Author Topic: april trip to LS ok  (Read 24088 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: april trip to LS ok
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »
They have pickle juice on them.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2009, 07:01:04 PM »
I reserved #41 just SW of ya Fabr (the other hill, far south end) Three more days !!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2009, 07:25:59 PM »
How many days you staying? Have they lifted the burn ban yet?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »
The wife and I are prob. gonna head out early Sat. morning, and I believe I have 3 or 4 buddies going out as well.  Doubt we'll be spending the night, so maybe I can find somewhere to park the truck/trailer for the day if they're not too packed, which i'm hoping they're not since the big weekend is next weekend.........
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 07:56:31 PM by Yoshi »

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2009, 07:53:40 PM »
I guess Ill miss you Yoshi. Im heading out either Friday late night or early sat morning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2009, 07:18:02 AM »
I guess Ill miss you Yoshi. Im heading out either Friday late night or early sat morning.

Doug
Yoshi is only about 2.5 hours away for LS.  Ifen he gets out by 8:00am, he'll be to LS by 10:30 or so.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2009, 07:35:19 AM »
How many days you staying? Have they lifted the burn ban yet?
I was told the burn ban is lifted. (unfortunately, I burned the last wood I have this weekend, so I have none to bring.. :-[) I'm staying till Sunday Morning. I have a crew of 7 coming down with me. Some or the DS crew got there yesterday to an empty park with ALL of the state campsites reserved with empty tents. I guess there is a new law that says you can grab sites two weeks before snakehunt....BS!!!!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43:58 AM »
I was told the burn ban is lifted. (unfortunately, I burned the last wood I have this weekend, so I have none to bring.. :-[) I'm staying till Sunday Morning. I have a crew of 7 coming down with me. Some or the DS crew got there yesterday to an empty park with ALL of the state campsites reserved with empty tents. I guess there is a new law that says you can grab sites two weeks before snakehunt....BS!!!!

Enemy

Clark Bliss is the wood guy.  He will come thru the park with a load of fire wood every day.  Good price too.  Check with Clark and Karen Bliss they run the bunk house in town.  They have and opening some times.  I don't think they will Snake weekend but mite try.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2009, 07:59:07 AM »
Doug
Yoshi is only about 2.5 hours away for LS.  Ifen he gets out by 8:00am, he'll be to LS by 10:30 or so.
3 hours and 15 min., and doug can always leave early for the trip and stop by on his way to the dunes if if wants, i'll be working all week.....

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2009, 09:24:03 AM »
3 hours and 15 min., and doug can always leave early for the trip and stop by on his way to the dunes if if wants, i'll be working all week.....

Damm Yoshi you have a mule die on that mule train you pull with?  You got that turnpike 85 MPH all the way to 35 HWY.  3.5hr's? 

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2009, 10:30:25 AM »
Damm Yoshi you have a mule die on that mule train you pull with?  You got that turnpike 85 MPH all the way to 35 HWY.  3.5hr's?
It's 198 miles from my door step until I pull into the park.  I do about 75 most of the way (no sense it blowing more on gas to get somewhere 30 or so min. early), and there are 3 towns I drive through that are 25/30 mph for a while.  I also stop in Enid for about 15 min. to fill up and stretch the legs, which is exactly 2 hours after leaving the shop, and 1 hour from the dunes......

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »
LOL!!! fast has never driven from tulsa to LS before has he,hmmmm? That way takes forever.I only did it once. NEVER EVER again.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2009, 01:20:02 PM »
LOL!!! fast has never driven from tulsa to LS before has he,hmmmm? That way takes forever.I only did it once. NEVER EVER again.

Had a Friend that use to go down 35HWY and then take that road over to Alva OKC that go's by the prison.  Haven't seen him since.  Story is he stopped to pick up a couple of hitch hiker's.   ;D ;D

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »
Yah I made the mistake of thinking it might be faster to take 135 down, then cut straight across on some crappy road, and through a bunch of little towns.  Only added an hour to the trip.  Highway 61 is gold when coming from the north.

We have tried many routes, but when coming from the north get off I-135 just past Mcpherson onto highway 61 take that to hutchinson, then to Preston where you turn south on little 2 lane to Cairo, then Isabel, where you jog back about 1 mile east.  Then Medicine Lodge, then Hardtner, Alva and Waynoka.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »
Yah I made the mistake of thinking it might be faster to take 135 down, then cut straight across on some crappy road, and through a bunch of little towns.  Only added an hour to the trip.  Highway 61 is gold when coming from the north.

We have tried many routes, but when coming from the north get off I-135 just past Mcpherson onto highway 61 take that to hutchinson, then to Preston where you turn south on little 2 lane to Cairo, then Isabel, where you jog back about 1 mile east.  Then Medicine Lodge, then Hardtner, Alva and Waynoka.

Yea, we use to do the same thing..man does that drive across on 64 SUCK!! I tried  156 off of 70 the last trip, seemed to work out pretty good. Just as long as there is no construction going on anywhere!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal