Author Topic: Not Buggies, but offroad builds  (Read 12675 times)

SPEC

Re: Not Buggies, but offroad builds
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 05:49:54 AM »
Oh ya...Somthing I forgot to mention...I pasted Specinator's rag top with it, backing out of the garage...GOOD THING SHE WON'T BEAT UP A GIMP...Small dent big pissed off...Speaking of Dent ;D

SPEC

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 05:28:26 AM »
Here's a few pix of this brute in action...
I think I'm ready to move boxes of firewood now ;D
I need to do some small tweeking yet...Those rib tires suck in the snow...I found some 4 ply atv tires I think might work...

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 07:09:13 AM »
Now that just looks too handy. ;D  If I get my skid steer sold I might have to rig somethin up on my old Deere.  How big are the cylinders on that thing anyway?
This post has been edited due to content.

SPEC

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »
I think they're 1 3/4 or 2''...Not very big...I was gonna put some 3'' on it cuz I got some but that would be severe overkill ;D

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 09:39:54 AM »
looks like it's got good capacity, what's that mower on the forks weigh 250-300lbs?
This post has been edited due to content.

SPEC

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »
 ;D
That's the old loader platform
 ;D
Prolly 350 plus pounds...It's all cast iron...front axle,cast iron kohler,frame, and the hydrostat...that's cast iron too
I know the boxes that I get wood in are between 450 and 500 pounds filled...I trip over the scales from time to time with loads...just out of curiosity 8)

SPEC

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »
So last Thursday....
I broke the steering sector out of it :'(
Can't get parts...In my INFINITE WISDOM...
I decide I'm gonna pirate the steering servo out of the skidder...Been sitting for 3 years...So I rob it out...FOOK AROUND for the last week modding this...that AND THAT OTHER FOOKIN THING... and adapting hoses...BLAH BLAH BLAH... Long story short...THAT FOOKER IS JUNK.....
4 gallons of Hydraulic fluid on the shop floor, new broken steering sector...and I'm gonna joystick it and call it happy...Woulda had the parts today but rain/snow/sleet, and meds kept me out of the woods...

SPEC

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 09:34:09 PM »
I forgot the undercarrage carnage pix...
I was too busy flipping off the camera with my Pawtector's on
I broke the rack to start with...after dinking around with, the servo...Hadda turn it to full lock to get the loader end to work...I accidentally over extended it and twisted off the frog...
Wasn't much weld there to twist off :j

SPEC

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 09:35:09 PM »
The hood isn't safe again ;D
Some FOOKER STOLE MY STEERING WHEEL :v b:1 5: :g
bbbwwwwaaaaa ha ha ha ha
I forgot how to drive the joystick...Then I got to thinking...I haven't driven "the stick" in 20 years...My other skidder was servo steered, My tractor lives...It was a 20 cent key that was the problem with the Hydraulics...not the servo,or shit in a valve...them fookers won't need to be cleaned for a couple of years or never again...apart 3 fookin times, fluid on the ceiling, trip to my EX FAVORITE implement shop...new service manager...I been doing business with them for 10 years...Wouldn't even let it in the shop cuz not a Kuboda...Guess what guys...new saws, chains, trimmers, blowers,blades,string,hedge saws...etc...etc...etc... to the tune of about 10 grand per year... won't be from them...I'm glad they didn't want to stoop so low as to look at my lowley tractor...When I was going to unload it  to pull the pump...it was a nice day so I decided to pull it off out side...thats when I noticed that the pump was spinning really slow compared to the coupler...20 cents later I'm dancing in the street...CEPT WITH OUT A STEERING WHEEL

SPEC

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »
here's a couple more...1st one is fluid on the ceiling and lights

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 11:25:12 PM »
How does "The stick" drive?

SPEC

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
Idid a paint on it to help exlpain the stick is on the left up is right,l down is left,,,Steers really well only when driving it you have to remember to "cener it..and that small adjustments are a tap on the stick...hold it down or up and it's like a barrel horse...you'll be sitting on the ground

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 06:39:11 AM »
Put a flow restriction on the steering side to calm it down.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 08:46:43 AM »
Put a flow restriction on the steering side to calm it down.

Naw it steers great...just nothing to hold onto ;D

SPEC

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »
It's tilling season here ::)
So I whipped up a 4 footer for the back of the minni...Decided against the hydraulic driver for it Cuz it would just break shit :-\
So I mounted up a 10 horse Kohler off my truck loader that hasn't been used in 2 years, but once...Thing tills awesome...Oh yeah...I welded up some experimental tines to see how a design I had in my head for the last couple of years would work...the pix speak for themselves...
Poopy kitty approves :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal