Author Topic: Fixed 930 CV  (Read 13238 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Fixed 930 CV
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2015, 07:09:01 AM »
i like the cad drawings and we can tell what you do for a living lol      it does appear to have pos camber on the left wheel and a little toe out but i am sure you will finetune that in you build. really shouldn't with a-arms, i wondered how tricky it would be to make the box fit the current susp cradle.  i like the idea of ps but how are you going to drive the pump for the howe rack?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline jersdunz

• Fabricator
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 08:10:09 AM »
Yea the arms are equal length. And the vertical dimension on the hubs is 2" taller than on the chassis. Giving some camber but ruling out the fold over that happens at the bottom of the stroke.

I might revisit that when drawing the new outer bearing carriers.

I'm just using the rack without any of the power stuff on it.
Works awesome.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »
really, i would've thought that would've been harder to turn vs. a stock manual rack..... good to know.  what made you decide to try the power rack as a manual?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »
Yea the arms are equal length. And the vertical dimension on the hubs is 2" taller than on the chassis. Giving some camber but ruling out the fold over that happens at the bottom of the stroke.

I might revisit that when drawing the new outer bearing carriers.

I'm just using the rack without any of the power stuff on it.
Works awesome.

how much wheel travel do you have w/o limit straps in the rear? how much camber is that 2" creating for you? is it mostly pos or neg or how much of both?  just curious  i know that on my front end with the spindle 1/2" taller it creates neg 3* of camber. that is with or w/o un equeal length a arms.

Offline jersdunz

• Fabricator
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »
only difference for power steering is the gear bar, has ends that go out each side with holes for the cylinder brackets.

Real travel is 18 if I remember correct. Haven't put any thought to it since assembling it. It doesn't have any weird handling characteristics.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »
fixed it for ya.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 09:40:54 AM »
only difference for power steering is the gear bar, has ends that go out each side with holes for the cylinder brackets.

Real travel is 18 if I remember correct. Haven't put any thought to it since assembling it. It doesn't have any weird handling characteristics.

ya i was just wondering what the advantage was.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2015, 04:23:25 PM »
This just reminded me I have a torn boot on my rail. Not looking forward to working on that greasy mess. The is in dire need of a bath due to that sucker!
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal