Author Topic: fall dts group run  (Read 30065 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: fall dts group run
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »
fast who did you piss off up in the clouds!!!!! damn man!!!!! well work through it and grab you knew rail, stuff the canadian into the mantis and start the trip home before you break the new to you yellow rail!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2014, 08:29:04 AM »
And the saga continues.  Truck would not run well Friday morning blowing blue smoke and idling rough. Went to get fuel and as it warmed up it acted ok but took it to a shop anyway.  They are removing the injectors and sending them out to check. Had to over night them back to Wichita for the check. Some place in Utah could not get to them until Thursday. Only a few places in the US that check electronic 6.7 Cummins injectors. So we are stuck here at the dunes at least until next Wednesday. Hopping that it will be and injector but it could be a burned piston again.  Only good thing is the new car is running great. Sorry guys looking like we will not make LS.  My slot at the end is paid for if anyone wants it.   Ran with the big v8 cars yesterday on a very fast run. They could not run away from the subi cars. One of them with a gps speedo said he seen 80 MPH going across one of the dunes.  The new HRT runs the best in fourth gear.  Very little third and never any second. We ran all day yesterday and I only put in six gallons of fuel. Running in fourth sure helps on gas mileage.  Going to set the toe in on it this morning I think it is a bit much at one point five inches.  The car has a tendency to wallow. Shocks are a little light for my big ass so will need to revalve them when I get time. The new owner of the Mantis is loving it.  After the fast run he had a grin a mile wide.  The Mantis is running like a mofo it will pull away from the HRT if I don't keep on the throttle.  I taught the Canadian right, he can really drive it good. He missed second twice yesterday but recovered quick enough to keep up. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:35:30 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »
damn!! well never like to hear about truck problems , specially that far from home!! i hope it is only an inj and not another piston problem, how hot were the egt's getting on the way up? glad to hear the rail runs good and sorry to hear you won't make it but there's always next time.  i already knew the new mantis owner would have perma grinn considering what he was stepping up into!! lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »
Dammit FAST! I may not make LS either. Your shitty luck seems to be spreading. Went to load buggy and guess what-buggy refuses to fire.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2014, 04:59:23 PM »
Well mine runs just found a real bad driver wheel bearing earlier. Should be here soon. Wife says she not going if car don't run up street 1st. Lol. Well I sorta feel sorry for new neighbors later, also need to check all the LEDs.

Fast, if I have truck probs the sand w a car running like it stole something sounds right. Hope u can make it!!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2014, 06:18:05 AM »
I'm all back together and loaded, just one more day of work.  After a test drive wife gave a thumbs-up.  Should be there about 2 on wed.

Got a text/pic Sandracer may be down a car, possible tranny?  But sand was nice.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2014, 08:54:07 AM »
Got the trailer home and half loaded (myself). Now to start actually loading up. HOPING new radiator will be here today but not looking good, so hopefully the weather temps will be a bit cooler this run and I will be ok. New 20t sprocket up front and finally using the hub on the Jeffco with a 35t rear. Gained a few links in the chain and got my gearing where I like it for the dunes. Have to plumb the breather tank for the rev box, tidy up a couple little things and hope to roll out Wed morn. Looking to be there mid afternoon..
Safe travels all!

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 07:32:46 AM »
Sorry guys looking like we will not make LS.  My slot at the end is paid for if anyone wants it.  

Just talked to Blue moon John, he would like to take your spot and camp by all of us if thats OK and nobodt claimed it yet? The only one he could find was at Buttercup.
Sucks you wont make it down Fast! Looking forward to seeing your new ride next Spring!!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2014, 08:20:12 AM »
Blue Moon is in?  Hot damn.  Glenns gonna miss best ice cream ever, fresh Ga peach!  Guess Blue moon can have his bowl too.   rofl

I'm outta here at high noon, see ya tomm about 2ish......................... ;D ;D ;D

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
Blue Moon is in?  Hot damn.  Glenns gonna miss best ice cream ever, fresh Ga peach!  Guess Blue moon can have his bowl too.   rofl

I'm outta here at high noon, see ya tomm about 2ish......................... ;D ;D ;D

UNFAIR UNFAIR UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 kick kick kick kick nono You gotta mail me a bowl use lots of dry ice sucker.  Or face the biggest roost you ever seen come spring.   rofl

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2014, 07:52:16 PM »
Don't let ole fast fool you. What a nice place to have pickup failure. He's telling the shop take your time.
He also had Ice Cream tonight too.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2014, 10:12:15 PM »
Don't let ole fast fool you. What a nice place to have pickup failure. He's telling the shop take your time.
He also had Ice Cream tonight too.

Ya had steak too.  So what, Carl still owes me a bowl of Georgia peach. 

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2014, 12:59:39 PM »
i my eyes NO steak or ice cream is worth being stranded so far from home when friend are waiting for you nono :(

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »
when truck is broke after all you have done to it ,things s--ks  :police:

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
when truck is broke after all you have done to it ,things s--ks  :police:

Your right Deano.

After what I have invested in the truck this should not be happening.  But it is and that's life.  Truck is back and runs just fine without the trailer.  Tomorrow morning will tell whats up.  New car is loaded in the trailer. and we are ready to rock and roll in the early AM.  Not to bad a deal getting the new car in.  It took a couple of shots but was able to winch it up and into the trailer backwards.  I will know soon as I hit the freeway if the truck will pull without the HI egt's. Heres hopping.  Really have missed you guys this year.  Next spring well due double icecream.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal