Author Topic: Tig welder????  (Read 3177 times)

beastybronco

Tig welder????
« on: May 18, 2015, 08:26:05 AM »
What kind of tig do you guys use?? Would u get something different if u had to do it all over again?? I'm going to be getting one and would like some suggestions.  Thanks

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Tig welder????
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 09:26:27 AM »
I have a Miller Syncrowave 250. I love it. It does anything I need on aluminum and steel. The new inverter units are smaller,lighter and even better yet. 
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:12:29 AM »
What kind of tig do you guys use?? Would u get something different if u had to do it all over again?? I'm going to be getting one and would like some suggestions.  Thanks

I have a Lincoln 350 Square wave and love it.  It will tig and stick. I have repaired 3.5 inch thick aluminum with it. Had a job that a cutter crashed on a piece 4 feet long 2.5 feet wide and 3.5 thick material.  Gouged out a hole about .5 deep.  That piece of material was about half way machined and would bring $1800.00 when finished. It was for a customer in the medical field and was for and order of five x-ray machine parts that were a frame that held the stuff that they put under a part when x-ray'ed and had to be plated when finish.  Turned out nice. No pits, I used a strip of the parent material off of the block for the filler.       

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 06:21:52 PM »
Older Lincoln 225 for Me. After My last new Miller fried the circuit board, I went back to something without a fricking computer in it. All the fancy setting do not make My welds any better.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 07:37:42 PM »
I have a Miller Syncrowave 250. I love it. It does anything I need on aluminum and steel. The new inverter units are smaller,lighter and even better yet.

+1

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 09:45:20 AM »
As I have been talking abiut welders some at work a guy near here has a like new Hobart 135 mig he barely used and wants it gone.  Everything it came with and a spool of wire but no bottle.

Thinking of snagging it for a truck bed kinda machine to haul around.

Whats a good price yah think?
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »
As I have been talking abiut welders some at work a guy near here has a like new Hobart 135 mig he barely used and wants it gone.  Everything it came with and a spool of wire but no bottle.

Thinking of snagging it for a truck bed kinda machine to haul around.

Whats a good price yah think?
I really like mine.  Does a good job, I run with bottle.  Half of new??  Think they're in 400-500 still.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal