Author Topic: 2014 L/S trips  (Read 29787 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: 2014 L/S trips
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
ya i won't ever go down to the dunes in june again that one trip was around 100* ambient so hotter on the sand and waaaaaaaaaaay to hot for this guy!!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2014, 10:08:35 AM »
sandracer1 do you have any pics to show those of us that couldn't make the trip?????????? don't hold out on us now   ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »
I'm loaded and packed. Well except for what I forgot, damnit now I won't sleep. Leaving about noon Sunday.

Buggy, quads, ice cream maker, hum......... Oh well I guess we can get rest there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:17:49 PM by Carlriddle »
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »
we'll see ya down there!! and i saw what your wife posted on facebook about enemy and myself!!  rofl rofl rofl like we're the bad influence    thumb down nono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

sand racer where are your trip pics?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 02:03:00 PM by Dsrace »

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2014, 05:07:01 AM »
Well nephew and I made good speed yest, stopped early
For a big diner and room. We should roll in about 1-2 today. Be safe all my fellow travelers today. See ya in the sand!!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »
Got the important stuff strapped down, now just playing the waiting game till morning!
I was just informed we may be having monkey bread and peach cobbler cooked in a Dutch Oven over a campfire sometime this week! Compliments of a 11 year old boy scout named Daven! He's getting pretty good with food and fires ;D
I mentioned to him that peach cobbler goes great over homemade vanilla ice cream and that there might POSSIBLY be some of the best on the planet down there.. He immediately started packing the fixins lol
Safe journey yall!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2014, 09:42:08 PM »
Oh snap, my nephew is a scout so they can meal plan!  Lol. Pretty
Good first day, all went well almost had a car sick first timer. He won't eat two burger then bounce in sand anymore. Now for a good night rest in a/c.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2014, 04:58:16 AM »
Oh snap, my nephew is a scout so they can meal plan!  Lol. Pretty
Good first day, all went well almost had a car sick first timer. He won't eat two burger then bounce in sand anymore. Now for a good night rest in a/c.

Stay safe Carl.  See you Wednesday. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2014, 06:30:21 AM »
Cooling prob seems to have been solved. No issues yest and Brian and I had a couple real good runs. Oil drip but since I'm less than 16 drips per minute I'm good!   LMAO

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2014, 09:39:52 AM »
OK I'm stuck at work, buggy not done yet, couldn't get off anyway and still no video from LS?  WTH?  We depend on you guys for a little indulgence and still nothing!  Come on where's the vids?  kick  :wwp:
You smell that?

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2014, 07:14:58 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixkRqpsWHg&feature=player_embedded

Hope this helps satisfy your itch.
We had a blast as usual. Sand was perfect. Crazy shapes and a little sketchy to figure them out on day 1 but we worked it out as you can see. I was the only one that broke. Last day broke a 5/8 grade 8 and the steering box doing 50mph. No harm no foul. Loaded up and it is fixed. Went riding last weekend here locally.

Lets see if you guys can make it sept 12-21
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:19:19 PM by sandracer1 »

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun!  Thanks for the fix!
You smell that?

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2014, 06:20:50 AM »
Nice vid! Looking forward to making the trip.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »
sand racer awesome video!!   those trails are a blast!  who's revolt is the one that pops little wheelies on take off at the beginning of the video? how many made it down in your group? i'm jealous cause that sand was 100x smoother than this week!! i saw what looked like 3 diff witch's eyes in you video glad no one hit them. some one ran the group through one in the trails on a night run!!  rofl rofl rofl  it tested everyone's suspension   rofl rofl

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2014, 03:11:13 PM »
Well all went well up until the end.  Was packing up Saturday night after finding my waste-gate had almost fallen off.  No big deal, I'll toss in a couple of thread inserts and it'll be good as new. Felt like I was not boosting while pulling John out from the fluffy quad trails and around a bowl or two.   Wondered why my boost was acting up. But that's not all. Almost had the trailer all packed up and the Wife tripped and broke her ankle.  We canceled are trip to Fort Worth TX and came on home Sunday morning.  But while the wife sat in the trailer with her foot up I was out setting on the trailer steps enjoying the night air.  All at once here came every park ranger and sheriff in wood's county and rousted the three young guys that had set up camp just to the south of us a crossed the road.   Don't know what it was all about but they found something in there truck and went through every item they had. They let them load all there bikes and break down camp before putting them in cuffs.  Sure would like to know what there probable cause was? boy's were not being loud or having a party.  Just out biking like everyone else. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:14:48 PM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal