Author Topic: Shock Tuning Weekend Bash  (Read 2123 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Shock Tuning Weekend Bash
« on: November 14, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »
Anyone interested in getting together and splitting some work to speed up the tuning process? What we need to do is for several of us plan a true test and chassis tune weekend at LS,Ok.. All go out and make some whoops runs or jumps if that is your thing over and over and observe/vid others cars for comparision. Go back to cam ,review vids and then someone/s remove/reinstall shocke while someone/s are doing valving changes. Take some spare components just in case. we could all chip in on a couple of sets of shim kitsw maybe? Any interest????
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: Shock Tuning Weekend Bash
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:03:45 PM »
Im in! I going to do a serious re-tune on all four corners along with new seals in the 2.0's (already!!  ??? ) Sounds like good education to me! Lets do it!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
I still have to weed out the fueling issues I'm havinf off boost. Can't really tune boost till then. Hate the way the XD-16 cabling is done but I found a cool way to get the job done with only one cable instead of the 3. I'll have the parts here sometime next week and I'll post it up. I hope to be able to hit LS in about 3-4 weeks. You in for around then/ maybe keep an eye on the forecast and pick a good one? Petty hard to plan too far ahead this time of year.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »
Awesome! One of my complaints with the XD is the cable set-up. Cant wait to see what ya came up with. I was thinking of doing my shock tuning over the spring LS trip most likely.. I'm down till then anyway  :'(

Have you worked with any of the ECU flashing yet? I still cant get the thing to flash in the car, only on the bench.. wrong forum.. Off to the .Org I go this week!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »
No effing with the ECU editor yet. Hell I forgot about it. I can tune out some fuel in the stock/non boost  FI map with it can't I ?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »
No effing with the ECU editor yet. Hell I forgot about it. I can tune out some fuel in the stock/non boost  FI map with it can't I ?

That is correct! IMO, Use it like a highly glorified Power-Commander. The first thing I did was unify all the fuel and ignition maps. We are no longer working with a header that scavenges cylinders differently so no need for different fuel/ignition maps per cylinders. Another reason we see such rich areas out of boost with the 4-1nto-1 turbo header. We are now have much less efficient conditions with the turbine wheel creating back-pressure in the collector, but the stock injectors keep fueling as if the factory header is on there.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:10:38 PM by Enemy »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »
AHA!!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 09:34:30 PM »
ya, i also turned the FP down to 30 PSI and it's still pig fat. I wonder if the hahn PF would be able to supplement enough fuel at the lower pressures? It idles fine at 30 PSI and revs well also. Probably be better at higher pressures but the pump amp draw would be less at 30 than 43 also. Just thinking out loud I guess. Any opinion?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal