Author Topic: fox's for VooDoo  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
fox's for VooDoo
« on: November 10, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »
so should i buy some fox 2.0's for my rear of my buggy?  yes? no?    will these work out good? pros cons, would i like coil overs better? 

since im pretty limited on my rear, due to not much ground clearance, i need something to hold it up good with two people in it, and also not bottom out on the small jumps i do go over....  please help!!!
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: fox's for VooDoo
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »
Fox airshox
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:36:57 AM »
damn good reasoning there fabber..lol   

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:57:43 AM by Voodoochikin04 »
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:38:10 AM »
I would go with fox shock coil overs. I have them on my atv and I love them. Depends on your riding if you do alot of trail riding or just the dunes.

rpierce

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:08:16 PM »
so should i buy some fox 2.0's for my rear of my buggy?  yes? no?    will these work out good? pros cons, would i like coil overs better? 

since im pretty limited on my rear, due to not much ground clearance, i need something to hold it up good with two people in it, and also not bottom out on the small jumps i do go over....  please help!!!

I was wondering the same thing. Fox 2.0 air shocks with 12inch travel? Seems alot of mini buggy riders use a coilover. What's the difference? If the air shock will support the weight then does it really matter?

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 12:29:57 PM »
Airs on your lighter rail would be sweet.  Also remember the prices for the Fox coilover air do not include the springs.  So usually will be a little more $$$ and you gotta hope you the spring rate correct or youll soon have a shelf full of almost right springs.   LMAO  Stay off fleabay, cause I'm bidding on some now. ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

rpierce

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »
Are the coils necessary on a rail under 800 lbs? (piranha) Can't you just use the shock body itself?
Maybe a stupid question. Sorry about the hijacking..

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 05:35:39 PM »
I would say yes, air s only.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 05:39:23 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. Fox 2.0 air shocks with 12inch travel? Seems alot of mini buggy riders use a coilover. What's the difference? If the air shock will support the weight then does it really matter?

I've seen this statement alot!  rpierce  nothing personal but that statement is like saying if everyone jumped off a bridge would you! or atleast that's how I read it. 2.0 airs were designed for light weight applications not light duty light weight so those that pre-fer to use coil over's just simply pre-fer, don't know ( which I believe to be more true ) or are just jumping off the bridge with everyone else cause they are too lazy to do any research!  hell 2.5 air shocks were built as a cheaper and lighter alternative to coil overs for rear engine v-6 rails according to fox! I have coil assist 2.0 airs and wish I had spoke with fox before I bought them or I would have 2.5 airs in the rear. I can't stand the coil hum and I can feel the transfer from primary to secondary but never could with the air shocks they felt softer to me in the woops. now high jumpers probably want 2.0 coil assist no 10' is not high jumping that's just good clean fun.
carl I hope they are 50% of new!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
They're at half of new and that was my limit.  They are new, ordered wrong size. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
They're at half of new and that was my limit.  They are new, ordered wrong size.

wrong size? what are you looking for?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

odypilots

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »
My 2 cents on Fox Airs on the rear of my ATVR long travel Pilot is that I can't get the amount of sag that most say is ideal for off road shocks, without them being too soft for fast running. I've done quite a bit of adjusting to mine. Nitrogen pressure, oil level, and damping shims. It may be related to the rear geometry  of my buggy that uses near 1:1 motion ratio for the shock. I  can only run 1 1/2 of sag with 12 inches of travel. The only real side effect is a loss of low speed comfort.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:28:59 PM by Odypilots »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 10:35:54 PM »
My 2 cents on Fox Airs on the rear of my ATVR long travel Pilot is that I can't get the amount of sag that most say is ideal for off road shocks, without them being too soft for fast running. I've done quite a bit of adjusting to mine. Nitrogen pressure, oil level, and damping shims. It may be related to the rear geometry  of my buggy that uses near 1:1 motion ratio for the shock. I  can only run 1 1/2 of sag with 12 inches of travel. The only real side effect is a loss of low speed comfort.

how heavy is your pilot? has anyone every said anything about fluttering the stack?  some say it helps and others say they saw no change but I believe transman has been trying it to get that inbetween spot and I think it's working for him. fluttering the stack basically is supposed to soften the ride and quickly stiffen it on a harsh hit to the shock so I think takes the smooth transition out and more like primary to secondary coil rates but I have never played with this personally so I can't add much. transman would have to add what he has experienced and what he was told.

odypilots

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 10:48:33 PM »
Is fluttering the stack placing small diameter washers between the original stack of shims?

750 lbs
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:54:56 PM by Odypilots »

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 05:36:42 AM »
wrong size? what are you looking for?

The guy selling ordered wrong size.  I know how to use a tape measure and if that fails a cutoff wheel and welder.  kick kick rofl rofl

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal