Author Topic: Read Hayabusa codes  (Read 35087 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Read Hayabusa codes
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »
there is a guy in clovis or his addy anyway that bought a used rail. 10 years ago i sold a guy just north of me a chassis with front end and rear end components and he built himself a rail. this guy bought it used and broke the stub axles so i built him a new set of bearing carriers to swap out to the jeep wheel bearings to retain his u joint axles. he is still 4 link and i told him it would be best to convert that to 5 link, easy to do btw. well easy for my maybe not everyone i guess. anyway it's a blue rail of my original design didn't know how close that was and if it was , the closest riding area might be a shared point and you might see him there.  now these stubs that he broke or imo just broke, were broke once before and someone did some kind of repair job welding them back together. who knows how long ago or the guy that broke them fixed them and then sold it before it could happen again. the bad part is that those stubs were the last of them from zimmer machine that were being made for short sand car that i bought for my rear ends way back and they were proned to problems on anything over 1000 cc imo. the guy that bought the parts from me 10 years ago was made aware of that but he like the idea of the quadzilla hubs for atv rims. he saw a set laying on a bench and the newer ones which at the time were t1 stubs with 930 flanges were almost done, but he wanted that weak set now!! lol well they lasted longer than i thought they would but that r1 carbed engine prob isn't a power house that he used.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2014, 01:46:07 PM »
and the little details take the longest lol hope you can make it for a spring trip to LS
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2014, 09:50:41 PM »
Well, I would love to see that rail.  I always liked your original design.  The closest legal place to ride is Mescalero outside of Roswell it would be in the middle for us.  It is only a mile square so I don't go there very often.  I hope to run into him one of these days.

I thought I would go for a ride to day but the 100 ohm resistor on the Green Black wire broke and I had to go to Albuquerque to buy another one.  After fixing that I also  cleaned up the mess that was the start circuit and now I don't get the 1 - 4 vdc on that circuit, no thanks to Downs.  SO I think All I need to do is mount the ECM and Relays put the floor on and grease the axle and go for a curse.  Bummer part is I will be in Texas for the next two weeks.

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2014, 10:22:08 PM »
Another dumb question what should the oil pressure be? Valvoline 10w-40, 2000 rpm, 61F

The gauge I just installed read 25 - 27 psig.

I finally got to drive it.  Went for a little drive around the shop.

Thanks

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 10:27:01 PM »
They are known to run pretty low at idle. I think you are fine. I run the Mobil1 full syn 20-50 for air cooled v-twins. Don't know the real OP as I just "rely " on the idiot(me) light in the busa dash.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »
really not sure myself and i run redline 10w40 for wet clutch's

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2014, 12:23:54 AM »
Does anyone know how to clear the C60 code?  This makes the FI light come on so if anything real turns it on I will never see it.  Thanks

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2014, 05:23:31 AM »
Cooling fan relay; I'm guessing your not using factory relay to turn on fans?  Was it done away with in harness mod?  I know you can adjust temp and such with software, but not sure about deleting it.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2014, 12:39:49 PM »
Ya Downs engineering cut the wire to the ecm and cut out the relay

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »
Ya Downs engineering cut the wire to the ecm and cut out the relay
Maybe Enemy will pop in, he'd know if it can be wiped with software.  He pull most of his hair out learning the Busa Bitch engine.  rofl
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2014, 02:03:54 PM »
Maybe Enemy will pop in, he'd know if it can be wiped with software.  He pull most all of his hair out learning the Busa Bitch engine.  rofl
;) ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2014, 03:33:23 PM »
so they not only cut the wires but they unpinned the wires from the connecter? if you have a pin out and an inch or two of wire still at that connector at the computer, you can solder in 2 wires to hook to a relay. have to look at the schematic and see how it was wired. the light and code isn't there because the fan isn't turning on but rather because it isn't seeing the connection I would assume. however I am betting since you have gen2 busa , it may be somewhat diff from our gen 1's

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2015, 07:39:45 PM »
They just cut the wire right at the connector.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »
You'll need to salvage a pin with a short length of wire to fix your issue. No big,big deal.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal