Author Topic: AR-51 build  (Read 136782 times)

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
Re: AR-51 build
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2018, 07:49:59 PM »
the lights and the hoop look great.  I remember how nice it was to get just 2 HID's installed. 
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline deranged

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2018, 05:12:51 AM »
The light project turned out pretty good! I added a tie rod to adjust the lights up and down and got it all painted up.
The stock GSXR light circuit did NOT like the addition of these lights. LOL So today I will be running 3 individual circuits from the battery, to 3 relays and 3 switches. That way I can turn each light on one at a time to reduce the initial start-up strain in the battery and charging system. I will know how well they work this Saturday. It's the last day that the dunes are open until 10pm. I was out there last Saturday and it gets reallllly dark. Just my 2 cheap Ebay LED lights on the front of my car did pretty good for what they are.

I also went back to the valving that came with the shocks that King calculated.  A-LOT better.  I just wish they didn't screw up the spring rates as bad as they did.  LOL  Oh-well.  It does very well over the woops at speed.  I will be at the dunes again this weekend and I make SURE to get some video this time. 

I finished up installing a new clutch as well.  In another post I found that my inner clutch basket had some grooves from the metal disks.  I just said screw it and filed off the nasty and ran it.  No funky clutch engagement noticed.  I will be inquiring on an 05 Busa engine that is local to me, so wish me luck. 

I live nowhere near a desert....

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2018, 10:09:25 AM »
The light bar came out very nice.  I have those same lights and installed some 3M clear film over the plastic covers to protect from sand blasting. 

Offline deranged

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2018, 10:43:07 AM »
EXCELLENT call on the 3M film!

Oh, and I just bought an 05 Hayabusa with 13,000 miles, complete with header, gauges, wiring, rectifier, ECU and oil cooler!

Justin

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2018, 11:17:46 AM »
well the 05 is a great year to buy. so are you keeping it n/a?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline deranged

« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2018, 06:06:33 AM »
For now, I will keep it NA.  Maybe I will do a turbo next winter.  Headed to pick it up now!

Justin

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2018, 06:08:53 AM »
good plan.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2018, 08:13:48 AM »
i asked as i still have a cold air intake that just happened to come of 05 busa throttle bodies. i can bring it to the dunes with me. http://skipsbuggy.com/skipsbuggy_005.htm

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2018, 10:37:46 AM »
great looking buggy,one of the nicest I have seen, but you gotta move that flag to the back for it not to look bass ackwards.  5: :m :m 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline deranged

« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2018, 10:22:05 AM »
DS,
I'm not sure if that will fit on the throttle bodies as it might hit the radiator. 
Bring it to LS and we will see if it may work.

Fabr,
Iv'e got some rear (backwards 8) mounts for my flags.  Here in the mitten, we have to run em this way.  It's easy to identify the cars that came from out of state as they have a flag mount in the rear/mid of the car. 

So it was really nice to deal with a local salvage yard to get my engine.  It's very nice to actually buy something like this in person.  He threw in a keyed ignition, a 2-Brothers Juice Box and said to get a hold of him when I needed any other parts as he would heavily discount them for being local.
The bike it came out of was a custom painted bike with all sorts of polished stuff on it.  More of a show bike rather than a weekend drag bike. 

Doing some initial measurements it will be a tight squeeze but it will go in.  I currently have an electronics box under my radiator that has my battery, ECU, overflow can, tip over switch, kickstand switch and some fuses.  That is a PITA to access.  So that will all be moved under the front "hood" for easy access.  I then can possibly run a taller radiator and open things up in the back a bit.

Oh, and a quick video from Saturday night.  Let me know if it's posted right for a video.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2018, 10:34:28 AM »
what ever you do make sure you keep an oil cooler, stock or aftermarket as it did make a diff on mine. also .....is there a case saver on the clutch slave cyl? if you go heavier clutch ( as you will need to ) then it will need one.

Offline deranged

« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2018, 10:43:42 AM »
Absolutely on the oil cooler.  In fact I already have an oil cooler that I got when I bought the radiator from Rick.  It's a 9 row cooler with #10 AN fittings.  I've gotta look for the AN adapters to replace the ones that go on the block.
You mentioned a case saver.  I'm assuming that with heavier springs that hydraulic master cylinder may flex the stock cover?  I also saw a case saver for the starter side to prevent cracking on a misfire cold start?  Cheap insurance I guess.
Justin

Offline deranged

« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2018, 10:45:02 AM »
It has a chrome cover as seen below.  I'll be ditching all the chrome.  LOL  Except the chrome oil cap.  I like that.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2018, 10:48:30 AM »
YES,keep an oil cooler on it. A slave support is almost mandatory with the heavy clutch springs that you WILL want.  The busa has the classic road rash. Seems like all busa engines for sale have it. LOL!!! I recently saw one for sale with 3 miles on the odometer. Damn thing must have slid forever. It was worn clear through the covers.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2018, 10:51:57 AM »
Zero need for the starter support with a stock engine N/A or turbo. If it was a high compression bad ass N/A engine it would be wise to add one though.The slave support is a yes with heavy springs.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal