Author Topic: april trip to LS ok  (Read 24157 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: april trip to LS ok
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »

Damn Glenn!!!  SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!  :D I have to thank you for the lesson on the ridges, Best trip ever for me guys, cant wait for the next gathering!!

First let me say thank you all for the positive comments.
Second is I can finally say that a lesson I learned was put to good use.
Watch one, Learn one, Teach all.

I learned my driving style back in the ninety's when I had the golden opportunity to follow a group of minny buggy's from Seattel Washington while on a trip to St Anthony Idaho. 

Third Is I had the best run at LS that I have had in last decade.  You guy's all are great pepole to be around and I am so glad I could teach my driving style.  I do have to apologise to Engineer and his Friend for breaking a golden rule that should not brushed under the rug.  I did not circle back after I lost site of you two while we were running to make sure you were ok not just lost in Doug's roost. ;D  That is the number one rule for anyone leading a group.  That said on with the thread. 

Enemy thank you for not totally running off and hiding from my heavyweight and making me look to foolish.  I was ringing the shit out of the old Short Star to stay up.  I'll take them pic's to paste on my mirror's, I am so up for getting started on a minny busa build.  Master get your sheet together and getter done. Mr's Faber Mr Faber can't come out to play until the new car is done. Iff-en you want some it'll have to be while your bent over the main frame rail of the buggy and Master is turning and wrenching.  ;D ;D ;D ;D  We all need to see how the 091 is going to ring out.  I will for sure keep you all posted as to my dune schedule for the year.  Right now I am trying to get my car out of the trailer and cleaned up for the five Day trip back down to LS next week for Snake Hunt week end.  It's raining cat's and dogs here right now. 

DS! was good talking to you as well I am looking at changing my bottom transfer arm's to steel just for and extra margin of safety. My shocks are mounted high as yours were. 

Again Enemy I will keep in mind the graphics's we talked about. They would be pretty neat.

Once again a big thank's to all for a really cool day at LS. So looking foward to doing it again real soon.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
We ALL had a great time. Too bad it was so short. Welllll,NEXT TIME will be here soon. I'm sure we are all glad we got on the road before the rain hit.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »
And ya That's not a vair in the green car. 

Here is the vair.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
First let me say thank you all for the positive comments.
Second is I can finally say that a lesson I learned was put to good use.
Watch one, Learn one, Teach all.

I learned my driving style back in the ninety's when I had the golden opportunity to follow a group of minny buggy's from Seattel Washington while on a trip to St Anthony Idaho. 

Third Is I had the best run at LS that I have had in last decade.  You guy's all are great pepole to be around and I am so glad I could teach my driving style.  I do have to apologise to Engineer and his Friend for breaking a golden rule that should not brushed under the rug.  I did not circle back after I lost site of you two while we were running to make sure you were ok not just lost in Doug's roost. ;D  That is the number one rule for anyone leading a group.  That said on with the thread. 

Enemy thank you for not totally running off and hiding from my heavyweight and making me look to foolish.  I was ringing the shit out of the old Short Star to stay up.  I'll take them pic's to paste on my mirror's, I am so up for getting started on a minny busa build.  Master get your sheet together and getter done. Mr's Faber Mr Faber can't come out to play until the new car is done. Iff-en you want some it'll have to be while your bent over the main frame rail of the buggy and Master is turning and wrenching.  ;D ;D ;D ;D  We all need to see how the 091 is going to ring out. I will for sure keep you all posted as to my dune schedule for the year.  Right now I am trying to get my car out of the trailer and cleaned up for the five Day trip back down to LS next week for Snake Hunt week end.  It's raining cat's and dogs here right now. 

DS! was good talking to you as well I am looking at changing my bottom transfer arm's to steel just for and extra margin of safety. My shocks are mounted high as yours were. 

Again Enemy I will keep in mind the graphics's we talked about. They would be pretty neat.

Once again a big thank's to all for a really cool day at LS. So looking foward to doing it again real soon.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
LOL!!!!! that's funny!!!   Soon grasashopper you will see 091,well pretty soon. ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »

I thought we all decided on the pickle theme that I had mentioned?

Here is a link to all the pics I took on this trip...
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/WH1TETIGER/LS%20Spring%202009/

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2009, 10:44:38 PM »
At least someone brought their camera!  Great pics Doug.

No problem Glen.  We should have let you know we were heading out.  I hope you didn't look for us long.  I had a technical issue with some sand under a contact, from running behind 3 buggies hauling ass.  ;D  Once that was remedied we were to beat to try and catch up, so we headed for the gate. 

My brother worked 3rd shift, and I picked him up as soon as he got home.  When I  got him back home he had to shower and head back to work.  ;D  He is always game for 36 hours with no sleep for a dune run.  ;D  It was a great time.

You weren't kidding about the size of choke cherry at St Anthony's.  That pic you posted is just crazy.

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2009, 11:52:04 PM »
where and when is the fall ride?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2009, 06:17:18 AM »

That was a miss quote.  That was your idea Doug.  I talked  ;D ;D ;D to so many new people Friday I got Doug and Enemy mixed up. :-[ :-[ :-[ My bad.  I am researching some art on it now. Need to come up with some really bad looking little pickle dude's.  OK we let the cat out of the bag Spec. Sorry for mix up. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2009, 06:19:32 AM »

Ya when???????? LS I'm sure.

SPEC

« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2009, 06:20:42 AM »

Little Sahara, sometime in september,,,You could prolly ride with me down or join in the convoy ;D

SPEC

« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2009, 06:23:54 AM »
That was a miss quote.  That was your idea Doug.  I talked  ;D ;D ;D to so many new people Friday I got Doug and Enemy mixed up. :-[ :-[ :-[ My bad.  I am researching some art on it now. Need to come up with some really bad looking little pickle dude's.  OK we let the cat out of the bag Spec. Sorry for mix up.

ff:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2009, 06:34:03 AM »
Ds and his group are planning for LS  mid October I think. We DO need to do it again.I think all had a great time.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »

Gee,doug,too bad you didn't get any shots of your car. ;D ;D Nice pics!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2009, 07:43:24 AM »
 I have 3 shake down runs on the new built/turbo setup that will be be starting in about a month or less, as well as some other shake down runs for other projects, so we'll prob. be out there quite a bit this year..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:04:55 AM by Yoshi »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2009, 07:46:36 AM »
We HEAR that a lot.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal