Author Topic: My R82S and a Fab Table with a project  (Read 2101 times)

Gene

My R82S and a Fab Table with a project
« on: January 22, 2009, 10:05:49 PM »
Last year I bought a completed Rorty R82S from my pal Tripp and this year I bought a fab table with a single seater project from him. I have another car too and I continue working on FNR issues as some of you already know.

Anyway, the R82 is currently powered by a CBR1000 and has an RPM FNR. I've had it out once and it is a blast to drive. Before going out again I must remove the two aluminum fuel tanks and work on them to stop them from leaking from fittings on top of the tanks. Having gasoline stream over hot headers had me puckered pretty well.

A recently acquired '07 'busa is planned as the powerplant upgrade. The Honda is ok and maybe with a gearing change it would perform better. What I have in mind is to power up the R82S and then complete the single seater with the CBR.

Videos of the R82 are on Youtube under TooSlowGene and also trippcsi.

The single seater on the fab table is interesting. It's a mix of Rorty, Cheetah and ST2 design ideas. Once the shop is finished I look forward to working on that along with the first car. While tinkering with those the R82 should be available for trips to the sand with my pals out here in the NW.

SPEC

Re: My R82S and a Fab Table with a project
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:41:57 AM »
Nice ride Gene
I'm glad to see you got something to tool around in ;D
How about some more pix?

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »
Hey Gene!  That build table looks like a good base to build from.  How are you planning on finishing the single seater?  Are you going to add some Gene influence into the design?  Do you still have your other car that you rebuilt?

What year is the 1000?  Is it FI?  I am going to be interested to see how much difference you see between it and the Busa.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 01:09:48 AM »
Man that's a good look'n setup you got happening there! Got any more close ups of your table, cause I was thinking of doing something similar but with old acro props so I can adjust the top so it's nice and level, and doesn't really matter what the bottoms doing in terms of level! Sort of thing!
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal