Author Topic: Busa Automatic Clutch.  (Read 5258 times)

lug-nuts

Re: Busa Automatic Clutch.
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 08:05:02 AM »
Sure, I built the ubuilditplans ShredderII buggy completed it around august of 2012. I modified the length, got rid of the jack shaft set up, modded the front end.

I ended up with a buggy that's 62" wide and 108" long, seats 2, and weighs around 650#'s. I have 14" travel up front and 8" in the rear (BIG SPROCKET GUARD)

I run a 1999 gsxr750 with the emf auto clutch, did the Timing Retard Eliminator AKA TRE, 13T front sprocket 70T rear, According to GPS I top out around 75 mph.

I ride sand, trails, dirt roads, mud hole's, whatever I can find. We have a large selection of areas with access to them here in Utah.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
Sure wish i lived in your part of the US. Love the pic with all the mud!! I bet it is a lot of fun riding that terrain. 
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

lug-nuts

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 02:28:39 PM »
The mud was by accident, I was running on a "dry" lake bed during the spring and found the not dry part.

The lake bed was just crusted over, I had to put on the paddles to get out of it. It took 5 guys, 3 trucks, 250' chains and tow straps to get out.

Ended up just driving out once the sand tires were on. The guys pushing were not happy, especially the one that had his mouth open :-X

OH, and I have never had a problem mechanically with the auto clutch.

lug-nuts

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »
We have beautiful wooded mountain trails also. I will be doing some of those this spring/summer.

This pic was taken back in September, down in Manti la Salle national forest. It snowed on us, elevation was about 9000' temps in the valley were in the upper 60's

You can ride here too!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:43:04 PM by lug-nuts »

lug-nuts

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »
Same area about 30 miles north, very nice lake with tons of dirt roads. I think we saw 3 vehicles, and 1 boat for the 3-1/2 hours we fished there.

lug-nuts

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »
Then there's this

lug-nuts

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 03:00:31 PM »
And this.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 03:35:41 PM »
The mud was by accident, I was running on a "dry" lake bed during the spring and found the not dry part.

The lake bed was just crusted over, I had to put on the paddles to get out of it. It took 5 guys, 3 trucks, 250' chains and tow straps to get out.

Ended up just driving out once the sand tires were on. The guys pushing were not happy, especially the one that had his mouth open :-X

OH, and I have never had a problem mechanically with the auto clutch.
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Poor guy.   Very good to hear your report on the efm in a buggy. Mine weighs around 1800 pounds in sand trim. I assume the results would the same with a busa considering they are used on Harley's and such.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »
I might have to hit you up to get together this summer. Might make a round trip out of it when going to St.Anthony.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
Sure, I built the ubuilditplans ShredderII buggy completed it around august of 2012. I modified the length, got rid of the jack shaft set up, modded the front end.

I ended up with a buggy that's 62" wide and 108" long, seats 2, and weighs around 650#'s. I have 14" travel up front and 8" in the rear (BIG SPROCKET GUARD)

I run a 1999 gsxr750 with the emf auto clutch, did the Timing Retard Eliminator AKA TRE, 13T front sprocket 70T rear, According to GPS I top out around 75 mph.

I ride sand, trails, dirt roads, mud hole's, whatever I can find. We have a large selection of areas with access to them here in Utah.

welcome to the site!   great info btw and what size tires are you running?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

lug-nuts

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »
Currently running 25/10/12 rear 25/8/12 front

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »
my busa mini  rear paddles are 31x12x15 and fronts are 28x7.5x15 so that's where the lower speed comes from.  nice rail btw and daaaaaaaaamn nice scenery!!!!!!!!!!!!

my sprocket is 13-70 so it's getting a turbo to make up for a little lag lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal