Author Topic: LS Spring Gathering May 6-12/2013  (Read 19090 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: LS Spring Gathering May 6-12/2013
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2013, 10:14:32 PM »
Hope to finish putting my 2d trans back together in the morning.  Then get it back in the car and a trail run up the road and into the trailer by Monday afternoon.  hope to be in Cowboy by Tuesday sometime.  Icecream Wensday night. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
Buggy is ready except one cv boot?  One was diff and wouldn't fit.  New ones in tomm after lunch.  Trailer now has little kitchen,  ;D, full size fridge for moare refreshments.  Should be there Wed lunch, just in time for a quick run before ice cream.  Now to throw some undies, 1 pair of shorts, and some flip flops in a bag.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2013, 10:20:07 PM »
Rear end alignment done, sort of. I need to replace the heim joints. Lot of slack in there. Dang things are only 8 years old.  Don't have enough joints or time to get done. So I will ride a little out of shape. Power drain found. Some dumb s#$t put a constant hot lead to what was to be a switched terminal on a relay, opps. Trailer is clean thanks to my helper. Tomorrow looks to be a packing day. Rolling out Monday AM, shooting for 8 or 9 at the latest. Puts me at LS around 5 if I do not have to stop at Wally world in Alva.

Everyone drive safe!

May God get us all there and back again safely.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2013, 06:58:27 AM »
I heard there was ice cream on Wednesday night. I was talking with the wood guy and he said he would eat my share. Be careful Glenn, I think he is bringing his own bowl and spoon!! HA HA
Everyone enjoy the ice cream and the riding but be safe.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2013, 07:00:02 AM »
gotta watch that firewood guy!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2013, 05:35:31 AM »
LS bound at about 10 AM. See you all down there. Drive safe all.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
You all better hurry.  Dunsbond,enemy and I will have all the sand used up. 

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2013, 11:52:00 PM »
Sleepy time in Arkansas. See ya about 1! 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
Well back home and the drive was uneventfull.  Had a super time with all the bunch from DTS.  Really hated to leave but ran out of fuel.  no problems with the car and now will have to go on a diet to lose all the fat I gained over the corse of a week at LS.  We had to tip toe thru some hail on ice cream night but still stuffed 14 people in the mother ship for fun times and lots of home made ice cream.  got a couple of small hail dings in the hood jof the truck as the rest of the guys.  Carl had some major dings in the roof the his new inclosed.  As all have said now that I am running the e-85 fuel I am burnning just right at 35% more then on race gas. But I have so much more torque then ever before.   there were times when I had to use fourth gear to get from one dune to the next.   There is a first time for everything. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:57:44 PM by fastcorvairs »

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »
Great to see all wonderful people from DTS. Big thanks to everyone for taking in my mother and Bob through out the trip. You truly are a great bunch. The hail storm was a bit of a downer.

I best share it before someone else. I managed to run myself over with my rail. I am scraped and bruised up. Think my ankle is sprained. Plan to go see the doc on Monday. Pretty sure I cant go to work. Walking is difficult to say the least. Big thanks to the guys that lifted the rail off my dumb ass. I will be putting in an clutch safety switch for the starter. Clutch not in, no start.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »
Great to see all wonderful people from DTS. Big thanks to everyone for taking in my mother and Bob through out the trip. You truly are a great bunch. The hail storm was a bit of a downer.

I best share it before someone else. I managed to run myself over with my rail. I am scraped and bruised up. Think my ankle is sprained. Plan to go see the doc on Monday. Pretty sure I cant go to work. Walking is difficult to say the least. Big thanks to the guys that lifted the rail off my dumb ass. I will be putting in an clutch safety switch for the starter. Clutch not in, no start.

NO VIDEO?! Just kidding. That's a bummer man! Glad you are OK.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »
HA, you should hang out with My brother. He managed to run himself over with his tractor. After it ran him over it continued on to T-bone his truck..........

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »

Sorry to here Scott. Hope you heal soon. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »
Well,at least,you weren't the first of our group to do that. Right,Deano  ??? ??? ;D ;D  Hope nothing is broken.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2013, 05:12:51 PM »
i feel your pain & shame  ??? eyes ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal