Author Topic: april trip to LS ok  (Read 24145 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: april trip to LS ok
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
We go I35 south to Blackwell exit and take it straight across to Alva and then south to waynoka. The road 64 has been seriously improved.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2009, 04:50:10 PM »
64 That's where I pasted the big ass fooking Vulture...
Damn bird was a big as my tracker :o

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »
Hehehehe bird man.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2009, 07:13:38 PM »
I killed more birds on that trip, then I have the rest of my life :P
You need to go and poke some turanchula piles for me ;)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »
Why? You gonna pickle those too?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
For those that are wondering he meant tarantula holes.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2009, 01:41:45 AM »
currently 2:40 local time... see you guys there. Headin out!

SPEC

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2009, 06:10:07 AM »
 ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2009, 06:28:11 AM »
Get some sleep when you get there!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2009, 11:15:23 PM »
Doug seemed pretty awake when he rolled into Ames, Iowa this morning.  He stopped by my shop and I gave him the grand tour.  I got some parts from him too, man they look great!  Thanks again Doug. 

I got a chance to take some photos of Dougs ride, and hear that little kitten purr.  She sounds pretty good too I might add.  Makes me want to finish mine something bad.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »
Well, the sand was Awesome at little Sahara.  I could only make it down for a few hours on Friday.  I enjoyed meeting Glenn (Fastcorvairs), John (Enemy) and Doug Heim.  Also saw Wes (Masterfab) and Gail (Mrs. Fabr).  I have to say corvair's green car is very nice, and you can't miss it out on the dunes.  But it is rather hard to catch on a banshee.  ;D  BTW, not corvair powered!  I really liked Doug's Barracuda.  It's always different seeing things in person to get a feel for the size etc.  The Cuda looks very agressive, and looked like it handled the sand very well.  Enemy was living up to his reputation for driving style.  The turbo was definately doing its job keeping the front wheels in the air through 3rd and 4th gear for the longest mid-engined wheely I have ever seen.  ;D  I saw DS running around as well, but never ran him down.  Next time.

Unfortunately, I commited the ultimate party foul.  No Camera.

Apparently the wind had blown earlier in the week, the dunes were higher and more peaked than I have ever seen them.  But the buggies seemed to be handling them well.  Time to get to work on the project.  :)

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »
It was a great Time. I just got back this evening (16hr. drive 1 way). It was great to meet all of you and Im looking forward to a fall trip.

Enemy! Your a cool cat! That busa car is somthing fierce and I sure appreciated the seat time in it as does my brother. Definatly need to do it again. Most fun I have had in the dunes ever!

Brian, your a cool cat too! Definatly was a blast having you let me wheelie your machine off the dune face! What a whole different animal from what Im used to. Awesome Car! Thanks for using my brother as balast to balance the car. I know he enjoyed it!

Glenn, Your a hell of a guy to lead as I know Enemy and Master will agree. That was the funnest time I hever had in that Cuda. It really allowed me to push it to some limits and Im very happy with how it kept up to the bigger cars. Your car is one of my favorites. The overall detail in your work is phenominal! Great meeting you and look forward to future get togethers. Be sure to think over that graffics idea I tossed at you!

Carl, Wish we had more time to hang out but your a great guy in person and I look forward to getting to know you more and meet up again in the future! I know time was an issue.

Adam. great shop resources you have and I was glad to meet you as well. Part collection is looking great and meeting up with you was a breeze. 1-2 miles off the hwy! Well get together in the future for sure! LS is a 10 HR trip from your town BTW!

Last but not least. Master. What can I say? Your that guy that keeps a smile on everyones face with always giving us somthing to laugh at or talk about. Was a great plesure and look forward to it again. I dont care what anyone says about you. Your more than alright!

Again guys great trip and I look forward to it again!

Ill have pics and videos up soon I hope!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »
Great to hear you had a great time. I enjoyed the shit out of all you guys!!!!  I can't wait till the fall get together. All the guys are a very cool bunch! I know enemy got quite the ridge running lesson as did Doug following Fastcorvairs! LOL!!! Enemy was PUMPED up! I had the greatest time seeing him have so much fun! Ds gave me a bit of seat time as enemy also offered . Thanks guys! As I told both of you though I don't really feel right beating up on others stuff. WHen I took the wife for a spin in DS's car I thought I was just goofing around. She told me I was worse than DS! LOL!!! Just didn't wheelie it over the rise. Engineer,I really wish we could have a bit more time to BS before you had to leave.  Sorry about that!  Nice to meet your brother also.  Fast corvairs ,we'll really have to meet again!!! I know enemy really enjoyed the ridge lesson. Hehehehe.  Doug post up some of those sunset pics!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2009, 01:12:25 AM »
Always nice to walk in the front door after a bit of time away..BUT DAMN!!!! I didn't want that trip to end! :'(

This has been thee BEST DAMN time I have ever had at Little Sahara guys! (and gal Mrs. Fabr!!) . I have never had such a blast running the dunes while being educated at the same time.

Dear Glenn,
  Just need to let you know that you found a new little brother. I am going to become that annoying little shit of a brother that just wont leave you alone, ya know? The one that is going to shadow your every move over every dune you hit from here until the end of time. So for now all I need from you is your COMPLETE dunning schedule for at least the next ten years (for starters) and your mailing address to send you some front end pics of my car to cut and glue to your rear view mirrors...ya know, to get used to your new dune stalker!

Love,
Enemy
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Damn Glenn!!!  SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!  :D I have to thank you for the lesson on the ridges, I learned so much from chasing you and that wicked car of yours around the park (you gotta see this car in person people!! bitchin' ride!!) I am still giddy!! Can't thank ya enough!

Wes! Thanks for the help on the car chasing down my little lean spot. Only 8 more cleanings to go! Also good to know I can keep people entertained by acting like a giggling little school boy. :laugh:

Doug!! Bud, I had plenty of time on the way home to try and come up with a reason NOT to drive out to your stomping grounds and tear it up.... I sure as hell couldn't come up with one. I'll have to beat my DTS flag from DS, but we will have them flying! (I'll get him up there too, just watch..lol) You have built yourself one HELL of a car. I just wish there were a few more hours in the trip to raise some more hell with ya!! Cant wait to see the pics >:D:m

Engineer!! For it only being a few hours to hang out I had a blast! I hope the fall trip can better get us tearing it up some more! (I know of a good wheelie spot.. :P) I dont know who was laughing harder after that run...me, or Fabr laughing at me laughing..

Best trip ever for me guys, cant wait for the next gathering!!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2009, 07:51:31 AM »
Ill meet up with anyone any time if they want to make a Silver Lake trip. Little Sahara is IMO has alot more to offer and its nice that you never need to load up the buggy after every day. There is some BS about SL the LS does not deal with. The night riding is awesome too.

Silver lake does have that directional area and the whole park is not direction like some think. Its only where it should be. I actually wish LS had a directional area for safty reasons. Its easier to give it harder over a dune when you know someone is not comming over the other side.

I have 150 pics and Im working on the videos. Here are a few pics to hold you over for now.... HAPPY EASTER!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal