it pogo sticker on the dunes. It was set up for a lot more weight then I'm putting to it so thats one factor.  Comp rate is 60 and rebound is 90. Going to slow rebound to 2-1 , if I have the shims and I ordered 225/325lbs springs. It is coil assist air shock so I would rather go light and add psi. It currently has 325/400 lb springs. Setting ride height with only .5" of pre load now. I know I can go as much as 2" of pre load. The cross over collar is set just about as high as it can go to avoid coil bind now.  That is a massive drop in spring rate and coils aren't cheap.  Ill bring the old 325 upper with me and if nessacary ill swap the 225 out. Don't have room or time to calculate it out the right way at this time. The pogo sticking is dangerous imo as it makes it very un predictable.

Would also like to install the other seats but thats low on the do to list.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: got the red rail home.
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2024, 09:15:19 AM »
I hope I got the cv flanges sealed. The gear lube washed 90% of the grease out of that cv. New springs should be here today. Made mounts for the used seats i got from brian n. Children wanted seat sliders so they bought one. I don't like sliders but on them.  Will  probably be fine

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal