Author Topic: april trip to LS ok  (Read 24173 times)

Offline Yoshi

Re: april trip to LS ok
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2009, 08:06:25 AM »
We HEAR that a lot.
lol, this is the first trip I didn't make it when I said I was gonna go (although I have pretty much always been late as hell when I actually do show up, lol), and I only missed this one do to technical difficulties, I was trying to get loaded up Sat. morning...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2009, 08:17:50 AM »
They say the memory is the first thing to go as you get older. ;) ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »
Don't feel bad yoshi. The flu bug sidelined me for the trip. October will happen puking or not.  :u :u
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SPEC

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »
I'll bring ya a bucket.....
And some chicken soup :o

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »

Little Sahara, sometime in september,,,You could prolly ride with me down or join in the convoy ;D
Getting married on the 26th, was wondering if I could use this for a honeymoon if it all works out with the miss?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2009, 06:21:45 PM »
I think it's mid Oct. Ask DS about the date.It's his group that will decide but I don't know when they will set the date. It can still be really hot in Sept. Oct is better usually.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2009, 10:10:45 PM »
Well, the sand was Awesome at little Sahara.  I could only make it down for a few hours on Friday.  I enjoyed meeting Glenn (Fastcorvairs), John (Enemy) and Doug Heim.  Also saw Wes (Masterfab) and Gail (Mrs. Fabr).  I have to say corvair's green car is very nice, and you can't miss it out on the dunes.  But it is rather hard to catch on a banshee.  ;D  BTW, not corvair powered!  I really liked Doug's Barracuda.  It's always different seeing things in person to get a feel for the size etc.  The Cuda looks very agressive, and looked like it handled the sand very well.  Enemy was living up to his reputation for driving style.  The turbo was definately doing its job keeping the front wheels in the air through 3rd and 4th gear for the longest mid-engined wheely I have ever seen.  ;D  I saw DS running around as well, but never ran him down.  Next time.

Unfortunately, I commited the ultimate party foul.  No Camera.

Apparently the wind had blown earlier in the week, the dunes were higher and more peaked than I have ever seen them.  But the buggies seemed to be handling them well.  Time to get to work on the project.  :)

ya know Engineer, when you were over a dougs campsite talking to him I was 40' away drinking a beer talking with a few friends I hadn't seen in a while. when doug walked up and said that was you I turned around and you were already gone. never did catch up with you, will have to this fall. I was thinking a trip around the first week of Oct say sat or sun thru wendsday. does that sound good?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

artie on edge

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »
Gee I envy you guys the opportunities you have with regards to this stuff. Our guys on the west coast have some dune access but we dont even have dunes of any kind on my side of the country.

Great pics, glad you all had a ball!

:-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »
ya know Engineer, when you were over a dougs campsite talking to him I was 40' away drinking a beer talking with a few friends I hadn't seen in a while. when doug walked up and said that was you I turned around and you were already gone. never did catch up with you, will have to this fall. I was thinking a trip around the first week of Oct say sat or sun thru wendsday. does that sound good?

You didn't have your black flag on!  I must have had brain fade.  I dunno how I didn't notice your car.

Whatever date works for me, someone just needs to decide and put it on the calander.  Are there any big weekends to hit or stay clear of in the fall after labor day?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »
doug where's the video's? 
It sure was nice of you to take a pic of my rail don't ya know, a!  ;D ;D  lol I had a blast even with that nasty sand storm, can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!! 

I am real sorry I missed the driving lesson from glenn :( how about you let me in on the action next time glenn  ;D?  also I might have to try out one of those inline shifters can you post a link for them for my 091 transaxle pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. glen that is one hell of a rail you put together, NICE JOB man!!!!!!!!

doug thanks for letting me get a little seat time in your rail I do miss the bike motors alot! that is a nice machine you built! I might have to build me a single seat msp and keep the v-6 for leisure drives. that was a blast, hope to see you guys down there again and if you do make a fall trip the weather is a whole lot better than that was!

masterfaber ;D  you said and I quote don't scare the wife or she might hit me, so I was nothing but nice. just hard enough to get her to grab the handle but not scream  ;D  and then what did you do (besides roosting her on the quad  :o lol !) you went and did it yourself, way to go lol  ;D. that was funny when you stopped and she said you need to get out and I need to get back in because you were pushing harder. I just about hit the ground laughing!!!!!!  I didn't get a chance to take you for a run so I figured the next best thing was to let you scare the miss's from behind the wheel, better you get hit than me!

that was fun we all need to do it again. jumping back and forth from north to south campsites ate up alot of time for me so next time we all need to camp together or just meet up on the dunes but I will be over at the cowboy camp for sure, if not for any other reason the it's quieter and out the gate you are at the big dunes right off the bat. I was thinking about the first week of oct that is as long as there is no fall break or special event or party week or anyother what ever going on. I was thinking maybe sat or sun thru wensday of the first full week of oct, how does that sound?

dunebound you think you can make it this time w/o the flu bug?  I might need someone to pull me in lol ( ya missed a good time ) and after the stories I heard about glenn running the the ridges I don't want him towing me back like that  :o ;D lol! YOSHI mark this date on your calender, set time aside and make sure you have a rail ready ( this next time ) lets go ride!!!!!!

last but not least enemy!!!! ya I got to be the first to say it , god I wish I would have been on the dunes with the camcorder when you rolled that redline revolt! lmao lol  ;D.
 those are the most unstable things I have seen in a quite a while. by the next night the guys that brought them down to promote them flipped one end for end and the kids rolled two more about the same time!       
that was a fun trip, had a blast but I should have spent more time on the dunes with you and doug rather than drinking beer and shooting the breeze at the other site! next time for sure we need to get a few hill shot competitions and wheelie comps a few trail runs with out the bark embedded in my tire  ;D lol, I knew I wasn't going to fit between those trees but I made it.  :o
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:10:24 PM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2009, 11:09:04 PM »
You didn't have your black flag on!  I must have had brain fade.  I dunno how I didn't notice your car.

Whatever date works for me, someone just needs to decide and put it on the calander.  Are there any big weekends to hit or stay clear of in the fall after labor day?

I can tell you that you don't want to go down over fall break or Halloween unless you like an over crowded park and a bunch of drunk kids on quads! I don't think you could've seen my rail from over there and ya I didn't get the flag put on as a matter of fact I still havn't unloaded them out of the trailer. I've been feeling a little ill the last 2 days. I don't think the sun burn is helping any!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2009, 06:05:02 AM »
It sure was nice of you to take a pic of my rail don't ya know, a!  ;D ;D  lol I had a blast even with that nasty sand storm, can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!! 

I am real sorry I missed the driving lesson from glenn :( how about you let me in on the action next time glenn  ;D?  also I might have to try out one of those inline shifters can you post a link for them for my 091 transaxle pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. glen that is one hell of a rail you put together, NICE JOB man!!!!!!!!

doug thanks for letting me get a little seat time in your rail I do miss the bike motors alot! that is a nice machine you built! I might have to build me a single seat msp and keep the v-6 for leisure drives. that was a blast, hope to see you guys down there again and if you do make a fall trip the weather is a whole lot better than that was!

masterfaber ;D  you said and I quote don't scare the wife or she might hit me, so I was nothing but nice. just hard enough to get her to grab the handle but not scream  ;D  and then what did you do (besides roosting her on the quad  :o lol !) you went and did it yourself, way to go lol  ;D. that was funny when you stopped and she said you need to get out and I need to get back in because you were pushing harder. I just about hit the ground laughing!!!!!! I didn't get a chance to take you for a run so I figured the next best thing was to let you scare the miss's from behind the wheel, better you get hit than me!

that was fun we all need to do it again. jumping back and forth from north to south campsites ate up alot of time for me so next time we all need to camp together or just meet up on the dunes but I will be over at the cowboy camp for sure, if not for any other reason the it's quieter and out the gate you are at the big dunes right off the bat. I was thinking about the first week of oct that is as long as there is no fall break or special event or party week or anyother what ever going on. I was thinking maybe sat or sun thru wensday of the first full week of oct, how does that sound?

dunebound you think you can make it this time w/o the flu bug?  I might need someone to pull me in lol ( ya missed a good time ) and after the stories I heard about glenn running the the ridges I don't want him towing me back like that  :o ;D lol! YOSHI mark this date on your calender, set time aside and make sure you have a rail ready ( this next time ) lets go ride!!!!!!

last but not least enemy!!!! ya I got to be the first to say it , god I wish I would have been on the dunes with the camcorder when you rolled that redline revolt! lmao lol  ;D.
 those are the most unstable things I have seen in a quite a while. by the next night the guys that brought them down to promote them flipped one end for end and the kids rolled two more about the same time!       
that was a fun trip, had a blast but I should have spent more time on the dunes with you and doug rather than drinking beer and shooting the breeze at the other site! next time for sure we need to get a few hill shot competitions and wheelie comps a few trail runs with out the bark embedded in my tire  ;D lol, I knew I wasn't going to fit between those trees but I made it.  :o
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Wait till I have my own there. ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2009, 07:43:48 AM »

masterfaber ;D  you said and I quote don't scare the wife or she might hit me, so I was nothing but nice. just hard enough to get her to grab the handle but not scream  ;D  and then what did you do (besides roosting her on the quad  :o lol !) you went and did it yourself, way to go lol  ;D. that was funny when you stopped and she said you need to get out and I need to get back in because you were pushing harder. I just about hit the ground laughing!!!!!!  I didn't get a chance to take you for a run so I figured the next best thing was to let you scare the miss's from behind the wheel, better you get hit than me!

Damm DS I spoke out of line again. Just went to AJ's webb page and they do not offer the in line shifter for the 091 unless you have the bug convertion nosecone on it.   AJ SPEED SHIFT SYSTEM

TRANSWORKS IS PROUD TO BE A DEALER FOR THE AJ SPEED SHIFT SYSTEM, THE SLICKEST SHIFTING SYSTEM EVER INVENTED. IT CONVERTS ANY TYPE I VW, MENDEOLA MD4-E, OR MD4-2D TO A SEQUENTIAL SHIFT PATTERN, LIKE A MOTORCYCLE. IT IS A HYDRAULIC UNIT THAT IS ESPECIALLY NICE FOR MID ENGINE APPLICATIONS. ARE YOU TIRED OF PLAYING GO FISH FOR GEARS WITH AN AWKWARD MECHANICAL ROD OR CABLE SHIFT SYSTEM? NOW YOU CAN THROW ALL THAT AWAY AND INSTALL THE AJ SHIFTER UNIT WHEREVER YOU WANT. YOU SIMPLY RUN 2 HYDRAULIC LINES (STANDARD BRAKE TUBING WITH 1/8" FITTINGS) FROM THE SHIFTER UNIT TO THE CONVERTER UNIT, WHICH REPLACES THE STOCK NOSE CONE, AND YOU'RE READY TO ROLL WITH NO MORE HUNTING FOR GEARS. IF YOU LIKE THE SAND DRAGS, IMAGINE HOW QUICKLY AND EASILY IT WILL BE TO GRAB THE NEXT GEAR. YOU CAN PLUMB THE SYSTEM TO PUSH THE SHIFTER FORWARD TO SHIFT UP AND PULL BACK TO SHIFT DOWN, OR VICE VERSA, WHICHEVER YOU PREFER.

THE AJ SYSTEM IS BEAUTIFULLY FINISHED IN A NICE CONTRAST OF HIGHLY POLISHED ALUMINUM AND SILVER-GRAY METALLIC POWDER COAT. IT COMES WITH THE SHIFTER AND CONVERTER UNITS COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED AND READY TO INSTALL. DETAILED INSTALLATION AND BLEEDING INSTRUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED, AND INSTALLATION IS VERY SIMPLE. AJ IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON A CONVERTER SYSTEM THAT WILL WORK WITH OUR MD4-2D MAINSHAFT BEARING UPGRADE. WATCH THIS PAGE FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS ON THAT.

A J SPEED SHIFT SYSTEM                                  $1495.00

NOW INCLUDES PREVIOUSLY OPTIONAL REVERSE LOCKOUT SYSTEM! 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
Are you saying that there is a way to use the ajshifter on an 091? Tell me more!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »
Damn Fabr, you want to adopt me so I can use your equipment and siphon off your wallet? 
This post has been edited due to content.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal