Author Topic: SIlver Lake 7-31 to 8-3 2009  (Read 9721 times)

odypilots

Re: SIlver Lake 7-31 to 8-3 2009
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »
I just got home for Silver Lake. I met Doug and John, who bought a Barracuda from a guy named Rico. Nutz4sand was there as well. I had a good time except for trying to keep up with those guys over some pretty rough sand. Those Barracudas have some sweet suspension. They go really good, too. The weather was great, as was the company!

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2009, 10:58:42 PM »
Was a great Trip! Awesome to meet up with a couple guys and do some hard @$$ riding.

Im callin all you out. Lets see some Air! I could do this all day!  8) 8) 8)

chrishallett83

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 12:03:43 AM »
Very nicely done Doug!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 09:31:56 AM »
We had a great time. The first day I tried to keep up duning with Doug and John (both in Barracudas) and Odypilots in his sled powered Pilot.

I nearly crashed my quad several times trying to follow them thru bad sections at speeds that were faster than I should have been going on a quad. I only really caught up when they slowed at sections for cross traffic etc. Sometimes not then.

The second day I was a little sore (not in great riding shape I guess so I ended up not getting out there. Plus it rained a little on and off) The third day I went back out and the airtime contest was in full swing.

It was fun watching the bike guys not fly as high or far as Doug and good few were trying just down the dune (same angle of launch and same landing area) I know Dougs got some more pics and such and we need to figure out a better camera system to insure the best shots. He was higher than these in some and we were snapping pics as best we could while one person stood on the dune face to give him OK for a clear landing zone (no blind jumping while going for the bigger stuff) and to warn the others he was coming up to get ready to snap a pic. (You could hear the motor of Dougs buggy coming up the dune usually but hard to judge by the sound. Especially with other big V8's in trucks and misc buggies/bikes/quads rumbling past on either side.) 

I know Dougs got some more eye candy to show when he gets to it. Will be well worth the wait to see it! 

To add icing to the cake Doug brought me a couple coveted parts for my bender he made. Which I will be showing in some pics of it cause I got the worst part of my bender done (time consuming stuff done) and with the first part Doug got me (I will show it and what it does to aid my bender in that post) and he also brought me the 1.5 inch tube rollers I have talked about in another thread so when I get this stand done I can try my roller following block idea on my PT-105. Hoping this roller backing block works as well. But will not know till I try it! 

Doug you ROCK!

Dunno how but I will figure something out to make this up to you.   

That said I need to go out to the garage and get the thing finished. If I get some good progress in today I hope to post some pics of it tonight in its own thread.

Put up the tribute! lol  ;D
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 10:55:41 AM »
Dougs a great guy. You guys need to team up for the fall LS get together. Great pics. I know he has a boatload of others! Great to hear all had a great time.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 04:42:28 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys...

Here are a few more out of probably 1000s Im going through and grabbing a few video frames as well. I have hours of video to go through as well. Mostly me though, Sorry guys  8)

I was the first one there Friday Morning  ;D

I was able to catch a great sunset Friday Evening...

chrishallett83

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »
Power wheelies in a Cuda hey Doug? Niiiiice.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 04:09:55 PM »
         Ok let me be the first one to ask.  What did you do?  Bury the fooken cam corder in the sand and run over it to get these shots.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline cleppla

• Fabricator
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 05:33:52 PM »
I love it.  Looks like a lot of fun.

Chris

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
yup and indeed I did bury it pretty good on a few passes. Just missing it with the rear wheel. I was using the go pro cameras. I had 4 of them along with 1 sony handy cam and 2 sequential cameras. We were pretty well set up, I have 100s of pics and hours of vid. This $hit does not even scratch the surface of what Ill be posting in the next couple of weeks.

Glad you like it so far

SPEC

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2009, 05:45:41 AM »
Great pix.....
Now get to chewin ;D
and get them vids up 8)
I know you got tasteees ;)

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2009, 05:52:24 AM »
Yes I do Thanks!

SPEC

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2009, 05:53:35 AM »
Did they make it for the trip?

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2009, 08:16:45 AM »
unfortunatly no my friend. It was a great treat when I returned though. Its probably better this way, I would have shared being the NICE GUY I am and would have none left for me.

The BBHO is a better batch than last. Great kick on this run! Im really enjoying it. Thanks again!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »
sounds and looks like we missed out on one hell of a trip! looks like a few swimming holes around there as well.  how was the fairy ride better or worse? you need to hurry up on the video footage  :slp :7 ;D  I do like the pics from the sand up! I think fastcorvairs does too.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal