Author Topic: Fast and the crew Yuma 2017/2018  (Read 6439 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Fast and the crew Yuma 2017/2018
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 06:50:01 AM »
Well it's time for 934's the 930's are just not holding up to the HP. This is the second time I have taken out one this season.  Yes I had just pulled out one of the group that had been down in a hole and was getting ready to pull him out of another hole he was in when it let go.   Yes I was on the rev limiter in low when it exploded.  This was and RCV best of the best CV's and the axle was brand new 300M from ProAm.  It took out the axle too. Maybe five trips on them.  I don't have pictures of the axle but here is the carnage on the CV.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 07:00:17 AM »
I might add that I'm in the market for a sequential S4.  I plan on going through the whole car just as soon as I get home this year.  I'm sourcing the nine thirty fours now and will have them already on.  I plan on rebuilding the back half of the car completely.  It never has been right.  I'll have a nice Mendy with a Deco case for sale for sure.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 08:02:28 AM »
well you are just in the power range or i should putting the power range to the ground that exceeds the 930's capabilities......how much for the 2d? post it or text me as i may be interested.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 08:03:16 AM »
like i said on the phone  ;D you could always just de tune the engine a bit  ;D rofl ;) ;)    still can't say that with a straight face lol
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:18:41 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 08:23:55 AM »
after my last dealings with rcv i can honestly say i have lost faith in there quality! dunebound69 sat down and figured out why they won't bend the 28* they advertise using a chinese empi cv to compare. they don't clearance the outer housing enough where the cage can hit which in turn puts a bind in the star. i never called and told them that as supposed experts they should know but as long as they can get 1 cv to turn at that angle on there lathe as they showed in the video they sent , well then in there mind it is as advertised. i still wonder if fast's cv started to slightly bind and began grinding itself to death which sent it out the door but none the less he is putting down some tq at out of that motor.

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 08:24:42 AM »
Wow, that is some torn up parts.  The S4 and 934's sound like what you need. 

How did you guys get the two buggy's out?  How far out were you? 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 08:27:06 AM »
and btw dunebound 69 did sit down with a spindle sander and clearanced the inner ears of the outer housing. we then bolted that cv to my trans and axle as i had it apart then spun it by hand at 27* with no issues. far cry from 24* with a tick of bind before. they rate that at 28* and claim there clearanced fo 31*. nope

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2018, 08:30:05 AM »
I just went thru my RCV's before Glamis.  The stars were pitted bad on the drive side and the outer race was starting to roll material over the edge.  I cleaned them up and reversed the star to run on the good side.  I had 4 years on them with my little subi.  Figure I can run 4 more years then new ones required.  I may just go back to some good german GKN's. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
Wow, that is some torn up parts.  The S4 and 934's sound like what you need. 

How did you guys get the two buggy's out?  How far out were you?

We were one hill from Patton.  We tried three times to pull me out with lou's v8 car but could not. I was stuck on a up hill and we were just burying the v8 car.  I had Jerry go home and get me a cv and we put it in and I drove t he car out. Buy the time Jerry got back from Yuma with the CV I had  dug the car out so I was not so stuck.   

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 09:39:59 AM »
well that sux. I know the feeling. Next time there I wont feel quite so bad if I get into trouble again and need pulled out. You guys were so helpful and I felt sooooo bad for screwing up the day for the guys-twice.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal