Author Topic: offroad goggles lens color  (Read 5748 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
offroad goggles lens color
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »
so i have been searching for 10 weeks.....yep long time. oakley , scott and such web sites really suck for info. i have done several searches for what color lens seems to be most preferred on sand but really no really good info out there. a lot of random posts that really don't pertain to color as much as what looks cool lol  i came across one post that caught my eye.....http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/riding-apparel/8081-best-goggles-dunes.html     " I've tried a lot of goggles at the dunes and so far nothing compares to the oakley sand goggles with the gold iridium lens. That lens is designed for the dunes. Glare is no problem and clarity is second to none IMO. Can't go wrong with that setup. "

now i tried doing a search on oakley's site and the only thing i can find is 24k iridium color. not surprising since that post was from 2009 but oakley's site does not say if it's polarized or not. i emailed but will prob have to call. http://www.oakley.com/en/shop-by-sport-mx/mx-goggles/o-frame-2-0-mx-goggle/product/WGOO7068?skuCode=OO7068-09&variant=888392114662

so my question is what color lens do all of you pre fer for sand?

i have tried tinted as in lite smoked, amber, clear and mirrored lite smoked. the smoked ones are too dark for myself to read shadows on the dunes. the clear are great but blinding when i get to facing the sun. the amber are great for at night but bad during the day for myself. i use the save face mask but that is there enitre color choice and it sucks! i eamiled them but they don't care based on there response. imo masks are great but len's suck. my skin on my fingers scratch there lens every time i change one and they damn sure fog up.  haven't found any manufacturer that sells little lens samples i can take out and try that's why i'm asking.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: offroad goggles lens color
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:06:19 AM »
so i have been searching for 10 weeks.....yep long time. oakley , scott and such web sites really suck for info. i have done several searches for what color lens seems to be most preferred on sand but really no really good info out there. a lot of random posts that really don't pertain to color as much as what looks cool lol  i came across one post that caught my eye.....http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/riding-apparel/8081-best-goggles-dunes.html     " I've tried a lot of goggles at the dunes and so far nothing compares to the oakley sand goggles with the gold iridium lens. That lens is designed for the dunes. Glare is no problem and clarity is second to none IMO. Can't go wrong with that setup. "

now i tried doing a search on oakley's site and the only thing i can find is 24k iridium color. not surprising since that post was from 2009 but oakley's site does not say if it's polarized or not. i emailed but will prob have to call. http://www.oakley.com/en/shop-by-sport-mx/mx-goggles/o-frame-2-0-mx-goggle/product/WGOO7068?skuCode=OO7068-09&variant=888392114662

i have tried tinted as in lite smoked, amber, clear and mirrored lite smoked. the smoked ones are too dark for myself to read shadows on the dunes. the clear are great but blinding when i get to facing the sun. the amber are great for at night but bad during the day for myself. i use the save face mask but that is there enitre color choice and it sucks! i eamiled them but they don't care based on there response. imo masks are great but len's suck. my skin on my fingers scratch there lens every time i change one and they damn sure fog up. haven't found any manufacturer that sells little lens samples i can take out and try that's why i'm asking.
100% agree. Love the mask but the lenses are junk ,junk,junk.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 06:26:39 AM »
I have gone to the Blue polar lens and really like it. It allows just enough shadow to define the lips and transitions but holes down the glare.  I just had my new eye script put in a pair of Oakley wrap around, by Oakley they have the Polar blue lens and wear a pair of plain lens goggles. 

PS
The weather is warm here in sunny AZ and the sand is smooth.  I am finally healing and my health is returning to some kind of normality. Hoping to be released to the streets in a day or two soon as they give me a clean bill of health.   To give you a quick run down of my life for the past two weeks felt like shit, went to hospital, diagnosed with (Human Metapneumovirus) Just google it. Only two know cases of it in Yuma AZ and I am number two.  More later as I heal. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:22:31 AM »
wth glenn!

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
wth glenn!

Well? What's a guy to do? I'll start a new post so this one don't get to trashed.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 07:55:45 AM »
i looked it up and apperantly it from too much sun, sand and relaxation!  ;D you need to get well so you can lead all of us on a night ride in LS! enemy is turning his up and carl bolted on a new head bolt stretcher and i turned mine up to 30 psi right before xmas but i'm still not signing that rope for a pull start  rofl put a can of starter fluid in for the cold morning start ups  rofl damn yuma is just taking a toll on you maybe winter in utah or idaho??  ;D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:57:30 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
on another note i have a model 89 pair of scott goggles. they don't offer a huge selection of colors for those goggles but blue is on of them and at $8 ea for replacement lens i may just buy 4 diff colors to try.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »

i have tried tinted as in lite smoked, amber, clear and mirrored lite smoked. the smoked ones are too dark for myself to read shadows on the dunes. the clear are great but blinding when i get to facing the sun. the amber are great for at night but bad during the day for myself. i use the save face mask but that is there enitre color choice and it sucks! i eamiled them but they don't care based on there response. imo masks are great but len's suck. my skin on my fingers scratch there lens every time i change one and they damn sure fog up. haven't found any manufacturer that sells little lens samples i can take out and try that's why i'm asking.
100% agree. Love the mask but the lenses are junk ,junk,junk.

it was real interesting when the lady from save face emailed and said the sum mask isn't the right one to use for offroad, that the tactical mask was needed for that! i told her that's info they need to post on there site so people know which one to buy. she said the lens on the sum mask can pop loose if its struck.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 10:53:35 AM »
I have gone to the Blue polar lens and really like it. It allows just enough shadow to define the lips and transitions but holes down the glare.  I just had my new eye script put in a pair of Oakley wrap around, by Oakley they have the Polar blue lens and wear a pair of plain lens goggles. 

PS
The weather is warm here in sunny AZ and the sand is smooth.  I am finally healing and my health is returning to some kind of normality. Hoping to be released to the streets in a day or two soon as they give me a clean bill of health.   To give you a quick run down of my life for the past two weeks felt like shit, went to hospital, diagnosed with (Human Metapneumovirus) Just google it. Only two know cases of it in Yuma AZ and I am number two.  More later as I heal.
http://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/human-metapneumovirus-hmpv/learn-about-hmpv.html
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 05:05:27 PM »
you need to heal up from that fast

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 08:31:07 PM »
That's not the big problem~ Throw in the mix (Pneumonia) and you have double trouble. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 08:36:11 PM »
its all a problem

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 08:10:37 AM »
well i'm not as fortunate as fast and fabr to live soooooo close to the dunes so haven't checked them on the sand but as fast suggested i bought the blue colored lens. i did notice they offered blue and electric blue for my scott goggles so i bought 1 of each. at $7 ea why not lol but just walking around the yard i like the electric blue lens far better than the standard blue lens. the standard blue lens actually  gives everything a slight blue hue where the electric blue does not.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 01:49:38 PM »
forgot to meantion i did get 4 lens colors to try. have not tried them on the sand but did put them on and check them out on a sunny day with snow cover! i the dead brightest part of the day the electric blue len's work the best for me. in the morning or evening with half light to night rides the 24k iridium from oakley are fantastic! the electric blue actually enhance the shadows to my eyes which should be a good thing on the sane. i have had lasik on my eyes twice. so night vision is absolute crap since those surgeries.

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 03:23:34 PM »
Thanks for bringing this up, I have got to get new lenses.  Where did you buy them at? 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal