Author Topic: Read Hayabusa codes  (Read 35085 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Read Hayabusa codes
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 10:22:48 AM »
well what was the wiring issue? and your cluster is off a gen II busa.....sounds good
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 09:49:25 PM »
SO what I have learned.

I tried everything I could on the first harness.  I did see it run but for some reason when placed in my car it would not do anything.  So I decided to seek professional help.  Took the Harness and ECM and sent it to Downs Engineering(CA).  They had the harness for over a month and would not start on it.  In fairness the guy I bought the engine from had done some really interesting things.  I am sure he would be driving along and the car would sputter and or stop and he would have no idea why.  I had tried to clean it up but two guys had hacked away at that harness so it was a mess.  So I went ahead and ordered another Harness to start over with (I know bone head move).  On the up side he did finally start on the harness.  I was promised that the harness would come and have three wires to land and the engine would run.  I could not figure out how it could be so simple but I liked the sound of that.  Well it wasn't.  When I got the second harness back from Downs nothing worked at all even less than the first harness.

So now going thru the new harness.  Downs did a good job of installing the resistor for the kick stand and removing the tip sensor and cutting out the cooling relay.  The harness didn't even have a ground.   After landing the B/W wire on a ground and tracing the wires back each of the wires from the harness I found a few more cut wires namely the R/Bl.  Once correcting it things started to function.  At that point I got the dash to work and display the codes.  Once getting the codes I could then chase down the rest of the issues.

What I learned that might be helpful for the next guy.
Orange wire is the ignition wire.
Red wire is the power for the ignition circuit.
Black and Yellow is the starter wire and needs to be grounded when you want the starter to turn.  It also tells the ECM to retard the timing during starting. (on the first harness I was trying to power this circuit).
Green yellow is the oil light
Blue is the natural light
Yellow and Blue is the tach.
IF using the stock fuel relay the Yellow and Red is the pump positive and the Black and White wire is ground (throughout the entire harness).

Fuel pump will only operate for three seconds so you might need to turn the car on and off a couple of times to build fuel pressure on initial start.  This is not an issue on my car.

Issues I still have other than general cleaning up.  C60 Cooling fan relay is on.  Not sure how to correct, the manual indicates to go in on the software and turn it off.  I don't have the software.  The other code is C49 Pair Sensor.  I bought the 20 ohm resistor to install on that circuit today.  I also have a back feed on the Orange wire of 1 - 4 VDC.  I will have trace this out and find the broke component.

I need to clean up the wiring and grease the drive shafts and maybe put the front floor on.  Take it for a spin, see what breaks.

Is it good or bad to have a GenII dash?

thanks for the help.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 06:17:47 AM »
well if the gen II dash match's the gen II engine there's nothing wrong with it.  that's just the later larger busa engine. gen II would be 08 to current and gen I 99-07  i have an 2001.  the wire harness's can get interesting but what did that company out of cali have to say when you called them back and told them there harness didn't work at all?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 07:00:27 AM »
That company was Downs Engineering? I thought they were one of the gurus . They offer a complete,race ready car sooooo why/how in hell would the harness be so fooked up?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 07:03:16 AM »
For that matter,how did you cajole them into messing with your hacked up harness   in the first place?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 07:31:44 AM »
I just checked their site. $250 to modify YOUR harness??????????
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 11:48:25 PM »
well if the gen II dash match's the gen II engine there's nothing wrong with it.  that's just the later larger busa engine. gen II would be 08 to current and gen I 99-07  i have an 2001.  the wire harness's can get interesting but what did that company out of cali have to say when you called them back and told them there harness didn't work at all?

It is a 08 engine some I guess that works.

Downs take for ever to do things but when I did get a hold of them he told me that is worked on the test stand.  Not sure how that could have been without a ground attached to the harness.

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 11:51:51 PM »
That company was Downs Engineering? I thought they were one of the gurus . They offer a complete,race ready car sooooo why/how in hell would the harness be so fooked up?

Ya that is what I thought as well.  To make it work I changed things on the harness and now it runs.  The biggest thing was the black/white wire was not run the ground and that is the main ground for the harness.  I don't know if they some how ground thru a sensor or something but it did not work for me.

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 11:54:09 PM »
For that matter,how did you cajole them into messing with your hacked up harness   in the first place?

He said send your harness to me and I will fix it and send it back to you.  But after receiving it he would only tell me that he had a bunch of work in front of me.  After sending the new harness it took him a few weeks to get to.  He did tell me that the ECM appear to be functioning.

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 11:55:38 PM »
I just checked their site. $250 to modify YOUR harness??????????

Ya, feel my pain?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 06:07:39 AM »
$250 to do the few things he did do is outrageous.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 01:53:13 PM »
Ya that is what I thought. Of course he promised everything would be taken care off. He even charges shipping on top of that.

20 ohm resistor cleared up the c49 issue as well so now I am down to c60 but he trimmed the wire so short I can even fake the signal to clear it.  Oh well I guess 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »
well have you drove it yet?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2014, 09:26:19 AM »
how far is clovis nm from you?

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »
Why Clovis, no sand there?  It is about 3 hours.  I have to go there for work from time to time.

I haven't drove it yet working on cleaning up those last details.  Work sure kills my shop time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal