Author Topic: 2 seater buggies/sandrails  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: 2 seater buggies/sandrails
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »
Inyo Kern?  Serious?  Passed through many a days on the way to the worlds point of enema insertion - Trona. 

Quick story.  Working on a hopper.  Ask the guy what is this for?  "Co gen"  Look over see a co gen.  Figure sweet - I will never be in this hell hole again.  Sign here please for my eight hours travel and four hour minimum.   

Come to find out it is the second co gen.  There went a year of my life stuck in what can only be described as hell.

Too hot or too cold. Makes Blythe seem like a boom town with an upscale attitude. 

Every time I went, when I pulled out I had what I called a "Trona Hangover."  Had to take Pepto, aspirin, eye drops, and squirt some crap up my nose to clear the sinuses. All this while going through the company supplied car wash so the paint on the truck would not get eaten off.  A good day was when i did not have to randomly puke on the drive back to Ridgecrest.   Pure hell with a bad Chili joint run by a China man in the middle of nowhere.  It is where seriously ugly girls go to get laid by sober dudes with some teeth.     

For grins I looked on Google earth, the building is still there, but looks like the Chili finally caught up to the guy - for lease.  Also a picture of the hell hole plant attached. 

Back to your buggy.  Good advice above to buy a beam car and convert it.  Sounds like a tight budget.  Beam car with desert tires will let you have fun, learn some stuff and figure out what you want.  Check Craig's List. 

Welcome to the board.   Move away from where you are at.......

Effin Trona. 

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »
yea that a good idea but im just going to throw a 500crf 4 stroke motor in it would it be able to move a full size sandrail becaus mine is going to be way smaller then a sand rail i just want to know if it will move it

if you do like fabbr has done and strap it to a vw trans for the deeper gearing then yes it would work for some time otherwise low gearing would do it on a light weight beam rail but will it move like the lighter weight mini's no. just a good place to start on a tight budget to get your feet wet and figure out what you really want before you waist a bunch of money on a scrap pile!
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 10:23:26 PM »
yummi so you say it 's a nice vacation spot but no where to live huh!   rofl rofl LMAO LMAO rofl rofl
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

rklausbeasty42

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
yea i been to trona plant a couple time the pinckls are out there were they filmed planet of the appes fxxk i do not know how to spell

SPEC

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 04:30:43 PM »
there is a spell check button right by the post button

SPEC

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »
I don't use it much...But that's part of my charm rofl

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »
I don't use it much...But that's part of my charm rofl
I don't think too many do so you'll be in good company. ;D rofl
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »
yea i been to trona plant a couple time the pinckls are out there were they filmed planet of the appes fxxk i do not know how to spell
Don't worry about it. Hell I can't think. rofl rofl rofl welcome to the site and don't let the natives bother you. :) and yes,spell check is many of our s best friend. ;) :)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

rklausbeasty42

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 06:51:14 PM »
yea i use that alot  LMAO

SPEC

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »
Your getting better...
YOU SPELLED ALOT RIGHT rofl
I spell it that way just to piss a few people off LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal