Author Topic: St Anthony 2014  (Read 5824 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
St Anthony 2014
« on: January 08, 2014, 08:10:10 AM »
OK guys.  Looks like the DTS get together in the spring is going to interfere with our Idaho trip.  I think the second week of June is the date's that some of our California people have set up to meet us up there.  SandVW can chime in here.  Have a new guy that is helping run the Sand Dunes park this year.  I have talked to him and he said that the owner was willing to deal with a group so I am starting to get the quest list up and going.  I know DS has said that the best time for him was the summer months.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: St Anthony 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
Let me know  firm dates for St.A.   so I can use my days up already paid for.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 10:05:52 AM »
OK guys.  Looks like the DTS get together in the spring is going to interfere with our Idaho trip.  I think the second week of June is the date's that some of our California people have set up to meet us up there.  SandVW can chime in here.  Have a new guy that is helping run the Sand Dunes park this year.  I have talked to him and he said that the owner was willing to deal with a group so I am starting to get the quest list up and going.  I know DS has said that the best time for him was the summer months.

ds just has to try harder lol        ah i have a friend in utah that goes with a group  around july 19th every year for many years now and says the temps are usually 86* for highs or there abouts. i figure that trip is going to cost me $3k so 1 trip is all i can squeak out of my back side for st A!!  no i don't care when we go and i asked my friend if i went in oct or aug if he would just run up for 2 days or so since it's a 4 hr drive for him! wouldn't that be nice!!
carl talked right before school starts so idk i'm not picking dates this year and actually right before school starts would be easier for my this year due to work schedule this year.  just let me know and i'll do my best  ;D   and i'm not picking LS dates this year either so if the may ls date is a problem ....talk to enemy.....he set that up.... rofl rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 10:51:56 AM »
I'm 50/50 on St A.  So dont be waiting on me.  Think I may have some full face mask done up with the see thru window print/film with my pic on it.  Prob only way I'll make it this yr. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »
late summer might be best for me also. I'd really like to have new car,body and all,ready for St.A.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
our new save phace masks showed up today so I guess we're ready now  rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »
I think Don and I are the only 2 so far. I am planning on the weekend of the 12-15 June maybe. I would leave on the 11Th and ride on the 12Th-15Th and back on the 16Th. I drive it in 1 day up and 1 day back.

Don and I share a motel room so no camping for us.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »
I think Don and I are the only 2 so far. I am planning on the weekend of the 12-15 June maybe. I would leave on the 11Th and ride on the 12Th-15Th and back on the 16Th. I drive it in 1 day up and 1 day back.

When you gonna know for sure?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 05:23:47 AM »
When you gonna know for sure?

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 06:00:01 AM »
I read that carl,did you read the maybe part?  ??? ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 08:48:56 AM »
Let me put it this way. I am going to Idaho that weekend for sure for sure but depending on what happens at work will determine when I go up and when I come back. But again there is no Maybe on that weekend.
DAN

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:47 AM »
I see. Thanks!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »
Well the big Idaho trip is behind us and time to move onto something else.  As some of you mite already know the the trip was a total disaster for me, my trailer and my buggy. drowning drowning  Not to mention the wifes broken ankle that she sustained upon loading the TH at LS after the spring meet with all the DTS bunch.  Then there is the little item of just hours before I was the meet Jerry and his cousin at the rest stop just north of Wichita I had a throwout bearing go bad in the Dodge.  Jerry saved the day on that one and found a throwout bearing.   mm:Which I promptly went and got.  Jerry and myself worked like drunken sailors and had it in and running in about five hours. :nw Ok off to Idaho we go.  Got into western Kansas just east of Oakley and we get hit with 80 MPH side wind's and a tornado that played hell with my 21 foot awning and air conditioner covers on the trailer.  After a little out of the way driving to get us up to a manure plant so we could get out of the gale force wind to unfurl and fix the awning  1: we were on the road again only to have the wind pull the awning off again.  This time I drove on into Oakley and took the awning off and throwed it in the trash.  On we went.  Idaho he we come.  got into the camp grounds only to unload in a rain storm and cold weather.  Nighty low's down in the mid 30's day time high's 40 to 60 ish.   Burned five gal of fuel out of the buggy only to find I had a torn cv boot.  Spent the better part of the rest of the after noon and evening cleaning up the new cv and putting on the new boot.  OK OK i'm going to shorten up the story with the next day, I find I have cracked a piston or spun a rod bearing in the buggy got home and found that the trailer frame has bowed and the floor is separating from the walls.   violin violin.

Here are a couple of pictures of the mess and a cool six by that we had camped by. 

Going to try to upload a vid or two that I and Jerry took while there. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »
Well puu. Videos :b are to long I'll have to find and editor to shorten them up. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »
Had a fellow camp next to us that was not happy with his buggy.  I'll let you make the call.  nono. Not knocking anyones work but this guy said that this thing would not climb squat.  Road his side by side the whole time we were there. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal