Author Topic: 2014 L/S trips  (Read 29792 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: 2014 L/S trips
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2014, 10:04:04 PM »
holy crap sorry to hear that about mrs's fast!!!! tell her we said get healed up soon!  as far as the 3 on bikes well it's prob what they saw them do on the sand that caused that. maybe anyway but who knows.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2014, 10:05:10 PM »
fast is she going to just ride the chair for the st A trip?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2014, 05:20:36 AM »
fast is she going to just ride the chair for the st A trip?

I think I'll be going solo this trip.  Can't find off road tires for the the little scooter she'll have to be pushing around for the next eight weeks.  eyes

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »
I think I'll be going solo this trip.  Can't find off road tires for the the little scooter she'll have to be pushing around for the next eight weeks.  eyes

then get her a little rascal scooter and add NOS!!  rofl

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2014, 07:03:08 PM »
sand racer awesome video!!   those trails are a blast!  who's revolt is the one that pops little wheelies on take off at the beginning of the video? how many made it down in your group? i'm jealous cause that sand was 100x smoother than this week!! i saw what looked like 3 diff witch's eyes in you video glad no one hit them. some one ran the group through one in the trails on a night run!!  rofl rofl rofl  it tested everyone's suspension   rofl rofl

Thanks Ds. The one pulling the wheels was a first timer in our group. He just installed a 1050cc 3 cylinder Nytro sled motor. About 140-150 hp. It turns about 9200 revs. It hooks hard ass hell. It is 7" shorter than my xl and 150lbs lighter. He let me launch it for a few runs. It is a monster. I weigh a little more than him and I could lean forward in the seat and carry the front wheels about 50-75'. It is a cool feeling. The dunes were freaky for sure. The first day was definitely a scouting out day. We all ride pretty smart. But get dumber as the week goes on. The sand was SWEET!!!!!! I have never seen it so smooth and soft. I keep telling you guys I know how to pick the weeks. SEPT 12-21!!!! Maybe you will trust me this time. nono Those trails always test the suspension for sure.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »
looks good in the video and i posted those dates for all to consider and so far fast and i can do them at this point and prob enemy but dunebound has to check and no one else has chimed in yet but were going to try!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2014, 06:40:18 PM »
sandracer1 are your sept dates during sand fest ?

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2014, 10:08:41 PM »
Sorry to hear about Mrs. Fast ankle. I know all to well how much that sucks!
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2014, 06:39:37 PM »
sandracer1 are your sept dates during sand fest ?

Sandfest is Sept 12-14 but I will say it was dead dead dead last year. Labor day is the crazy weekend. I bet I only counted 40 vehicles last year during sandfest. It was good at night just enough people to have some fun trains to run the trails with. Jackson camp was full and some regulars filled the Dueces campground. It was a good time. And then we had all week to ourselves. The following weekend is a big Banshee drag race gathering but they all stay at the drag strip behind the big drag strip at the south camp entrance. They all stay at south camp.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »
your group just like to take chances on holiday weekends and party weekends huh? lol you should try an off week, you would like it much better.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2014, 07:12:41 AM »
We do ride off weekends. The whole May trip was an off week. Sandfest is not that crazy. We ride smart and are always watching the ones who don't. We don't generally drink or party too much and if we do we are not dunning for sure. You guys need some rzrs and revolts to slow you down anyway, maybe you all could go a few days without breaking. rofl or hitting a tree rofl or following each other over a dune rofl.
I am just saying, maybe you should try sandfest. We are there for 9 days so we will have 5 days of dead time during the week.
If I wanted crazy I would do snakehunt and Labor Day!!!!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2014, 07:38:30 AM »
memorial weekend must have been packed as well judging from all the tracks lol    the reason we go on off weeks is so we don't have to slow down  rofl rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2014, 09:04:13 AM »
We do ride off weekends. The whole May trip was an off week. Sandfest is not that crazy. We ride smart and are always watching the ones who don't. We don't generally drink or party too much and if we do we are not dunning for sure. You guys need some rzrs and revolts to slow you down anyway, maybe you all could go a few days without breaking. rofl or hitting a tree rofl or following each other over a dune rofl.
I am just saying, maybe you should try sandfest. We are there for 9 days so we will have 5 days of dead time during the week.
If I wanted crazy I would do snakehunt and Labor Day!!!!
Bwahahaha!!! WTH would we want to slow down??? ??? ???  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO  Maybe you guys just need to step it up a notch. You know,grow a pair.  ;D ;D ;D  It's all cool.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »
eeeeewh i smell a challenge  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO   it all fun no matter what but constantly having to swerve to miss people is not fun!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »
Ya, I much prefer no living obstacles.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal