Author Topic: Not Buggies, but offroad builds  (Read 12670 times)

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
Re: Not Buggies, but offroad builds
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 09:59:48 AM »
Spec, those are some sweet rides.  Made me remember my Great grandfather's old Power King.  I had to pull out the photo albums to find these.  The first is of my GGF about 20 years ago.  The second is my pops after my brother and I painted it for father's day about 12 years ago.  The farm has long been sold, and the tractor with it, but I learned how to drive on that thing.  And back a trailer, it's the one in the pic.

Thanks again.  By the way,this is my first post over here.  I am working on a R16, but not sure whether to start a thread under MSP or AP.

SPEC

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »
Welcome T8,
Thats a cool old tractor
What are you putting in that R16 for a motor?

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »
Thanks, that tractor meant alot to my dad.  That father's day present was the only one that I saw bring a tear to his eye. 

Anyway, the R16, well I know this isn't the place to start a debate, as it is one that I know others are discussing elsewhere, but I currently have a  2003 cb900f motor.  It came out of a friend's bike that I picked up after a close encounter of the asphalt kind.  I really want to use it, but I am considering the Ecotec option.  Heavily.  Talking to the wife, she supports either decision.  She sees the twinkle in my eye whenever I talk about the Shotgun, so she wants me to do what it takes to make it perform up to my expectations.  I would like to get into racing it after lots of practicing and testing of course.

Admin

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »
IMO the ecotech is going to be no faster than a big bike motor... ;D have to spend a lot of doe on them to crank up the hp to... ;D If ya want speed Just get you a busa motor... ;D

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
I would like to get into racing it after lots of practicing and testing of course.

welcome to the site - racing - ecotech is only otion - new class 3000, or class 1 lites is here.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SPEC

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 12:24:31 PM »
Here's what I do to...Errr with the charger 12 ;D

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 12:25:53 PM »
"racing - ecotech is only otion - new class 3000, or class 1 lites is here. "

Yeah Yummi, that's what I have been reading.

Admin

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »
In that case Ecotech it... ;D

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 12:44:40 PM »
somewhere on this board we have a dedicated class one lites thread....  i think - heck - i need to pay more attention.....

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »
here you go, as you find more, post away re: class 1 lites.....

http://dtsfab.com/index/index.php?topic=814.0

SPEC

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 05:14:11 AM »
Here we go again ;D
My mostus favorite tractor is now parts...That fookin charger 12 is done...I had to pull the big crapsman out of mothball's...I was hoping not to have to till spring :-[
Charger took off 5 times on me last week...pushing The big hungry back a few inches...the 15 foot trailer sideways into the street...and finally itself to the top of the wood pile out back...before it rolled down the side to it's demise...enouph's enouph...So I 'm pulling the loader off of it and putting it on the silver one that's towing it ;D

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 07:46:10 AM »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 09:29:48 AM »
Here we go again ;D
My mostus favorite tractor is now parts...That fookin charger 12 is done...I had to pull the big crapsman out of mothball's...I was hoping not to have to till spring :-[
Charger took off 5 times on me last week...pushing The big hungry back a few inches...the 15 foot trailer sideways into the street...and finally itself to the top of the wood pile out back...before it rolled down the side to it's demise...enouph's enouph...So I 'm pulling the loader off of it and putting it on the silver one that's towing it ;D

Wow.... Were you on it at the time of the rollover?  Thank goodness you weren't wearing a seatbelt if so.  ;) 

Really had a mind of its own eh? 

I just looked at some of the pictures again.  Some damm fine looking pallets there! ;D

How was the hydraulic pump for the loader driven on that red one?  belt?  I see a blade on the back of the Crapsman so it must already have some hydraulics.

We have an old Bolens, My uncle said they bought it as a kit and put it together, probably 35 years ago.  It isn't huge, but it is one heavy duty mother, cast Iron front beam hydrostatic.  I bet it outweighs one of these new junkers 4:1.  Built in hydraulics.  I believe it is shaft drive from the motor back to the rear end where all of the hydraulics, and hydrostat are, so it would be easy to repower.  Just wondered if you had ever seen one.  It would be a good one to look for.  I will take some pics when it gets warmer.

SPEC

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 09:54:37 AM »
Thanks Yummi..... ;D fooker  ;D
-9 this morning...high of 10  :'(
E-farmer...Ya the crapsman is an FE 24
 Built from the factory for a loader, Frame is 6'' deep at the narrowest point  ;D
Loader looks like a toy on it....Ya to the hyd. 3 point...depending on how it steers I'll be pirating athe box off one of my jeeps for the power steering off the hydrostat aux pump, to power the steering,
But for right now it's most  important to get the loader on it and move firewood around and into the shop...I'll get some pix.....then the carnage begins...Well, not till I harness that fresh rebuilt Kohler off it to sell ;D
The pump is mounted directly to th crankshaft on the motor...I'll get some pix...Kinda looks like the Crapsman is sticking it's tongue out at you,
I think I may put a bigger pump on it and run the snow blower and the tillr off of hyd. instead of off the pto...No gearboxes or belts to worry about that way

SPEC

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 05:46:14 AM »
It lives ;D
I got it up and running I got a few little things to do yet...Modifiying the control levers to put them at better angle so I change direction while operating the boom,and bucket...And run the 3 point while doing other things as well...Plus I have to weld up a weight box for the 3 point ... dragging that 4 foot blade around the shop is a total drag...
I was too busy to take pix while we had it apart...hadda carry firewood for 5 days...I gotta say this about ol'doc perrault...He doesn't just bitch at me for doing stuff...he busted me moving some firewood and stopped and helped ;)
How many guys got a doctor who will help you with your chores...just cuz your a cripple ::)
Anyway...Here's some pix

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal