Author Topic: Trip to Gordon Wells  (Read 1848 times)

SandDragon

Trip to Gordon Wells
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:10:13 AM »
Well I made it back from my first trip out to the big dunes, what a trip everybody should go at least once. I'll start off by telling Yummi thanks for the tip (Good Mexican Food in Gila Bend at "Sofia's") Sofia's is a good place to eat. We never made it anywhere other than Gordon Wells, we road there for a day and a half had a blast, There was a lot to learn in reading the dunes the sand out there can sure do some funny things. I have read about what people call witches eye but never knew what they were talking till i seen them for myself we had one experience with one Ron's cousin was leading Thursday afternoon than all of a sudden he disappeared we could still see his flag but could tell he was in trouble here is the pictures.,,, There were several there that we ran with, hooked with Clark the wood the wood guy from LS and meet several people over on the buttercup side. We were going to go riding around on the buttercup side Friday afternoon but the wind came up so we called a day and went back to Yuma and hung around a off road shop the rest of the day talking shop with some of the guys lots of fun, I will be going back someday with my own ride.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:24:19 AM by SandDragon »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Trip to Gordon Wells
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 07:32:48 AM »
SandDragon

Glad you had fun out west.  Clark called me and told me about all the problems every one had.  The offroad shop you hung at must have been Orbbs.  Clark tell you about the time him and I was there two years back when the earthquake came thru?  Clark was bent down looking at a Tran's setting on the floor under a shelf,  Looked up and the motor on the shelf above him was a rocking back and forth.  Scared the crap out of him.  Thought it was going to fall on his head.  It didn't but that was something.  Been in tornado's but had never been where there was and earthquake.  I was looking out the windows when it hit and I could have sworn that the two car's parked out front were going to ram the building I like to fell over trying to get out of the way.   You can hide from a tornado but there is no place to go to get away from and earthquake.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SandDragon

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:56:02 AM »
Ya he talked about the earthquake I have never been in one or close to a tornado seen the mes they make but always been on the right side of town when they have happened. Yes it was Orbbs met a guy there named Larry he drives a Subaru with a blower on it never seen the buggy but it sounds like it is bad ass. He and I talked a long time and he gave me several pointers on what to do with some things on my new buggy build nice guy. Like I said i met a lot of nice people there and will try to go back someday. Larry also told that the most fun place he has been is St. Anthony's he said fun but also intimidating place because the hill are tall and steep.

SandDragon

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 08:03:16 AM »
Here is the clip of Bill running off into the hole Ron thought I was getting to tow rope but I grabed the camera insteed hell can pull Bill out anytime can only get the pictures once. He was lucky nothing broke or bent just lifted the back end up and let the sand fall back in the hole moved the front around a little and drove it out.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:05:21 AM by SandDragon »

trans man

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
I like your group pic with everybody in a line. :D :D :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal