Author Topic: Weddle 091  (Read 9912 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Weddle 091
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
Everything in this weddle unit is new. Everything. All race Weddle stuff stuffed in it. Worth it?

http://www.weddleindustries.com/transaxles/volkswagen/Ultimate-091-Bus-Trans.php
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Punkur67

Re: Weddle 091
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »
I have the same trans in my car. It was built by a local shop, but has the aluminium weddle case and all weddle guts just like the package. It has a beefy aluminium mount that is part of the intermediate housing that also uses the larger mainshaft bearing from the MD4-2D mendeola trans.  I got mine from transworks in San diego but have been going to Mcdowell for my service. Transworks will sell just the intermediate housing too.

I heard that dons bus boxes are kick ass too.  LMAO  Sorry, had to strike on that one.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »
I NEED a new aluminum housing also tho to fix this POS Donsbusbox. I have an alum intermediate already.  You know where to find an aluminum main case?  I'm thinking of buying a new Weddle unit as a spare tho also. 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 12:24:25 PM »
Your box also has the 300 M input?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 01:12:19 PM »
Can't remember the input shaft material. Had the trans shop order my case for me. Not shure where they got it from though. Since the new case I have only cracked an output gear, but I beat the hell out of it. I had a stock case with all weddle guts and broke a few teeth off the pinion. They said it was prob due to a worn out case causing deflection. No real issues with the new case.

trans man

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »
It also uses the larger mainshaft bearing from the MD4-2D mendeola trans.
The mainshaft bearing in the gear carrier housing IS NOT bigger. The MD4-2D uses the exact same bearings in that housing as the 091 does. The MD4-2D also uses the exact same 1st - 4th gear stack as the 091 too. 8) 8) 8)

trans man

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »
You know where to find an aluminum main case?
The aluminum main case is 30% stronger than the OEM magnesium. I can get you one. ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:13:03 PM by trans man »

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 01:40:02 PM »
Just quoting transworks' website. Not to say I'm correct. To be honest I was more sold on the solid mounting of the trans than the bearing. I stand corrected though

The mainshaft bearing in the gear carrier housing IS NOT bigger. The MD4-2D uses the exact same bearings in that housing as the 091 does. The MD4-2D also uses the exact same 1st - 4th gear stack as the 091 too. 8) 8) 8)

trans man

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
To be honest I was more sold on the solid mounting of the trans than the bearing.
The weddle racing alum. gear carrier housing the twice as strong as the OEM gear carrier housing. I won't build a HIGH PERFORMANCE 091 without it. 8) 8) 8)

trans man

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 01:46:51 PM »
Here are pics of the used OEM VS the new Weddle Racing gear carrier housings. There is a BIG difference. Notice were is no sludge or carbon build up on that used OEM gear carrier housing.  ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:20:22 PM by trans man »

trans man

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »
Everything in this weddle unit is new. Everything. All race Weddle stuff stuffed in it. Worth it?
Yes, but is NEEDS the racing gear carrier housing. Everything else is on the money. 8) 8) 8)

trans man

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 02:10:05 PM »
Your box also has the 300 M input?
The Weddle racing 300 M input shaft will reduce the shock load to the gear stack in the transaxle. 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:18:58 PM by trans man »

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 02:20:17 PM »

Quoted from transworks
091 SAND/RACE PACKAGE                                          $4795.00 OUTRIGHT
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE FINEST VW BASED HIGH PERFORMANCE TRANSAXLE THAT IS CURRENTLY POSSIBLE TO BUILD WITH "OFF THE SHELF" PARTS.. IT DOES NOT REQUIRE A CORE EXCHANGE, AS THERE ARE VERY FEW VW PARTS USED. A CORE MAY BE TRADED IN IF YOU WISH, THE VALUE OF WHICH WILL BE DETERMINED AFTER DISSASSEMBLY AND INSPECTION. INCLUDES SUPER-DIFF ASSEMBLY WITH NEW WEDDLE RACE GRADE SPIDER GEARS, BILLET CHROMOLY SUPER-DIFF COVER, BILLET CHROMOLY 930 CV FLANGES, WEDDLE RACE GRADE 4.57 RING & PINION SET, ALL 4 WEDDLE RACE GRADE GEARS IN MANY RATIO CHOICES, NEW ALUMINUM NOSE CONE, NEW AFTERMARKET HD CLUTCH CROSSHAFT & ARM, STEEL SHIFT BALL, VENT FILTER, TRANSWORKS BILLET STEEL MAINSHAFT BEARING RETAINER/SHUTTLE LINKAGE BRACKET, AND NEW TRANSWORKS ALUMINUM INTERMEDIATE HOUSING WITH LARGER MAINSHAFT BEARING FROM THE MD4-2D MENDEOLA. THIS NEW HOUSING INCORPORATES PRE-DRILLED HARD POINTS FOR MOUNTING, DOING AWAY WITH THE NEED FOR MOUNT BRACKETS OR NOSE CONE MOUNTING.
ALL OF THIS GOES INTO A NEW, FACTORY VW ALUMINUM MAINCASE. THIS IS AN INPORTANT UPGRADE BECAUSE WHILE THE STOCK MAGNESIUM CASE IS LIGHT AND HAS A HIGH STRENGTH TO WEIGHT RATIO, ALUMINIUM STILL HAS A HIGHER TENSILE STRENGTH. IT IS ALSO PREFERABLE TO USE A NEW CASE THAT HAS NOT BEEN HEATED AND COOLED THOUSANDS OF TIMES OVER SEVERAL DECADES, CAUSING LOSS OF TEMPER AND METAL FATIGUE.

trans man

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 02:22:38 PM »
There trying to blowing SMOKE up some one butt. rofl rofl rofl

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 02:23:17 PM »
Here are pics of the used OEM VS the new Weddle Racing gear carrier housings. There is a BIG difference. Notice were is no sludge or carbon build up on that used OEM gear carrier housing.  ;) ;) ;)

I think transworks started making the intermediate housings and weddle started buying them from them with their name cut in it. Not a big fan of transworks anymore due to a few bad transactions.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal