Author Topic: RCV Performance  (Read 18409 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: RCV Performance
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2011, 06:48:18 PM »
Enlarge the pic below. The redline is where the weld bead centerline SHOULD have been. I agree that a good weld will be nothing like the one in the pic even tho it "sure is purdy!".

I see why it broke and they can't deny that! but what I'm referring to is in this pic there is a mig weld then a step down to the tig weld but on the busted axle there is a tig weld then straight to the axle, I don't see the step down or mig weld. what am I missing or did a chunk fly off?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 06:52:05 PM by Dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
Look at one of the earlier pics of the entire axle. it should be fairly apparent then.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:50:15 PM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »
Holly crap faber. I couldn't believe how clean they broke off till I looked closer to the weld. Epoxy may have been stronger!
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2011, 08:20:05 AM »
ok, I was just seeing the 2 different ends. I thought maybe they made you 2 different axles for some reason. I hope they warranty them ASAP! given there past practice's, well you know damn well about that one!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »
If I hear anything other than "we guarantee" your replacements will be there in 10 days or less I'm talking directly with the owner Monday morning. Surprise,surprise,that's what it took last time.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2011, 08:36:23 AM »
Holly crap faber. I couldn't believe how clean they broke off till I looked closer to the weld. Epoxy may have been stronger!
rofl I was thinking spit might have been better.  ;D ;D All I can really say is that their "welder" needs to learn that steady hands and picture perfect welds do not necessarily make sound welded connections. Fooking moron/s.  I did state that it appeared it was a fusion only weld at first glance. NO! It IS a filler added weld. A weld of approx 1/3 penetration depth,does anyone believe the welder did not realize that at the time? I'm betting that it was SPECIFIED that the weld be done that way.  I mean "everyone knows a MC car doesn't have any HP" so why worry about strong? Just make it pretty.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:43:35 AM by masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2011, 12:28:57 PM »
About 9:00 this morning I get an e mail and a call from RCV. A Fed-Ex call tag was issued and they are waiting for pickup,next day delivery to RCV. Kraig @RCV has assured me that I will have the axles back this week with the 4 pretty as hell crap TIG welds cut out and properly welded. He admitted they were having issues at the time I bought these axles and says that things are different now. Time will tell but if these axles are not back in my grubby little hands no later than Monday I will again, as last time,be contacting the owner directly. Don't have time to screw around with this. LS is coming! I will say though that I feel they are sincere about getting them back to me ASAP. Now to see...................
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:32:19 PM by masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
Sounds promising  eyes eyes hopfully they  got their act together. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »
About 9:00 this morning I get an e mail and a call from RCV. A Fed-Ex call tag was issued and they are waiting for pickup,next day delivery to RCV. Kraig @RCV has assured me that I will have the axles back this week with the 4 pretty as hell crap TIG welds cut out and properly welded. He admitted they were having issues at the time I bought these axles and says that things are different now. Time will tell but if these axles are not back in my grubby little hands no later than Monday I will again, as last time,be contacting the owner directly. Don't have time to screw around with this. LS is coming! I will say though that I feel they are sincere about getting them back to me ASAP. Now to see...................

that's an understatment!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »
Thanks to the stupid ass FedEx online shipping BS the axles were not picked up till this morning. Anyone want a frustrating experience? Try out the NEW and IMPROVED  FedEx BS.  Really should be called FedUp. The dumbasses couldn't even tell me if the thing was really scheduled for pick up OR who was to pay the shipping costs.  eyes eyes eyes eyes eyes eyes Can't ANYONE make it simple ?????? Seems like everything has to be a cluster fook  anymore.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »
Well,happy to report that the axles held up to this weeks abuse. I gotta admit I'm not happy with the appearance of 1 of the repaired welds but it gave no sign of any issues. To RCV's credit they have gone the extra step in the timely repair and concern with follow up contact. I will stii get the x-rays done when our refinery has them back out so it doesn't cost me.  ;D ;D Anyway,Kraig/RCV,thanks!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal