Author Topic: Fixed 930 CV  (Read 13241 times)

Offline Punkur67

Re: Fixed 930 CV
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:46 PM »
So your saying if you smack your balls you shaft moves in and out
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

SPEC

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »
So your saying if you smack your balls you shaft moves in and out

BBBBWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »
 ff: And if you goto much angle with your shaft your balls could fall out and break your cage.  Dont break the cage.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

rpierce

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
I love this site. Threads turn from intelligent conversation to innuendo in seconds. Classic. LMAO LMAO.

Shiny balls...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 08:20:11 PM »
ff: And if you goto much angle with your shaft your balls could fall out and break your cage.  Dont break the cage.
OH! THAT'S effin' FUNNY!!!!!! LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline jersdunz

• Fabricator
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 11:32:19 PM »
Do any of you have a picture or link to the slip axles, I've never seen them for sale or even pictures of how that is done in a fixed cv application. I just know I'm tired of high angle drive line vibration.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 05:02:59 AM »
I think Fabr is only one running slip axles.  I think they were RCV??  I'm running standard 930 axles in mine.  You will need a good A-arm or 5-6 link rear to run standard axles in non-plunge cv's.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 05:54:23 AM »
My slip axles are from RCV. RCV custom made them for me.The only reason I ran them were from concerns about deflection of my a arm setup possibly necessitating the need for some slip even the design had zero plunge in CAD. As it turned out , there was no need for them as the splines will allow a small amount of plunge even tho the fixed cv does not plunge at all. I DO NOT suggest that slip joint axles be used on set ups requiring more plunge than the splines slip in the star such as trailing arm setups.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline jersdunz

• Fabricator
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 07:45:31 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I have ordered an rpm box & plan to install that some time soon.
I thought over the winter installing the turbo parts I've been accumulating and maybe switching to the 33/28 spline CV stubs that Ricks sells and a set of these CV fixed 930's ( there pretty pricey )

So you guys that are running them have you limited the angle any, I figured I'd want to hold back a few degrees but wondered what I could get away with and have it be happy and reliable.

I think to get the zero plunge I'd have to build a new set of outer hub carriers, because of the narrower rpm CV to CV center line distance but that would be fairly easy i think.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 10:56:07 AM »
There is almost no limit to the max angle of fixed cv's, actually its about 40*-45*.  ;D  But like Fabr I designed with no plunge, and I may see about 1/8" thru deflection and real world building. 
I set max droop at about 32*, and ride at about 22*.  I think the RCV fixed 930 are about $180 ea??  RCV can be slow to ship, try Alper Motorsports, they're a dealer and are super nice folks.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 11:17:21 AM »
I bought mine direct from RCV as they were one of the first to be available. I have 4 spares but with 4 years on them with no sign of wear and only lubed on original install I doubt I'll need them.( Hope that doesn't bring bad voodoo down on me. LOL!!!! .) Alper is very good to deal with,mention me and the DTS site if you would if you deal with him.  I forget the max angle on the fixed 930's but I limit mine to 28* just because that's all I need.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 07:26:55 PM »
how much angle are you running now? are you going to have to cut your rear cradle off and build another to fit the rpm box in? i believe the non plunge 930 cv is 1.75" wide so doesn't stand off the 930 flange is like 7/8" center off the flange so if your going to run a arms you need spacer to space them off to match the 2.25" stand off you prob have now with the u joints.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2015, 07:30:19 PM »
i have non plunge 930 cv's at my center section and f150 stubs with f 150 cvs at the wheel which are non plunge as well. i have 1/8" plunge on my axles  and going on 4 years w/o issues there. the non plunge cv's have about 1/16" movement upon themselves so aoubt 1/8" combined. i haven't been real good about repacking my cv's every year or two like i should but they're still good.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline jersdunz

• Fabricator
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2015, 10:22:19 PM »
My rack and grayarea front brake assemblies came from Alpers I love that guy...
I ordered a $299 or $399 billet rack from them, it was backed up and took a month when I asked him about it.
I got a high strength steel power steering ready 600$ howe unit off the shelf instead.
Alpers has got my business whenever he has what I'm after!!

I think to make up the cv to u joint cl change i'll build new outer housings that will be less of a hassle than rebuilding the
whole rear basket assembly. Although it will require some fairly extensive reworking.

You can see in the first attachment that the higher placement of the RPM box Raised my axles out of line with the arms so I'm going to have to rebuild different outer hubs anyway.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:24:13 PM by jersdunz »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2015, 05:49:13 AM »
The CAD @ full droop shows a lot of positive camber. Is that how you designed it?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal