Author Topic: Edge Evolution CS Programmer  (Read 8399 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Edge Evolution CS Programmer
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 07:51:31 PM »
WTH do you guys need any more towing power ??? 
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 05:25:09 AM »
Cause we like to tow at 80.  ;D  And I have to cross some long up/down mountain stretches. 

Cant believe you ask a bunch buggy guys why they want more power.  LMAO
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 09:02:23 AM »
there is never too much of anything so get more  8) :police:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
 ;) almost good enough and way to much are the boundries that most of us play in but then there are some............... rofl ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »
You guys are FOS too!!!! LOL!!!! JUST BUY A NEW DURAMAX AND THERE'S NOTHING ELSE NEEDED. Simple. ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 12:48:55 PM »
$$,$$$.  drowning
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »
you must have a rare duramax that will tow past a repair shop  ;D :o ??? rofl

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »
the ones i see can not do 60 & get 6 to 8 mpg drowning drowning

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »
Here we go! My ...... is best!.......
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 07:31:14 PM »
you must have a rare duramax that will tow past a repair shop  ;D :o ??? rofl
LMAO LMAO bs1 rofl rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 07:35:56 PM »
the ones i see can not do 60 & get 6 to 8 mpg drowning drowning
better lay off the meds deano. you're starting to hallucinate. ;D ;D ;D LMAO LMAO LMAO
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 11:14:09 AM »
I have looked at EFI Live for my D-max. On the dmax you can change on the fly between tunes on the 2004.5 and later. I need to get it for mine. Mods are catching up with me. I believe the EFI live software. The people are doing the tuning with the software. EFI Live is not selling tunes. But software. Letting them off the hook. Now the guys tuning it for you, who knows where they will be standing in the future. I know it is seems to be the best deal for making power and handling mods on the GM. EFI Live just started working on Dodge in the last year or two if I am not mistaken.

I have been looking real hard at water/meth injection. I really want to lower my egts while towing. They peaked at almost 1300 deg the other day. The truck downshifts and spins the motor up and the egts came down? :o Stopping at the local shop on Monday to see about EFI and if my eyes are messing with me on the egt deal.

Dune
I put Meth on my truck just before I went to Yuma this year and really like it. Pulled my egt's down about 200* when pulling hard.   Only problem is how much room you have for storage.  I used 15 gal going to Yuma and another 15 gal coming back. that was using a 50/50 mix.   I got three five gal jug's behind the cab locked down.  Granted I had it set a bit rich going down but thin it out coming back.  My stystem is set to activate partly when my boost reaches 23 and full on at 30 psi.  My truck hits 40 psi pulling the big hills in sixth gear. I plugged one jet really did not need two like the instructions said to put in.  When the meth hit's you'll know it.  Kind of like tuning on another motor.  I am using the 150 hp kit from Snow.  And it put that much to the ground to. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »
Bunch of meth heads. I declare. LOL!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:09 AM »
i have looked into the washer fluid inj too but my only concern is long term effects to the motor. i think if i needed that much extra power i will prob just step up on inj's and turbo over stock for another 100 hp bump but don't really need it now.   i did read the snow site sat night while dune and carl and I were eating ramono's pizza at my place and they throw some impressive #'s around but less info on the 7.3 than the duramax and dodge and 6.0 psd's. they claim 50 to 100 hp increase on the 7.3 and don't state why though so i have to wonder if they dyno'd a truck to check and if so 50 to 100 hp is big spread but who knows.

fast what was you mpg saving from the inj kit?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 10:10:20 AM »
i have looked into the washer fluid inj too but my only concern is long term effects to the motor. i think if i needed that much extra power i will prob just step up on inj's and turbo over stock for another 100 hp bump but don't really need it now.   i did read the snow site sat night while dune and carl and I were eating ramono's pizza at my place and they throw some impressive #'s around but less info on the 7.3 than the duramax and dodge and 6.0 psd's. they claim 50 to 100 hp increase on the 7.3 and don't state why though so i have to wonder if they dyno'd a truck to check and if so 50 to 100 hp is big spread but who knows.

fast what was you mpg saving from the inj kit?

I don't think you could figger a mpg gain with the meth.  Mainly you would have to run it all the time to gain any. I just think with a 50/50 mix it gives so much of a hp gain that your not into the throttle so much up hill's.  This is where it show's as a mileage gain.   My MPG is way up on my truck but more form the new turbo then anything else.  You definitely know when the meth mix hits when you get into it.   My truck acts like you just fed it another 30 Psi of boost.  Pulled my trailer up to Lindsborg KS this last week end for a two day archery tournament no car in it just so we would have some place to sleep.  I can turn onto and on ramp in third gear and with in the length of the ramp maybe 300 feet I am rocking and rolling at a speed of 75 MPH when I get the the freeway.  That's with 10,000 lbs of trailer behind me.  Try that with a stock 6.7 dodge or a 7.3 ford.  lol. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal