Author Topic: Little Sahara Thanksgiving 2011  (Read 7283 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Little Sahara Thanksgiving 2011
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:38:19 AM »
Well if the weather is half-ass, I have a crew that is putting it on their calender to head down Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Before I jump on with them, I was wondering if this is a stupid-crowded weekend down there? (mostly depends on the forecast I'm sure) I mean, if its anything like any other holidays down there, I'm not sure how interested I am in dealing with the crowds (or cold) and finding a spot to plug in a camper, so still up in the air on this trip...

Any info is appreciated!

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Little Sahara Thanksgiving 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »
Well if the weather is half-ass, I have a crew that is putting it on their calender to head down Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Before I jump on with them, I was wondering if this is a stupid-crowded weekend down there? (mostly depends on the forecast I'm sure) I mean, if its anything like any other holidays down there, I'm not sure how interested I am in dealing with the crowds (or cold) and finding a spot to plug in a camper, so still up in the air on this trip...

Any info is appreciated!

Not to bad on the T-day weekend.  Stay at Deuces and have t-day dinner with the whole camp ground.  Sharon cleans out the tee shack and every one brings something for the dinner.  Lots of fun and get to meet a lot of good people.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »
Keep us posted.  I mite throw the Mantis on the day trailer and come down the day after T-day for one day.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »
That's far enough off I should have the 091 back in and in time to do some more tuning before G. Might make a day trip myself.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »
You Turkey's makin me sick with this day trip talk. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »
You Turkey's makin me sick with this day trip talk.

Ya I do feel for you Carl.   LMAO LMAO.  Air craft work is picking up in the midwest.  Come on over.  Get away for that hi humidity and crime.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 06:06:23 PM »
 :( :( :( :(I have to work on Black Friday! Have fun ya nuts.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »
let me know how it was if you go and get lots of video! I have a lot of family events to make on the holiday weekends and carl I'm with ya on all the day trip talks!!!!!   rofl rofl
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 08:37:40 PM »
It is lookin like this trip is a go!

Our crew is gunna roll outa Wahoo Wednesday morning I'm thinking. Will be staying at Cowboy if I find a spot there. Leaving Saturday.

The weather is looking pretty good as far as the forecast goes, but I'm starting to treat the weather like life these days..."moment-to-moment"  ...so we shall see right!  ;D

We are grilling a turkey on Thursday and Wahoo burgers on Friday for any members that wanna join in on our chaos!

WOOHOOO IM READY FOR A VACATION!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »
hope it's a good trip!
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 06:14:58 AM »
It is lookin like this trip is a go!

Our crew is gunna roll outa Wahoo Wednesday morning I'm thinking. Will be staying at Cowboy if I find a spot there. Leaving Saturday.

The weather is looking pretty good as far as the forecast goes, but I'm starting to treat the weather like life these days..."moment-to-moment"  ...so we shall see right!  ;D

We are grilling a turkey on Thursday and Wahoo burgers on Friday for any members that wanna join in on our chaos!

WOOHOOO IM READY FOR A VACATION!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well be down on Black Friday for a day trip.  Have Friends at Deuce's that stay for the week.  Will unload there and come down to Cowboy to say howdy.   

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 10:53:01 PM »
Sounds good Fast! See ya then!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 07:56:15 PM »
Well, all in all, it was a good trip...With the exception of a couple "technical difficulties" ... I DID drive the Monkey into the trailer under its own power...
More to come.... :'(

I got away for a few days, grilled a fat turkey with a few of
Nebraska's finest, end enjoyed a few hours in the sand! Life is good!

The drive home on the other hand...
Lets just say that 60 MPH gusts out of the North-West REALLY SUCKS ASS when heading North-East!!
 Truck on the yellow line, trailer on the white line all the way home.. And a sore wallet from the extra fuel consumed!... I have never seen a fuel gauge move that fast  eyes

Wish ya could of made it down Fabr and Fast! The weather turned out really good for Wednesday and Thursday. Friday was windy and made for some nice sand. And Saturday just sucked ass...But we already covered that..

See yall this spring!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 07:28:52 AM »
Sweet on the drive back in the trailer.  Hopfully you got some video for us regular folk.  When DS and I left out in fall trip a storm was a brewing, barely got the crapper emptied.  BAD cross winds for me all the way across to Enid. About an hour felt like I only used drivers side tires.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »
Ya,really wish I could have made it. Had t get the 091 apart tho. Glad I did after I saw what was inside it. See you at the spring get together.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal