Author Topic: first step of new build  (Read 58104 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: first step of new build
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2016, 09:47:23 AM »
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/lofiversion/index.php?t41218.html

MegaSand with 091 stack = 400 hp
MegaSand with 2d stack = 450 hp

i only posted this because this is all i could find for info on the megasand trans i bought that lance is babysitting for me lol thanks lance!!!!!    i do know mine is the last gen before they closed up shop and a 3 speed. i do know from the previous owner that it does not use the 002 pinnion bearing or atleast he stated that he found an origanal 091 steel german pinnion bearing for it before he sent it in for rebuild. i am happy with these hp #'s since tq #'s follow suit
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 06:45:49 PM by dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2016, 10:17:22 AM »
Sure!
Just as long as you can put up with my goofy neighbor.. He will probably want pics too  rofl

I know this post is old but what!?!?!? Enemy, I know you were not talking about me!!!  :slp 9: 6: :7 4:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2016, 06:46:27 PM »
thats funny doug but not sure that was about you however still funny  rofl rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2016, 08:58:44 PM »
well turns out those megasand trans i posted the specs on were the last  2 years they were built. i have two of the older ones even though they were purchased 2 years before they went under according to the guy i bought them. he had a new rail built and they built it with this the megasand. but he did have a 355 chevy v8 bolted to it for 12 years so it should..... handle my turbo 2.3. the other one is rear engine only and also had a 355 v8 for 12 years and both with u joint shafts.

also .....budlight......doug said he liked your shifter so could you tell me which one you have and post a pic?

here are  few pics of the black on thats going in mine. it's a 3 speed mid engine and the shifter that came with it. the other is a broken one i bought at the same time that needs a r&p. i found the new parts just waiting to take it to shane to have him look at the gear stack to make sure the debris didn't get into them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:16:07 PM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2016, 10:13:52 PM »
according to mark at marks sand trans , rancho trans, wright gear box and weddle they all said they are 300 ft tq trans at best and also said all megasand trans are except the real early ones which are weaker. now these aren't the real early ones i know that one for sure. scott told me his bud bo is running the real early one and he has a built 2.3 running higher boost as in 30's range and it has taken it for a number of years in st a so i'll find out. dougs is a 4 speed mid and has handled 21 psi for several years now w/o issue. other than that no real info out there other than what scott has told me and fast has told me about personal use which i believe them over gd posts lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2016, 07:27:08 AM »
glenn didn't you have one of these?

http://www.transworks.biz/ajshift.html

i know you've tried one of these glenn but was it a sequential shift?  http://www.dtsfab.com/index/index.php?topic=2151.0

has anyone ever heard of or seen one of these jerrys sandrail shifters?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:36:01 AM by dsrace »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2016, 09:14:15 PM »
glenn didn't you have one of these?

http://www.transworks.biz/ajshift.html

i know you've tried one of these glenn but was it a sequential shift?  http://www.dtsfab.com/index/index.php?topic=2151.0

has anyone ever heard of or seen one of these jerrys sandrail shifters?

Sure did. Never again. They are not made anymore.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2016, 12:33:29 PM »
well turns out those megasand trans i posted the specs on were the last  2 years they were built. i have two of the older ones even though they were purchased 2 years before they went under according to the guy i bought them. he had a new rail built and they built it with this the megasand. but he did have a 355 chevy v8 bolted to it for 12 years so it should..... handle my turbo 2.3. the other one is rear engine only and also had a 355 v8 for 12 years and both with u joint shafts.

also .....budlight......doug said he liked your shifter so could you tell me which one you have and post a pic?

Mine is a Fortin shifter for a 5 speed.  They also make one for a mid engine application. 

http://www.kartek.com/parts/fortin-racing-mendeola-5-speed-shifter-satin-finish.html

http://www.kartek.com/parts/fortin-racing-mid-engine-shifter-satin-finish.html

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »
thanks....i asked because doug said he liked yours and i didn't know what you had.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2016, 08:51:27 PM »
Damn ,talk about hijacking your own thread!

But hell yeah, I'll take one thanks  ;)
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2016, 08:55:34 PM »
I say we build one.. We have the technology.
Stainless!

With a 2" Salt block as the kiln floor...
Effin A.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2016, 06:45:01 AM »
mmmmmmmm pizza cooked on a salt block mmmmmm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal