Author Topic: St. Anthony, Idaho  (Read 9106 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: St. Anthony, Idaho
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 07:02:58 AM »
Thanks it has been fun building and nope just letting the fork lift do all the lifting makes things a lot easier to work on. Yummi do you live out west I have a buddy that is out in Yuma or somewhere out there he goes to Glamis from Nov. thru March every year and hang out with Clark the wood guy from LS. He wants me to come out there and play and I keep telling him I a working man and he's not, if you are out there you should look them up there is a bunch of them that ride almost every day. He keeps me up to date by phone two or three time a week to tell me how much fun they are having.

sanddragon

I'm out here in Yuma now with Clark the wood guy.  Infact he has been helping me put in a new Outfront motor for the last two day"s. I blowed up my car first day out to glamis.  John from Outfront was coming this way to Glamis and he brought me a new short block and a new set of heads.  Clark myself along with Dan (Sandvw)  and Jerry Cass have all been busting B's to get the old one out and the new one in.  All of them are hitting mother G today while I finish up getting mine all back together.   I should be able to make a run tomorrow if all go's good today.  I left a fitting in one of my old heads that  I gave to John at Outfront for my core's and all the guy's are going to run up sand hyway today for me and pick it up.  getting ready to hit the drive today.  we got the old motor out and the new one put together yesterday and put in the buggy.  I will finish putting on the intercooler hooking up all the water lines and wiring today.  Here is a picture of me and Jerry putting on the new heads. later.  By the way.  Your car look's great.  I like the Yoshi look to.  We mite meet up at SA this year to ride. Later.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 07:47:21 AM »
And I was afraid to go with you guys because I didn't want to hold anyone up! LOL!!! REALLY sorry to hear about the engine. You making a trip to "discuss" it with the seller?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SandDragon

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 07:59:52 AM »
Shoot fast you already know Ron he just told me your the one that sent him and Clark last year on a wild goose chase for a V6. He is getting ready to go for a ride and couldn't talk people were waiting. You all have fun wish I could be there good luck with your new motor. If you get a chance tell me how Ron buggy really runs I think he might be pulling my leg a little.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 09:12:06 PM »
Shoot fast you already know Ron he just told me your the one that sent him and Clark last year on a wild goose chase for a V6. He is getting ready to go for a ride and couldn't talk people were waiting. You all have fun wish I could be there good luck with your new motor. If you get a chance tell me how Ron buggy really runs I think he might be pulling my leg a little.

Ron's car runs hard.  he put about a yard of sand in my seat just before I blew up.  I got mine all back together today and we are going out in the morning.  I blew a Crawford motor up in about ten hour's of running.  I'll see how long this Outfront motor will last. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SandDragon

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 05:36:34 AM »
Well I'm glad to hear you got your buggy running again, tell Ron I said hello, be safe and have a good time wish I was there.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 06:18:21 AM »
Well I'm glad to hear you got your buggy running again, tell Ron I said hello, be safe and have a good time wish I was there.

I'll tell Ron hi for ya.  His car dose run good.  I sure like the way them LS motor's have that gutty bottom end. All these guy's running them never have to shift out of third gear.  Most of the time just leave them in fourth and hammer.  Ron hammered down to third from fourth going over a witch's eye and I was a little close on his tail. Was nothing I could do but watch that huge wall of wet sand coming my way.  It hit me so hard that it knocked my goggles and head set off. Put a good yard of sand in my seats.  Had a real good run going that day.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 06:35:45 AM »
10 hrs Fast, quit babying that thing.  Any ideas what cause it to give out?  Thats great you had a way to get it backup so quick.  I think duners help each other out more than bikers.  Be safe, have fun!!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 07:29:44 AM »
10 hrs Fast, quit babying that thing.  Any ideas what cause it to give out?  Thats great you had a way to get it backup so quick.  I think duners help each other out more than bikers.  Be safe, have fun!!

The Crawford motor from the very first time I fired it off had a funny rapping noise in it.  Would quite down when it warmed up some.   Kind of like a worn piston wrist pin or lose piston.  Thought at one time like it mite be a cracked piston skirt.  When I got it tore down I found a shit load of bearing material in the pan.  But the trash in the pan almost look like it had been left behind form some previous damage.  When it let lose and really started raping I was on a pretty good clime up a steep hill.  Running about 7000 in first gear. I can't believe that it is a bearing because the engine still was holding 70 PSI of oil pressure. No oil in the exhaust pipe.  Top of pistons were nice and clean and had just the right color to them no sign of detonation or burning of any kind.  I took the heads off because I was going to just buy a short block from Outfront but then they made me a good deal on a pair of heads also.   I kept the bottom end so when I get back home I can tear it down and see what has been going on with it.  The guy's at Outfront are supper guys.  The thing that cinched the deal was the parts guy said that John the owner of Outfrount was getting ready to come to Glamis and he would bring it all down if I wanted no charge for shipping. That was cool.  All the guy's I'm with here pitched in and we had my old one out and tore down in about five hour's. Drove up to Glamis the next morning and picked up all the new stuff from John.  Got the head torque sequence and spec's from John and hit the road back to Yuma.  Had it sitting in the car by eight oclock that night.  Next day all the guy's hit the dunes and went up sand hyway and retrieved some parts from John that I had left in my old heads.  While they were doing that I put all the goddies back on the motor and got it ready to start.  had it purring like a kitty last night about five.  Ready to test it out a nine this morning.  This motor sounds so much nicer.  No rattle no knock.  I think I was sold a real bill of good's on the Crawford engine.  And that will be a whole new thread on GD.com.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:35:54 AM by fastcorvairs »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
Just glad to hear that you got it up and running!  Real bummer when something like that goes bad that far from home.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 07:58:57 AM »
From what I hear about OutFront, and my experiences with them, you clearly did not go wrong.  Will end up being a great purchase.  Have fun in the sand - i am stuck working this weekend.    Guess money is cool and all, but i really wish I was there.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 07:26:10 AM »
From what I hear about OutFront, and my experiences with them, you clearly did not go wrong.  Will end up being a great purchase.  Have fun in the sand - i am stuck working this weekend.    Guess money is cool and all, but i really wish I was there.

To bad you can't come out to play Yummi.

Had to make a major repair to my AJ Speed shift last night but we got it done.  Yesterdays ride was a good one until Jerry's ignition went south.  He got it fixed last night also.  I had some valve cover gasket leakage but think I got that taken care of last night to.   Jerry and I will make one more run up sand hyway today and then pack up tomorrow and head home.  The new engine from Outfront run's good. I went kind of easy on it the first time out to lit it break in some.  Today I will see what it will do. Later. 

SandDragon your buddy Ron is a hoot.  Lot's of fun to be around.  And he can drive that new car.  Fallowed him around yesterday and got sanded again. 

SandDragon

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 08:32:17 AM »
I have known him for years and he has always been fun. Hell he is a straight line drag racer, never figured he could turn left or right. I'm looking forward to the day I can go riding with him. He is to good to go to Little S. so it will be awhile before I can get out there. I'll just have to remember to stay out of his wake I don't want him laughing at me because he sanded me. Glad to hear your new motor is doing alright have fun be safe and have a Happy New Year to you and all.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »
sand dragon looks good!   fast that sucks after all you had to do so far!!  great to hear you got it handled though. I have a couple of friends that made glamis for christmas and they had a few problems themselves just getting there and a few component failures while they were there but nothing like a motor swap!   that's a pretty quick change out too by the way!! hope all else goes smooth,
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 06:27:04 AM »
sand dragon looks good!   fast that sucks after all you had to do so far!!  great to hear you got it handled though. I have a couple of friends that made glamis for christmas and they had a few problems themselves just getting there and a few component failures while they were there but nothing like a motor swap!   that's a pretty quick change out too by the way!! hope all else goes smooth,

Ya soon as I get caught up at work I'll post up the Vacation from Hell ll.

SandDragon

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 05:32:29 PM »
OK fast, Ron has been bugging the crap out of me to fly into Phoenix he is going to pick me up at the airport so I can get a taste of Glamis. Booking my ticket tomorrow $79.99 there next Wednesday and $43.99 back on Saturday. Can't beat that deal under $125 round trip. Never been to a real sand box before two day of fun (I hope) Tell you all about the trip when I get back.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal