Author Topic: Wastegate controlling regulator?  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Wastegate controlling regulator?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 06:51:27 AM »
Does it have a line to the waste gate from the pressure side of the system before the throttle?  Despite it being a spring, it still needs to know the system pressure.

If there is a brass filter looking thing on the side of the WG, (I dont see one from your pictures) that goes on TOP, the banjo fitting goes on the side, and the other connection goes to the pressure side. I don't think you can come off a vac. line as that is AFTER the throttle.   If you have variable boost control, then the top no longer goes to the atmosphere, but to the BOOST controller - not a fuel regulator.

On the fuel side -others here are much brighter than me.  (Wait, wait - Check that - they are much brighter than me on all these issues - I am just here to torment folks)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:04:24 AM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

robndeb

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 07:34:10 AM »
Yes it has a BOV, I just wish it wasn't right behind my head!

Thanks for the diagram Yummi! There is a lower port on the wastegate, and it is plumbed to the plenum, before the throttle bodies. Since I don't have a variable boost controller, I think the top port needs to be left open.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 08:09:38 AM »
Looks like you could turn the BOV 180* then take a couple pieces of radiator hose / PVC (might be a better choice than PVC - I am drawing a blank) pipe and mount the BOV filter down lower.  The sound (airwaves) would "follow" the pipe much like a cheerleaders megaphone and exit away from your ear.  It could likely hang / route to the mid point or below of the radiator on the passengers side pointing down?  Then the filter goes down there at the end of the line to stop any suck back on the sand - not likely to occur, but just in case....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:11:53 AM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

robndeb

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »
Looks like you could turn the BOV 180* then take a couple pieces of radiator hose / PVC (might be a better choice than PVC - I am drawing a blank) pipe and mount the BOV filter down lower.  The sound (airwaves) would "follow" the pipe much like a cheerleaders megaphone and exit away from your ear.  It could likely hang / route to the mid point or below of the radiator on the passengers side pointing down?  Then the filter goes down there at the end of the line to stop any suck back on the sand - not likely to occur, but just in case....

Good idea!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal