Author Topic: Another great Veterans day get to gather.  (Read 3244 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Another great Veterans day get to gather.
« on: November 09, 2014, 07:45:23 AM »
Warm sunny southern California Vets day done gone by. We had a wonderful time at the ceremony yesterday as usual. Met at TinyTim's camp for a pancake breakfast and then on out to the Flag pole ceremony.  Wife and I unloaded the new car at Gordons Well and blasted up sand hwy.  New car rides like a dream and the new power on corn is astronomical.  John at OutFront tuned it out to the tune of somewhere south of 650 HP at the crank and 440 HP at the rear wheels.  Boost come's in below 1500 rpm and the car just rockits.   See if you can find my car in the pictures. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Another great Veterans day get to gather.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 07:59:45 AM »
i only see 1 solid yellow rail and it's second to last row far left?  what did you rail dyno out at before the corn fuel?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 08:00:47 AM »
and your new 6 cyl suby is that the 3.0 6'er or the larger one? stock cam? what mods have been done to the stock motor?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:13:27 AM »
and your new 6 cyl suby is that the 3.0 6'er or the larger one? stock cam? what mods have been done to the stock motor?

3.0 Small chain subi. All stock components.  Nothing has been done to the engine other then the t3/t4 turbo and electronic boost controler. Turbo is small for this engine so it will come in early.  If I went to a larger turbo I would get more power at a sacrifice of lower end response.  Sand HWY at 3000 rpm is 70 mph on the Lorance.   
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:18:11 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:20:12 AM »
would a cam change do anything for the motor like it did for your last suby?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 08:25:42 AM »
would a cam change do anything for the motor like it did for your last suby?

Mite think about that if and when this motor lay's down on me.  440 to the ground is a hand full.  don't know if I really need much more.   LMAO Sarcasm

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 08:29:24 AM »
not saying YOU need more power   ;D ;)  but just wondering.  so is the miss's still liking the hood? did you put the windshield on while you were over there riding?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »
how far is 616 E Highway 36
Smith Center, KS  from ya? only ask cause there is a camper manufacturer called excel there that builds a line of toyhaulers
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:33:38 AM by Dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 08:35:08 AM »
looks like deano and shane pass right by it when they drive down to the dunes, almost straight south of kearney neb       

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 09:11:55 AM »
how far is 616 E Highway 36
Smith Center, KS  from ya? only ask cause there is a camper manufacturer called excel there that builds a line of toyhaulers

Your closer.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »
not saying YOU need more power   ;D ;)  but just wondering.  so is the miss's still liking the hood? did you put the windshield on while you were over there riding?

Put windshield in for the run up sand hwy yesterday and the car ran hot.  Even acted like a heater, let the air blow all the engine heat around the seats into the passenger compartment. Took it out and left it in Tim's toy hauler for him to take home. i Will make a run down to okc to pick it up when I get the time.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 09:18:08 AM »
Loving the Lowrance. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 10:23:33 AM »
looks like you had a blast!

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 02:49:25 PM »
ds  i do not go through smith center ,i shoot in to Downs then back to 281

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal