Author Topic: Power plant / Drive train option  (Read 2510 times)

lockedup

Power plant / Drive train option
« on: September 21, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »
Well i had my drivetrain all figured out and ready to go but i came across a Chevy 305 for free and couldnt pass it up.  So  the setup i have is a 80' GS1100 with a diff out of old triumph ( its been used in a prevous buggy and worked awesome)  But i ran across this Chevy 305 for free and thought it would make a for a pretty sweet power plant in my little 2 seater long travel buggy. But the problem is is what transmissions to use? I am in the process of building the buggy so i can make any changes needed.

borris

Re: Power plant / Drive train option
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »
First off ,welcome to the site! Post up some more info about your car such as weight,use etc..A few pics should help members give you better opinions to help you.

lockedup

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 05:37:22 PM »
Ok, i dont have any pics cause its still a pile of tubing  ;D  but its going to be a 2 seater, wheel base of 120, width of 7' with tires on, Shooting for 18-20" in the front and 14-16" in the rear. Its going to be used strictly for dunes and maybe on the street if i feel like going through the process of getting a VIN # and all that good stuff but just a Dune car for now.

SPEC

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »
SBC and a CVT...
and woodgas ;D
Seriously...turn that sucker sideways in there and put a CVT and a jackshaft on it...That would be cool as hell

Admin

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »
Your hp to weight ratio is gonna be terrible i think, most all the v8 cars are 400-500 hp i think, makes up for the big weight in the back...

Admin

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »
On a side note i have seen beam and torsion based rails running v8 engines and they were dogs...Unless they were built to the gills... ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal