Author Topic: Doug's Barracuda Video repost  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Doug's Barracuda Video repost
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:09:38 AM »
I am reposting this for the time being as it seems that the original thread is currently locked up. and cant be replied in.

Absolutely THE best video I've seen, and I've seen quite a few! So many different angles, cuts on the beat of the music (and I'm not just talking about the "Hey, hey , hey" part of the song), everything, GREAT!

The shots from out front on the boom looking back almost look animated, perhaps because it's such an unusual shot. A little more engine sound is the only nit I could pick. And that's getting very nit picky! To be in it makes it that much more special to me.

How did you get away with the music, considering how the record companies have been cracking down on Youtube? Did I mention absolutely THE best video I've seen?!!

OK guess Ill have to shoot for better next time.

Dave it was a pleasure to throw you into the mix. Wish I had more time and better footage to squeak you in more along with John. Your comments (as well as others) really is the fuel behind the work that goes into my work, wether its fab work, or any other work I do. I do agree on the motor sounds and I still need to do some fine tuning. I had meant to go back and play with the video footage volume after the video was laid down to the music. Every transition was executed at the exact moment for a reason. If you notice there are a few spots where you can here the V-twin rip on by. Another issue with the video is with the transitions out of time slightly in a few areas. The first "Hey Hey Hey Hey" is off, and the ending shots are off, This had to of happend between the Rendering of the video once it was complete, Through my Editing software this is perfect. So somewhere between those operations a few thousands of a second are off from Video to music. All in all I do believe it is my best so far and I will never degrade my future projects from the last. So keep checking back. I may do a few short clips to use up allot of the un used footage. A video is only as good as the amount of time and love you put into it. On that note without the guys behind the scenes moving cameras, starting and stopping them, setting up for my next pass, this video would not have been as easily done. Thanks to Nutz4Sand, Silverbolt (John), Big Jim and little Jim with there little Bro (guys camping next to us), and other guys that wanted to just watch and be part of the excitement. They all were very enthusiastic to take cameras in their hands and shoot footage. Took me days to go through all that footage and allot is still unseen. So a huge thank you to all that helped and If I forgot to mention you, please don't be offended, Simply post up your experience and take some credit, You all deserve it!

As far as getting past the copyright on Youtube using music. Ihad to refrain from any advertising for DTS or myself. Seems thats what will get you by. Trust me I had my fingers crossed!

My father owned a production studio for many many years. I would go to the studio when I was small and I could see allot of his work and it was fascinating, Allot of expensive equipment and very time consuming compared to how you can Edit now even using your home computer. My Dad has since lost the company years ago due to financial difficulty and the competition was just too fierce. Now he runs a little on-line business where he owns RC Helicopters (worth 10's of $1000, Like the $hit the Military uses) outfitted with cameras and camcorders to shoot aerial footage. He has already agreed to take some chase footage of the buggy with them but our schedules need to coinside. Oh yeah... His name is Doug too. yes there are a few Doug Heims in the world so all the haters. Watch over your shoulder's. We carry big sticks!  LMAO

Here is his site...
http://angelcopter.com/

Thanks for each and every comment

Oh and I was thinking of burning this onto a disc or if you send me a SD Card or jump drive Ill slap a copy in the mail for some of you that are intrested. I wuld much rather toss it on your card though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal